Free parking with an AP, You Tube couple made a comment that made me wonder

I drove over to the MK this morning, arriving at the parking booth about 7:40am, and all the attendant did was glance at my offered AP card and ID.

The receipt could have something to do with keeping the parking attendant accountable. I can't think of any specific situation where this could happen, but perhaps some attendants figured out how to charge somebody cash, pocket the money, and then wave them through as an AP holder. If everybody gets a receipt, though, it would be pretty obvious to someone that their receipt comes up "free, no charge" despite their having paid $20+ that something strange is going on.
I'm sure it doesn't work exactly that way, but my bet is it's meant to defend against something similar.

The receipt could have something to do with keeping the parking attendant accountable. I can't think of any specific situation where this could happen, but perhaps some attendants figured out how to charge somebody cash, pocket the money, and then wave them through as an AP holder. If everybody gets a receipt, though, it would be pretty obvious to someone that their receipt comes up "free, no charge" despite their having paid $20+ that something strange is going on.
I'm sure it doesn't work exactly that way, but my bet is it's meant to defend against something similar.
Oh, interesting theory! That makes a lot of sense.

I believe DL AP's pay extra for a parking pass. UO & SeaWorld include parking on their 2 higher value AP's, but not on lower value ones.

You can no longer add parking to DL APs unless you are grandfathered in and keep renewing the same pass level that previously allowed the parking add on. At DL, only the top two tiers include parking (Signature and Signature Plus).

They have always given out a receipt at DL when you use the AP for free parking. I collect them, they are printed on cardstock, so I count them every year to see how many visits I made.

NY parks are similar. People who present an annual pass are sometimes waved through and are sometimes are given a zero receipt. I'll agree with PP, probably a way to audit employees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter