Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrugalFashionista said:
They have never required 6 nights before. Only used that as part if the advertisement. Maybe she was just reading the ad?

Hope you are right! Want to do a trip.to uni but figured we'd move to off site for a couple days. It would obviously lock folks in to longer stays.

They have never required 6 nights before. Only used that as part if the advertisement. Maybe she was just reading the ad?

She read it from the offer details that they (the Chase reps) had just received. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is getting stricter. If they give you free food they want you paying rack rates for 6 nights!

Just called trying to use the code and the CM said they didn't have it in their system yet and he couldn't apply it but to try back tomorrow.

Stay strong, everyone! We will do this!! :thumbsup2

She read it from the offer details that they (the Chase reps) had just received. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is getting stricter. If they give you free food they want you paying rack rates for 6 nights!

I would be surprised, because they're only giving you "free food" equal to the number of nights you are staying, and the tickets are weighted heavily to the first three days. It isn't like they're giving you ten meals each regardless of the number of nights you stay. I wouldn't be surprised to see a minimum three day ticket purchase, because those three days are the most expensive.

ETA: Though it sure wouldn't be the first time they have surprised me by doing something unexpected LOL.

I asked in another thread but I figured id ask here but as long as your stay falls on the date of the promotion it extends through your stay even if you check in. Example: checking in on the 23 and stay until the 31st? Sorry I always get confused with this stuff

I asked in another thread but I figured id ask here but as long as your stay falls on the date of the promotion it extends through your stay even if you check in. Example: checking in on the 23 and stay until the 31st? Sorry I always get confused with this stuff

replied on the other thread too, you need to check in on a date FD is offered so no you are not eligible.

Okay, here's the deal: I just called Chase Disney Visa. The rep read the following from her screen, which had come directly from Disney.

1) FD dates confirmed. They are Aug 31-Oct 3, Oct 26-Nov 1, Nov 9-20 and Dec 12-23.

2) FD will be released on May 7 to the general public.

3) She gave me a code and a special number to call at Disney (because I'm a Disney Visa cardholder) to book FD BEFORE May 7 but she couldn't tell me when I could call. They didn't give her a date before May 7.

4) To get FD, you must book a 6-night, 7 day package. She did not say anything about which resorts are excluded, if any.

I'll report back if it works but based on what others are saying tomorrow is the day. :)

YESSS!!!!! I cant wait. Since I booked with AAA, I sent my agent an email telling her to keep her eyes and ears opened for the 7th. They can keep the Memory Maker. I would take FDing over that. :cheer2:

Getting excited to book! I'm about at a point where I'm going to book this weekend regardless of whether a free dining deal becomes available or not. I'm ready to do my dining reservations. My husband thinks I'm booking for Sept 26- Oct 4. But I decided since it is his 30th birthday..lets have some fun! So I'm going to book starting Sept 23..and not tell him that we are leaving on his birthday!!! (P.s. I already cleared it with his boss!)

:cool1:

Smile4Me said:
Getting excited to book! I'm about at a point where I'm going to book this weekend regardless of whether a free dining deal becomes available or not. I'm ready to do my dining reservations. My husband thinks I'm booking for Sept 26- Oct 4. But I decided since it is his 30th birthday..lets have some fun! So I'm going to book starting Sept 23..and not tell him that we are leaving on his birthday!!! (P.s. I already cleared it with his boss!)

:cool1:

Fyi, you don't need a resort reservation to book dining :-)

Fyi, you don't need a resort reservation to book dining :-)

Thats true, i just feel bad about making them without an in hand package or room reservation! Anyone else feel this way? Or should i go ahead and book my dining while we wait for our email from chase?!

My concern is that since POR is not included that POP will fill up to the point it won't be available for GP. Anyone else worried about this?

I was cut off twice this morning!!! Now all busy signal!!:eek:

I would just like to hear that people are able to add the Free Dining Promo to reservations less than 6 nights!! Come one someone and give me some hope!!!
:banana:

The auto attendant verified my info and now I am on hold for next available agent. How long has everyone been holding? I have to leave for work in no later than 40 min.

BABYJOSIE98 said:
I was cut off twice this morning!!! Now all busy signal!!:eek:

I would just like to hear that people are able to add the Free Dining Promo to reservations less than 6 nights!! Come one someone and give me some hope!!!
:banana:

Yes they can be added to less than 6 nights. I had 5 nights and my TA added it to my ressie. Thank goodness that was not a true rumor!

I don't even get to hold,,,just busy signal!
Been holding 45 min. I have to leave for work in two minutes so when i hang up you can have my spot in line! I will try again when i get to work but i am sure by then it will be a three hour wait. Or more. :(

Got it !! Yeah 12/20-1/1 - Coronado Springs - no POR or FQ

I called from my cell phone on the way to work and got through to the hold music pretty quick. Wasn't much longer after that when an agent came on the line. Hmm. They definitely booked FD for you? The Disney rep I got said she doesn't have FD offer dates past Oct. 3? :confused3 And I was hoping for the Oct. 26 check in date. So for now, I booked Oct. 3-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter