• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

free dining?

wingdings

Earning My Ears
i keep hearing and reading about free dining what is it and how can i join in also has a noob on here can someone explain our give me a list of what dd,ds,hd things like that stand for thanks

Free dining was a promo deal offered for the last part of August thru September. Too late to get it now since it ended in June. DH, DW, etc mean Disney Husband / Disney Wife, and so forth or simply Darling Wife in the case of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

For the last two years Disney has had a deal where if you book a trip, including room and tickets, diring a certain time in the spring/summer with plans to travel in August/September you get a meal plan for free. They do this at a time which is normally very slow for them due to hurricane season and school just starting back. It will also be hot and muggy then. We hope they will offer it every fall, but there are no guarantees. You can BUY the Disney dining plan at any time of year if you buy a package deal from Disney(their hotels and stuff.) Disney offers other specials on room rates and packages at different times to keep their hotels full year round. HTH!

Two other terms you'll want to get used to are "sticky" and FAQ.

A "sticky" is an important thread which remains permanently at the top of a board. FAQ stands for Frequently Asked Questions.

You see where this is going...don't you? If you look at the top of THIS board, you will find the Disney Dining Plan FAQ, which will explain virtually all about the dining plan.

As laceemouse explained, the "free" dining plan is only from the middle of August (I think the 13th) until September 30. However, like most "free" deals, this one comes with strings attached -- rack rate for room, everybody in the room must have the plan for the entire length of stay, each person must also buy at least a one-day park pass whether they need it or not.

By the way...WELCOME TO THE DIS! You'll find it a great place for info on all things Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter