Free Dining doubtful - travel agent says WDW bookings up by 50% for August this year

Actually The free DDp was offered in the UK last year, it was released in about JUne time. I know because My mum and I booked in the MArch for september , in the June WDW released the free DDP, for late August throught September. Unfortunately we could not change our booking to take up the offer

The impression over here in the UK, is that it will be offered again. Many people here have already taken advantage of the Free plan offered for bookings before Nov 06.

We are waiting for its release again in June/July for this september, as Mum wants to go back.
It's ALREADY been offered in the UK for 2007! I don't know all the details, but it has already been offered and got a huge response.

It's ALREADY been offered in the UK for 2007! I don't know all the details, but it has already been offered and got a huge response.

It was offered if you booked before november 06 for travel sept-october 07.

We are waiting for another release this June/July:)

You defo coulnd't book in the Uk for August 2006...It was a USA only promotion and the only way to book it was through Disney USA....NOT disney Uk.
However we could book it from the UK for this August 2007!
We kept our booking with Disney Uk ...but changed it so it was just our 14 day day ultimate tickets. We cancelled the room part and rebooked with Disney Usa...to get free dining.
I spoke to loads of people at Disney UK and there was no way I could add free dining with them.

Our friends who came with us kept their whole package with Disney Uk as they didn't want the hassle of cancelling and rebooking...at no point up to our trip where they able to get free dining.
There was no offer in JUNE to the Uk public...if there was I would have known as Iam on these boards daily and it would have been big news!! I would have let my friends know and they could have gotten free dining.
But there was no such offer last yr.

You defo coulnd't book in the Uk for August 2006...It was a USA only promotion and the only way to book it was through Disney USA....NOT disney Uk.
However we could book it from the UK for this August 2007!
We kept our booking with Disney Uk ...but changed it so it was just our 14 day day ultimate tickets. We cancelled the room part and rebooked with Disney Usa...to get free dining.
I spoke to loads of people at Disney UK and there was no way I could add free dining with them.

Our friends who came with us kept their whole package with Disney Uk as they didn't want the hassle of cancelling and rebooking...at no point up to our trip where they able to get free dining.
There was no offer in JUNE to the Uk public...if there was I would have known as Iam on these boards daily and it would have been big news!! I would have let my friends know and they could have gotten free dining.
But there was no such offer last yr.

I think we are splitting hairs here.

It may have not been "offered" as such in the uk but manu UK visitors took advantage of it.

Sorry I thought you meant it was offered in the UK in June last yr.
Did you mean it was offered in the Us but we in the Uk could take advantage?
I didn't understand your first post.
It was actually offered on the 1st april last yr...don't know were June comes into it??
It may or may not be offered this yr to the general public in the US ...we will have to wait and see. But I very much doubt they would wait till June to offer free dining for August.:)

I think we are splitting hairs here.

It may have not been "offered" as such in the uk but manu UK visitors took advantage of it.

You see what i was trying to say was people booked through Uk tour operators including Disney Uk could NOT book free dining last year. I said this in my first post.:) ...I guess I got confused because you then tried to correct me by saying Yes it was offered in the Uk in June...:confused:

It seems that Disney just doesn't want ANY slower times.

Well, not to be rude, but...
DUH!:rotfl:
Of course they don't want slow times! They want our hard-earned money! It's a business, you know!;) And as I've posted elsewhere, they have an obligation to their shareholders (like my son!) to try to maximize their profits in reasonable ways. I think they're doing a great job of it, although I still enjoy the challenge of trying to go at the right time for the right price! That's why I'm a hopeless Dis Addict!:surfweb: :lmao:

Just called them about the 2007 possible magical Beginnings--which they probably won't have again..and i asked about Free Dining--she said only offered in past bc they had issue/problem with their restuarants-guess there were low bookings-so they did that to boost it--and she said since then--bookings have been awesome-so she doubts VERY much they will offer it again....that being said, and the grain of salt i'll take with it........0---->i'm still looking out for it--but not getting hopes up too high.

That's odd about the Magical Beginnings, they have it listed for Sept/Oct at the official website. No concrete dates Just that it is going to run Sept/Oct instead of Aug/Sept like it was last year

i know...maybe she meant about the special bookings for it--there are some cool stuff-like at airport lugguge will just show up at your hotel-you get to skip luggage pick up in orlando..some free stuff i guess was available if you booked it on a speical day....i will call again and ask abouit it..no one even yold me about it when i booked our oct 2007 trip for pre-schoolers.

I'd still be optomistic about it. That sounded like only the CMs opinion. I keep hearing people saying that their CMs are saying"oh yeah, it's definate" and others saying "Proabbly not" Everyone's gonna have to just wait and see (with their fingers crossed);)

I think a lot has to do with how successful the Bounce Back program went.

If it did ok I don't think they will need to offer the free dining to the general public.

It would be a nice perk for us, but the only reason I'll actually be upset if it doesn't happen is that we were there in December when they were offering it for bounceback, but there was no advertising for it that I saw! :upsidedow

wonder why its offered to the UK this year already? Not "dissing" the UKers, just wondering why its only offered to the people from the UK and Ireland?

i know...maybe she meant about the special bookings for it--there are some cool stuff-like at airport lugguge will just show up at your hotel-you get to skip luggage pick up in orlando..some free stuff i guess was available if you booked it on a speical day....i will call again and ask abouit it..no one even yold me about it when i booked our oct 2007 trip for pre-schoolers.

The "cool stuff" relating to luggage has nothing to do with Magical Beginnings or Free Dining. It's called Magical Express. There is an entrie FAQ on the transportation board, but basically it's open to all Disney guests, no package required. You just have to be sleeping in a Disney owned hotel.

Can't remember where I saw this but I know one either here or intercot I saw something about disney debating 3 promotional offers for Aug/September with free dining being in the running. So I wouldn't say its out for sure yet. Well know something next month for disney visa holders and probably in June for the rest that don't have a disney visa card.
-Brandie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter