Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is everyone calling or going online for Thursday? And do we have to wait for the official announcement from disney or just call and ask?

7:00 for sure! If I weren't trying to get the only resort for 5 in both the value or moderate category, I might not feel so panicked. But now it is, so I am. I really did not expect those exclusions!

Thank you so much Joe for all that you have done these past few weeks. You have been incredibly patient and helpful! And thank you to David as well! I am looking forward to Thursday and finally being able to exhale once it is all set. :banana:

will we still need to call or book online? Kids start school tomorrow:sad: Morning will kinda hectic. Not going to have time to be on the phone for an hour.

I saw someone asked on the previous thread but didn't see an answer. How is the shuttle service from POR? Coronado? Caribbean Beach? We wanted POFQ but if FD is not available there, we will choose another moderate. We will be getting the standard room if at all possible, but I am not wanting to be so far away that we have to walk 15 minutes to a shuttle stop. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the info - can't wait till Thursday! :woohoo::cheer2:

CB buses are the WORST!

POR buses were pretty good.

Will you have a car with you there? We opted for a non preferred room when we stayed there a few years ago, and just drove the car to main building, had breakfast, then hopped on a bus. It was nice knowing that the car was waiting for us when we returned to the resort. We would stop back in to fill up our mugs and maybe get a snack, then drive back to the room.

However, if you don't have a car, then I would def try to get a preferred room. Good Luck, I hope you get what you are wanting! :)

Trying again Thursday! Switching from a Little Mermaid room to maybe Riverside or CBR. I haven't stayed at either. We have two little girls 3 & 6. Does anyone have a recommendation? I know they would've loved AofA but I have no idea which moderate would appeal to them -maybe a royal room at the RIverside if its part of the offer?

Oh yes! With 2 little girls, I would definitely do a Riverside RR! I know my daughter would love it if we could fit in one....

I've seen lots of questions about the moderates on this thread.

I've spent >60 nights in them since I started my site in 2008, including 25 nights in 2012/13 after the latest round of refurbs. From these stays, updated reviews are linked to from here http://**************.net/2013/03/25/walt-disney-worlds-moderate-resorts/. Moreover, there's a different view of the rankings among them here: http://**************.net/2013/03/28/the-moderates-remix/

Similarly I've seen a lot on what to do for families larger than 4. This review of the Family Suites at Music also compares and contrasts the 5/6 person options for those not looking for a deluxe: http://**************.net/2012/09/05/review-the-family-suites-disneys-all-star-music-resort/

And if this is spammy let me know and I'll pull it :)

Trying again Thursday! Switching from a Little Mermaid room to maybe Riverside or CBR. I haven't stayed at either. We have two little girls 3 & 6. Does anyone have a recommendation? I know they would've loved AofA but I have no idea which moderate would appeal to them -maybe a royal room at the RIverside if its part of the offer?

We have a RGR booked at POR for Oct and I think our DD 4 will just love all the little princess/fairytale touches in the room. Now I just need to cross my fingers that they will be part of the FD on Thursday.

Exciting! Someone mentioned that FD can be booked online. Will it go live at 7:00 am on the website or should I plan on calling?

Okay. Relatively new here. We booked our trip for November in May, we were going regardless of the free dining. We booked through a travel agent who only works part-time and is not in on Thursdays. Our current reservations are for POR in a riverview room. Is it okay for me to call and make the changes needed to get free dining? Or do I have to do it through the travel agent?

I already have my reservation at POFQ so I'll still attempt to have FD or RO applied to my existing reservation. It can't hurt to ask I figure. If they say No to both then maybe I'll try out POR since I've never stayed there but I've heard so much good about POFQ that I may just stick it out. No matter what, I'm still going to Disney :cool1:

Okay. Relatively new here. We booked our trip for November in May, we were going regardless of the free dining. We booked through a travel agent who only works part-time and is not in on Thursdays. Our current reservations are for POR in a riverview room. Is it okay for me to call and make the changes needed to get free dining? Or do I have to do it through the travel agent?

You would have to have your travel agent make the change for you. Good luck!

Is she in tomorrow? Call or email her as soon as possible and let her know the deal is coming. See if she will be handling it for you or if there is someone in her office can do it that day. She should take care of it for you or at least get someone to do it if she can't.

Looks like lots of us were hoping for POFQ so I'll reask -- does it ever get added back into the offer if they have a ton of people leave it for the FD elsewhere?

I've seen lots of questions about the moderates on this thread.

I've spent >60 nights in them since I started my site in 2008, including 25 nights in 2012/13 after the latest round of refurbs. From these stays, updated reviews are linked to from here http://**************.net/2013/03/25/walt-disney-worlds-moderate-resorts/. Moreover, there's a different view of the rankings among them here: http://**************.net/2013/03/28/the-moderates-remix/

Similarly I've seen a lot on what to do for families larger than 4. This review of the Family Suites at Music also compares and contrasts the 5/6 person options for those not looking for a deluxe: http://**************.net/2012/09/05/review-the-family-suites-disneys-all-star-music-resort/

And if this is spammy let me know and I'll pull it :)

Spam away! I love your site! Have a terrific Thursdave!

Now comes the part you won't like....

There are now some more exclusions.

All Star Movies
Art of Animation
Port Orleans French Quarter

Well a week ago that would have bummed me out but my mom flipped for the Royal Rooms so that is where we're going to try for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter