Free Dining June 2018

brehede1

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Thank you for all the useful information - I have learned a lot reading all the posts, and it is very helpful getting info from a UK/ Ireland perspective. I got a very good price for Dublin - Orlando with Aer Lingus / Virgin thanks to the info I read on the Forum!

We are planning a trip in June 2018 and will be spending 11 nights in Orlando and 10 nights in Cocoa Beach. I have booked Saratoga Springs for 10 days in early June with free dining. I would prefer OKW but it doesn't seem to be available. I have a few questions I would be grateful for any help:

- when I rang Disney (US it seemed to be), the CM told me that I could change to OKW if it becomes available later - even if the Free Dining is over - that I have free dining now and would keep it even if I changed resort, is that true? She said "Disney wouldn't be that mean"!
- how likely is OKW to come up now for Free Dining, seems like it is popular and sold out? Do more rooms come up and when is the best time of day to check the website?
- we get in the first night at 6pm so don't want to waste a day in a Deluxe. Can I add a moderate for one night at the start of the trip and have it included for free QS that night (since I have a 21 day ticket).
- we have booked a "Deluxe Studio" - according to the CM this is generic, not standard or preferred, is that right?

Thanks very much!
Dee

Yes it is. However it could be at current rates. I will try to explain

we booked CBR 2015 for 2016 with QDP for a budget trip. Made up numbers but lest say the package for cbr at the time of the booking was 4200 including QDP. The package for SSR was 5000 with DDP.

We upgraded QDP to DDP at cost of 750 making the packkage 4950.
I called to ask for SSR, but the traditional room discount was gone. I was able to change at cost of 1000 on top of the 4950 and at that cost they would give me the free full ddp, but the room rate was rack rate.

However if something comes up next few months you should be ok. SSR is lovely by the way, we are heading there for 16 days next June and I prefer it than OKW

Hi All,

- when I rang Disney (US it seemed to be), the CM told me that I could change to OKW if it becomes available later - even if the Free Dining is over - that I have free dining now and would keep it even if I changed resort, is that true? She said "Disney wouldn't be that mean"!
- how likely is OKW to come up now for Free Dining, seems like it is popular and sold out? Do more rooms come up and when is the best time of day to check the website?
- we get in the first night at 6pm so don't want to waste a day in a Deluxe. Can I add a moderate for one night at the start of the trip and have it included for free QS that night (since I have a 21 day ticket).
- we have booked a "Deluxe Studio" - according to the CM this is generic, not standard or preferred, is that right?

Thanks very much!
Dee
1st question see my answer above
2nd questions, see my answer above. I wouldn't count on it
3rd no. In order to get free dinning you have to book at least 5 nights and tickets and not resort hop. Adding nights at different resort won't work. Your ticket will also start on the day you check in for the booking with your dinning, not the day before.

However if you arrive at 6 pm and don't do park that evening (it could be after 8 by the time you arrive) you can start your tickets next morning.

Deluxe studio - they don't offer preffered to uk packages any more. Two areas are preffered and mainly for DVC, it's unlikely you will get room there. The Springs and Congress Park. Your booking (and mine) is for standard room in one of the other areas and the deluxe studio is the cheapest option at this resort. Not sure why they call it deluxe, probably as it's studio at deluxe resort. It's not a room upgrade as such.

We loved our stay there!

Thanks very much for your replies! That is encouraging regarding the date change (but probably won't be worth it if price goes up!).
I was checking various dates yesterday and it seemed like all of June had been excluded and all the July dates I tried had availability.
i have not been to either resort yet so I am happy to hear that you prefer SSR. I was hoping to get a bed for my teenage sons rather than the pull out but they won't mind too much!
Thanks
Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter