FREE dining added to 2008 & room discounts

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
From Mousesavers:

Disney Visa October-December FREE Dining Package
PLEASE NOTE: This offer will not be bookable until Thursday, September 18.

Disney Rewards® Visa® Cardholders can get FREE Dining AND a room discount when you book a full price Walt Disney World vacation package for check-ins most nights 9/28/08-10/11/08, 11/9/08-11/22/08, 12/14/08-12/20/08. FREE Dining has never been offered during this time period in the past, and never with a room discount, so this is a phenomenal offer!

Purchase a Magic Your Way package consisting of at least 3 consecutive hotel nights at an official Walt Disney World resort, plus at least 1-day Magic Your Way Base Ticket per person, and you will get the regular Dining Plan for FREE, for the length of your stay.

The FREE Dining portion of this deal saves a family of four (2 adults, two kids ages 3-9) $95.96 per day -- the cost of adding the regular Dining Plan to a basic vacation package. In addition, there is a discount on the room rate, which I estimate at about 20%.

If you have enjoyed this offer in the past, be aware of a few changes: Disney no longer includes an appetizer with table service meals on the regular Dining Plan. Also, gratuities are no longer included at table service meals, but they are included at the dinner shows (Hoop Dee Doo, Spirit of Aloha Luau and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ) as well as with Room Service and Grand Gathering Experiences.

Some important advice if you book a "FREE Dining" package: be sure to set up Advance Dining Reservations as soon as possible. In past years all of the table service restaurants have been completely full during the "FREE Dining" promotion period. It was almost impossible to get a table for a full-service meal on a walk-up basis. To ensure that you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of the Dining Plan, you really need to pre-reserve every single table service meal during your stay.

The number of packages available is limited. Suites are excluded from this offer. No group rates or other discounts apply.

I'm probably the only one dissapointed by this..but I had hoped it would be less crowded without the free dining rush when I visited. I purposely scheduled for after the free dining. Sheesh....:sad2:

this really stinks>!!!! I'm already paid off for my trip with the DDP so if I cancel now I'd be loose money I think!!!!...not even sure I can with insurance on the trip!!! Rhonda can you answer this one for me???

I'm probably the only one dissapointed by this..but I had hoped it would be less crowded without the free dining rush when I visited. I purposely scheduled for after the free dining. Sheesh....:sad2:

No, Phyllis, you're not the only one! I'll be there Nov 15-20 and was looking forward to low crowds also. What's worse is I've already paid for the dining plan. :sad:

I just called Disney Reservations and they said they hadn't been informed BUT they would indeed give a credit back IF there were reservations available for the time you want open and you had already paid for the DDP...so I'm calling in the AM!!!

I think this is an indication that Disney is really hurting and they will do anything to reverse the trend. We're there in November and only plan on eating 1 TS meal - the food at WDW has gone downhill over the last few years and the cost has gone up hill! :rotfl2:

You can call Disney and have them apply the new discount to your existing reservation. You'll get a credit back on your card! :)

No, Phyllis, you're not the only one! I'll be there Nov 15-20 and was looking forward to low crowds also. What's worse is I've already paid for the dining plan. :sad:

Are you staying in the campground or in a resort?..If you are staying in one of the resorts maybe you could change the reservation. May as well eat for free. If you're staying in FW..I guess you're in the same boat as I am. Now visiting during a more crowded period...except your stuck paying for the privilge, and the dining plan isn't included with a campsite.
We luckily didn't include the dining plan. I do have a few dining reservations. I'm glad we'll have a car...I have a feeling we may not be spending as much time as we might have in Disney dining establishments.
I have to agree with Al also..that the quality has been going down, and the prices going up. One of the reasons we opted out of dining plan was that it didn't included the gratuity or appetizers..the two things we enjoyed most about the plan. Being that I have an AP pass this year (mother's day gift from my husband and the kiddies!) I'll be using the Dining Experience card for the 20% discount when we dine on site.

You can call Disney and have them apply the new discount to your existing reservation. You'll get a credit back on your card! :)

The Queen waves her wand again.

:woohoo: for Kelly

Am I reading this right? You have to be a Disney Rewards Visa Card holder to get the room discount AND the free dining? Or can you get the free dining without the Disney Visa, but not get the room discount?

Edit...never mind....I see its DISNEY VISA or nothing. I have a dozen Credit Cards....why cant I get approved for a freaking Disney Visa????Dagnabbit!!!

Edit...never mind....I see its DISNEY VISA or nothing. I have a dozen Credit Cards....why cant I get approved for a freaking Disney Visa????Dagnabbit!!!

Rog, many many moons ago,,I had the greatest credit in the world,,:thumbsup2 I could go any where and buy anything, on credit. I had a absolute TON of credit cards,,we NEVER used them. Then once upon a time, Universal came out with their own credit card and I applied for one,,they turned me down, much to my shock.:scared1: When I questioned this, they told me that even tho my report showed great credit and no activity of credit card use, I still had the potential of spending WELL beyond my dreams because I had like a million cards.So we set out on a quest to cancel cards that weren't used,,gas cards, deparment store cards, etc.
After canceling a crap load of cards,,,I re applied for that card I wanted and they gave it to me.

Moral of this story,,,heck,,there ain't no moral to this story,,but I got a Universal card !:goodvibes

This could very well be my problem...and actually, I have been closing the cards as I pay the balances off. Maybe ONE DAY, Ill have that coveted card!!

Historically, Disney offers a few days later what the Visa card holders get first to the general public. Not positive since this is a new offer, but keep checking here.
http://www.mousesavers.com/

Thanks, Rhonda! I called this morning and got the free dining! :woohoo:

I wish we could use that for our trip but I understand they won't let the campsites have it. :sad2: You think they could at least do it for a normal size party that could stay in a room. It is just me and my husband. That would be cool!

I was on hold for an hour this morn. from 5:58 AM CST til 7 CST only to find out the ONLY place left available was Saratoga Springs Villas 3bdr.....sooooooooo no deal for changing my ressie to get the free dining!!!! I hate now its going to be soooooooooo crowded but atleast I already have my ressies and my meals are already paid for!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter