Free dining on wdw travel company

Magic Megadegs

Mouseketeer
Checked last night and got a limited selection of hotels to choose from for 15.08.14 for 2 weeks None of the vacation club were there and no mention of free dining.

Checked this morning and there were loads of hotels including vacation club and off site and it says free dining available on selected dates for 2014, click for details.

When you click on the link however there was no information coming up. Maybe it will be properly live a little later x

I've just looked, there's no SSR and OKW at present and it's only the CS plan that's free even for the deluxes.

I have SSR but no okw but bay lake is there, veto beach etc. However, the quote I have for 2 weeks at SSR in a 1 bed villa with tickets for 2 adults and 2 children is £5200 and ATM that is without dining!

Ive just done a quote on the Virgin site and they had DDP not QSDP on the hotel we plan to book-CR
So hopefully WDW will have the info later :)

WD site now showing ...

Receive Free Dine, $200 Disney Gift Card and 14 for 7 ticket

Book your 2014 holiday early and make family memories that will last a lifetime!

For bookings made by 1st July 2013 for selected arrivals between 1 Jan 2014 - 8 Apr 2014 and 27 Apr 2014 – 30 Nov 2014.

If you book by 1st July and stay at a selected Disney Hotel for a minimum of 5 nights, you'll benefit from these three magical offers:

1. FREE Disney Dining for your whole party throughout your entire stay at up to 100 dining locations at Walt Disney World.

2. FREE $200 Disney Spending Money to treat yourself and your family for even more Disney magic during your dream holiday.

3. Disney’s 14-Day Ultimate Ticket which includes unlimited entry to ALL six Parks for a price of a Disney’s 7-Day Ultimate ticket.

PLUS save 35% on your accommodation by staying at Disney’s Old Key West Resort or Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. †

Don't miss out on a chance to get the most of your magical holiday - book now and make family memories that will last a lifetime!

Shame our hotel isnt showing on the WDW site, might have to email them :)

There is currentely a glitch on WDTC-UK website

if you try to book, you might notice that the "dining" screen does not show up.
Impossible to select or upgrade the dining plan.

Booking summary does not take DP into account. Stil lthe prices quoted seem to include QSDP (for mods) or the price has gone way up ( I was just quoted $200 more for accomodation, same period, POR, no Dining Plan showing on the summary ... and for £200 less in 2013 I had DDP (upgraded from free QSDP) this would mean roughly a £350 price hike per week ... :crazy2:

So there is definitely a problem right now. Hope they fix it soon

seems to be working fine now and OKW and SSR are showing up. Free dining plan for deluxe resorts and QSDP for moderates.

Bit gutted as POFQ has taken a £400 jump for same dates compared to 2013. So may have to look into another resort.

Bit gutted as POFQ has taken a £400 jump for same dates compared to 2013. So may have to look into another resort.

Might be worth checking out OKW or SSR as I just just checked and compared a studio at OKW checking in Feb 1st for 14-nights in 2013 for room only was £2,268, if booking today for same dates in 2014 the price has only increased by £70 to £2,338.00, only a £5.00 a day increase.

Have booked POFQ last year and again for later this year. Prices have gone up around 33% from 2012 to 2014. First two weeks in November with tickets and DDP. Two adults only in 2012 was £2143, for this year it went up to £2453 and getting quote for next year of £2880.

Going to look at OKW or SSR, but have never stayed at either. The size of them puts me off a little, however having the car will help.

To be honest looking at Pop or AoA as it works out over £1100 cheaper which negates any of the free dining and $200 gift card benefit, as we don't spend too long in the hotel other than sleeping or at the pool we don't mind staying in the values.

Anyone considering the "free" dining offers check and double check your figures before booking. Could be worth waiting for a room only deal and paying for food.

Just been looking at the new prices.
A room at the Beach club next August is £296/nt (add tickets to get free DDP) less 3% Quidco = £287

This August same dates a room at the Beach club is £191 less 10.1% TCB = £180

Or renting points works out at around £120/nt (depending on price you pay per point)

I know prices will go up a little for the latter 2 prices for next year but the "free" dining looks to be priced into the room rate, especially if there is only 2 in a room.

Anyone considering the "free" dining offers check and double check your figures before booking. Could be worth waiting for a room only deal and paying for food.

Just been looking at the new prices.
A room at the Beach club next August is £296/nt (add tickets to get free DDP) less 3% Quidco = £287

This August same dates a room at the Beach club is £191 less 10.1% TCB = £180

Or renting points works out at around £120/nt (depending on price you pay per point)

I know prices will go up a little for the latter 2 prices for next year but the "free" dining looks to be priced into the room rate, especially if there is only 2 in a room.

You may well have a good point there Wayne. I have been pricing up dummy bookings without the free dining, both adding it on and not over fixed dates. When I did my booking for this year now that the FD is up on the site, it comes up marginally less than it did paying for the room and adding dining as paid for.

I wonder if the UK is using the US "rack rate" approach to the free dining periods this year? Same number of nights as last year is coming up at just shy of £1050 more than it did last year. I accept that we have been going off season but I am looking at mid June next year and certainly not in the July/August holidays (UK anyway) so I can't see any reason why it should be more except that they appear to have changed the structure of the deal. :rolleyes:

You may well have a good point there Wayne. I have been pricing up dummy bookings without the free dining, both adding it on and not over fixed dates. When I did my booking for this year now that the FD is up on the site, it comes up marginally less than it did paying for the room and adding dining as paid for.

I wonder if the UK is using the US "rack rate" approach to the free dining periods this year? Same number of nights as last year is coming up at just shy of £1050 more than it did last year. I accept that we have been going off season but I am looking at mid June next year and certainly not in the July/August holidays (UK anyway) so I can't see any reason why it should be more except that they appear to have changed the structure of the deal. :rolleyes:

I just don't think the UK site is actually using the 35% on OKW yet. I just compared the prices and they are virtually the same room rates as the US which doesn't have a discount at the moment from what I can see.

2 weeks 1 bed before tickets
UK is £3444
US is £3680 (@1.5 USD-GBP)

2 weeks 2 bed before tickets
UK is £7042
US is £7791

Just too close, a 2 bed should be 5k ish.

I just don't think the UK site is actually using the 35% on OKW yet. I just compared the prices and they are virtually the same room rates as the US which doesn't have a discount at the moment from what I can see.

2 weeks 1 bed before tickets
UK is £3444
US is £3680 (@1.5 USD-GBP)

2 weeks 2 bed before tickets
UK is £7042
US is £7791

Just too close, a 2 bed should be 5k ish.

What dates you looking at?

I posted on Dibb last night my estimates based on 32% off rack rate in a studio http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=697979&page=2
my contribution starts in post #11.
I also estimated a 1 bed in July
Both were about spot on so IMO the prices now include the discount.

I've priced it up. Best price on WDW (SSR studio) is still £1k more than renting points for AKL (our favourite resort).

Granted that doesn't include food but we won't spend £1k in 2 weeks.

With that difference I might even treat us to a couple of nights back at the Floridian.

What dates you looking at?

I posted on Dibb last night my estimates based on 32% off rack rate in a studio http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=697979&page=2
my contribution starts in post #11.
I also estimated a 1 bed in July
Both were about spot on so IMO the prices now include the discount.

I'm looking at 9th - 23rd August.

I think it's just the 2 bed okw that is crazy now as some have been fixed. SSR 2 bed is now 5000 wheras 2 bed OKW is 7000.

Hopefully by tonight it'll be sorted although that's a lot of money!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter