Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

My saga seems never ending. I booked in March to stay at POR. When free dining came out in May I decided to switch. Since I couldn't get through on the phone lines I booked online for CBR. About two weeks later I called to cancel my POR reservation. I asked if they could transfer the deposit and they said no problem. They made notes on both reservations. I also made changes to my CBR reservation by adding a day. Today, I go online to make a payment and there is NO RESERVATION! I had a mild panic attack and called Disney. I got right through to a CM who said I cancelled the reservation. I told her I didn't and asked her to check the notes. She did, put me on hold then came back and told me it was their fault. She was able to get me a new reservation with the free dining in the same type room for the same price. I logged on tonight and now I have two reservations. They show the same reservation number but one shows a party of four (correct) and one shows 6. I'm beyond frustrated and waiting until tomorrow before I call again. UGH!

We booked the free dining package at CBR for 10/26-11/01. We are actually arriving on 10/25, so I realize I will need to do a room-only reservation for that night and then check in again on the 26th for our free dining package. Will we actually have to change rooms, or will they let us stay in the same one?

We booked the free dining package at CBR for 10/26-11/01. We are actually arriving on 10/25, so I realize I will need to do a room-only reservation for that night and then check in again on the 26th for our free dining package. Will we actually have to change rooms, or will they let us stay in the same one?

They can't guarantee that you won't have to change rooms, but they will do everything possible to accommodate you and not having to change. Be certain to have them note you have a continuing reservation and that your preference is to not change rooms.

In 2010 while staying at POR-AB, we had to do the exact same thing, the day we arrived we had to book a RO reservation and then an 8 night free dining package starting the next day. I made sure it was noted on both my reservations and while I still had to go down the next morning to officially "check-out/in" we were able to retain the same room.

They can't guarantee that you won't have to change rooms, but they will do everything possible to accommodate you and not having to change. Be certain to have them note you have a continuing reservation and that your preference is to not change rooms.

In 2010 while staying at POR-AB, we had to do the exact same thing, the day we arrived we had to book a RO reservation and then an 8 night free dining package starting the next day. I made sure it was noted on both my reservations and while I still had to go down the next morning to officially "check-out/in" we were able to retain the same room.

Sounds hopeful - thanks! :thumbsup2

Thanks to all for the tips and advice. Was able to get all my ADR's (except T-Rex) for our trip. Apparently T-Rex is booked solid. Will have to keep checking back and hope for the best.

FYI: At least for me the Disney App was terrible for making reservations. Slow, buggy and didn't work. Using my PC worked flawlessly.

Thanks to all for the tips and advice. Was able to get all my ADR's (except T-Rex) for our trip. Apparently T-Rex is booked solid. Will have to keep checking back and hope for the best. FYI: At least for me the Disney App was terrible for making reservations. Slow, buggy and didn't work. Using my PC worked flawlessly.

My experience in May was that Disney Website and sysr

Thanks to all for the tips and advice. Was able to get all my ADR's (except T-Rex) for our trip. Apparently T-Rex is booked solid. Will have to keep checking back and hope for the best. FYI: At least for me the Disney App was terrible for making reservations. Slow, buggy and didn't work. Using my PC worked flawlessly.

My experience in May I found that Trex was booked solid on the website and in Disney's dining system but I called the rest directly and could pick my day and time! They had lots of openings even a week before my trip. I had been checking the website for months and there was nothing! Wish I had known earlier! Hth

My experience in May I found that Trex was booked solid on the website and in Disney's dining system but I called the rest directly and could pick my day and time! They had lots of openings even a week before my trip. I had been checking the website for months and there was nothing! Wish I had known earlier! Hth

Good to know. I called Disney and they said nothing available. I will see if calling the restaurant helps.

I'm on hold now! I'm hoping to add a day to my trip since people said some spaces opened up!

Call t-Rex directly! You'll get a ressie! (407) 828-8739

Call t-Rex directly! You'll get a ressie! (407) 828-8739

Thanks everyone!!! Would have never thought to call them directly. Got exactly what I wanted ball ADR's are complete. Now to wait and hope the FP+ go as smoothly and that I can get a room only discount.

I tell you what Free Dining "sold out" fast! I am staying at the POP 11/11-11/15 called the day they came out (on hold forever!) and Southwest released the fares last week $112 going but the return times were early 11:00! SO I waited to see if they would go down! NOPE! The return flight is now $253 leaves at 5:00. I really want to leave late sat night and sunday's flights are better.. So I procrastinated and called to see if I could add an extra day to my ressie under free dining.. NOPE!!! Well I could just do a room only so I may end up doing that and maybe switch resorts for one night before we home. Maybe they will release some room only discounts by then...

Okay so I am paying for my brother, his wife and my parents to go to WDW this November. We are going when there is free dining. I booked them at WLV where the max occupancy is 5. My kids and I will have an annual pass and TIW so we don't need the FD deal. We will just get a room only discount. HOWEVER, if I could I'd like to add my 11 year old daughter to their room with a 2-day pass so she can get FD (it's cheaper to do that than pay for her to eat 7 days at adult prices). But if I do that, I can't book the FP for the rest of the group because they all have to have the same nubmer of days right?? Can I add her right before we go with the 2 day pass so the others have their 7 day pass with FP or do I need to just book everyone at 2 days and roll the dice with our FP? I hope that makes sense.

P.S. I don't think we will renew the FP so it wouldn't be worth it for me to buy us all 2day passes for the FD promo.

TIA!!!

I cannot believe how fast free dining sold out. I have been going to wdw every year for the last decade when free dining was offered and never has it sold out this quick. I called up today to try and get a week in November and I was told that there was no dates available at all. Bummer....

I cannot believe how fast free dining sold out. I have been going to wdw every year for the last decade when free dining was offered and never has it sold out this quick. I called up today to try and get a week in November and I was told that there was no dates available at all. Bummer....

I really think they offered alot less rooms for FD this year. If you go to just about every resort and price out FD, almost every resort is sold out for the majority of every month but you can request rates on just a package without FD for the same dates and the resorts all have availability :confused3 Just another way for them to cut down on FD slowly :worried:

I really think they offered alot less rooms for FD this year. If you go to just about every resort and price out FD, almost every resort is sold out for the majority of every month but you can request rates on just a package without FD for the same dates and the resorts all have availability :confused3 Just another way for them to cut down on FD slowly :worried:

I agree it seems like almost everything available is very expensive, so for sure it appears less rooms for FD or it sold out quickly and it's gonna be packed at the parks yikes!
Always a good time : )

I agree it seems like almost everything available is very expensive, so for sure it appears less rooms for FD or it sold out quickly and it's gonna be packed at the parks yikes!
Always a good time : )

I definitely don't make all my plans around the crowd predictor websites like easywdw, touringplans and undercovertourist but they all show the crowds still being low (2's & 3's for my dates in September). Normally as the crowd levels change I get a notification from TP based on the resorts booking, etc. I did get one notification for the crowd levels for my dates a couple weeks after FD was out that raised some of crowd levels a little bit on some of my days but nothing since :thumbsup2 I would think if the crowd levels were going to be effected not only would the FD rooms be sold out but other room categories (at least in some resorts) would also be sold out.
Not sure if it is just another way for Disney to slowly phase out FD by not offering as many FD rooms or if the crowd predictor websites are just off :scratchin I guess our trips will tell :rotfl:

I feel very lucky that I braved the phones the first day of the Visa offer so we could return to WDW. It is getting too expensive for us so we probably won't return again for several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter