Free Dining Announcement by April 12

WHen booking your trip with the Disney Visa is it possible for me to still get the free dining if i only put the $200 deposit on the card and then 45 days prior to arriving pay the balance another way? Or do I have to charge the entire vacation pkg. on the disney visa card??

I don't have a Disney Visa, so I really can't speak to what the rules are for taking advantage of this special promotion...but that's what it is: a promotion that they (along with Disney) are running. If you want to take advantage of it you have to follow their rules for it.

Even if you weren't using a Disney Visa, you still can't wait until check-in to pay for a package. A package (which includes room/tix/dining) has to be paid in full 45 days before arrival.

Just got off the phone with Disney Visa and he told me you have to book entire package and put it all on your card that minute. I am very upset by this as I was planning to book,pay the deposit on the card, have a few months to pay that off and then put the rest on there 45 days out as you mentioned and I was told I can not do that. Now I run the risk of not gettting it at all or getting to stay where we wanted too. I am sooooooo
sad and don't really understand why they do that :confused3

Yeah I know , thats what I meant. I was alittle upset when I was writing so forgive the mistake. As for the rules I know all too well I have to follow them but I had no idea thats what he was going to say and when you tell your children hey we are booking Monday how do you look at them and tell them sorry guys we can't?:scared1:
I know we now run the risk of not being able to get free dinning or staying at the resort we wanted so I am bummed out.
I was just sharing what happened and what I was told thats all.

Just got off the phone with Disney Visa and he told me you have to book entire package and put it all on your card that minute. I am very upset by this as I was planning to book,pay the deposit on the card, have a few months to pay that off and then put the rest on there 45 days out as you mentioned and I was told I can not do that. Now I run the risk of not gettting it at all or getting to stay where we wanted too. I am sooooooo

HI..I have been lurking here for days now.

Even though they make you charge the trip right then and there you have 6 months interest free to pay it off. Does that help?

That stinks. I have read this on another thread that someone else posted. They were bummed too. I applied for a Disney Visa that the ad said I could use right now, then it said approval in 30 days after I filled everything out. So, wait we will do. I hope we will still get the resort we want. Think positive!

Just got off the phone with Visa.
This is just a FYI for anyone ,like myself who did not know, you have to put the entire cost of your trip on the card when you book.
I did not know that. Looks like I won't be able to book anything for awhile.:scared:
O well best of luck to anyone who can.:wizard:

I don't have a Disney VISA, but that doesn't seem right to me. I wouldn't take that as the gospel truth if I were you. Sounds like he's selling or really doesn't know. Just wait until Monday.

I don't think that info is true. Last year I booked and you paid $200 deposit then 45 days prior to the trip finished paying it off. I would wait until monday and the cm can help you with that.

This is just a FYI for anyone ,like myself who did not know, you have to put the entire cost of your trip on the card when you book.
I did not know that. Looks like I won't be able to book anything for awhile.:scared:

I have asked this question in the past(on the boards) and the answer was always "no" that you just had to put the deposit.:confused3 I hope you dont have to put the entire cost on there! We are staying for 8 nights in a mod with 2 rooms! My limits arent THAT high:headache:

I don't think that info is true. Last year I booked and you paid $200 deposit then 45 days prior to the trip finished paying it off. I would wait until monday and the cm can help you with that.

Yeah, me too. And I KNOW I used multiple cards to pay it off with, since I had a couple of American Expresss gift cards we used to apply to the balance of our package.

Just wait the three days until the free dining is offered to the general public and book like you want to. The rooms aren't going to disappear overnight. ;)

I don't have a Disney VISA, but that doesn't seem right to me. I wouldn't take that as the gospel truth if I were you. Sounds like he's selling or really doesn't know. Just wait until Monday.
Good advice, though the free dining offer is so good, especially for value resorts and moderate resorts, that having to pay it in-full up-front would be well worth-it.

I would not pay a whole lot of attention to what the Chase Visa people are saying...my guess is that they know a whole lot less about Disney packages and how things usually work than most posters on this board! These are not the folks that will be booking your package. They probably have a memo in front of them that describes the promo, saying something like "cardholders who book a package on their Disney Visa can book three days before the general public". Then when asked, they then assume that means the ENTIRE package cost.....which it doesn't mean.
It has never been a requirement that the entire package go on the Visa. For one thing, many of the people booking with a Disney Visa are going to want to pay for some amount of it with the Rewards Dollars earned on their card.

I would not pay a whole lot of attention to what the Chase Visa people are saying...my guess is that they know a whole lot less about Disney packages and how things usually work than most posters on this board! These are not the folks that will be booking your package. They probably have a memo in front of them that describes the promo, saying something like "cardholders who book a package on their Disney Visa can book three days before the general public". Then when asked, they then assume that means the ENTIRE package cost.....which it doesn't mean.
It has never been a requirement that the entire package go on the Visa. For one thing, many of the people booking with a Disney Visa are going to want to pay for some amount of it with the Rewards Dollars earned on their card.

:cool1: Whew thanks I was sweatin for a minute there.

Well I am glad I made that call. I have only had the card since August of last year. We have 1year interst free on all purchases and cash advances.
I still have a balance which is due is July. My question for them was can I put the deposit for my vacation on my card? and if I do would I have to pay that before the one year is up or 6 months from Monday?
The plan was to pay for the deposit now and then put the balance on my card the day we checked in so the 6 months interest free wouldn't kick in until then. The visa guy just informed me that I need to put the entire cost of the trip on my card when I book!:confused:
Now not only do I not have enough money availible but it would have to be paid off before we even got there.
Now I run the risk of having to wait and not being able to get the free dinning. I am so sad right now I can't even begin to tell you how crappy I am feeling. I was all set to book my trip frist thing Monday morning and now I can't.:scared:
I don't understand why I couldn't just book my reservations, pay the deposit and then put the balance on my card before we leave?:confused3
What is the big deal?

While you have to pay the balance off 45 days ahead, I SERIOUSLY doubt that the entire package has to be put on your Disney Visa! This was never the case in the past...only had to "book" the package by putting the $200 Deposit on your Disney Visa and use the code.
I don't think the Chase (Visa) people really know much about this other than an ad or memo they received. They are inferring a bunch of stuff. Its DISNEY who you will be booking with.

I am very psyched!

Doing the cruse from Aug 26th to 30th. And doing the parks from 30th to Sept 3rd (staying until the 4th - 5 nights exactly).

I also have the Disney VISA card. So I will be on the phone on Monday morning.

Debating between Coronado and POFQ (leaning towards Coronado based on the pool).

I made my ressies a few weeks ago and was able to book everything I wanted (infact CRT breakfast was available all 5 days... wow!).

We normally do 2 Table Services a day.. So I am not sure if I will just go OOP for one meal a day or drop a few meals to take full advantage.

Wondering if we will be able to book online come monday.

Online booking saved me when it came to booking the 2008 Eastbound Reposition cruise. Without online... I would've been shut out.

When you put your Deposit down it will show up as the 0% for 6 months from that date.

Then when you pay the alance When it is due that will start 0% for 6 months from that date. The deposit will remain it's orginal start date.

Now if you don't pay off the package with the DVisa then the 0% on the deposit will default to your normal interest rate.

So yes where you have to pay for the entire thing you do not have to do it all at once.

I have done both WDW and DL this way and never had a problem.

I'm positive you do not have to pay the entire trip when you book. You will have to put a $200 deposit on your Disney Visa (which is eligible under the 0% financing.) The balance will be due 45 days prior to arrival and you can use whatever method of payment you want for that. It would also be eligible for the 0% financing which would expire 6 months from that date.

Don't worry! Just make your call on Monday - you will be fine :)

BTW, Chase applies payments to your lowest interest balances first so any payments you make will go to the 0% interest balance first not towards an other balance you may have on there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter