Free Dining '10 Update: Disney Visa FD Released (See pages 1 & 57+ for details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone remind me what Disney's policy is about checking in on the last day of FD and still having the FD your entire stay?
Disney's policy, in regard to the FD promo, is that if you check in by the last day of the promotion you will receive the free dining discount for your entire stay, up to 14 nights.

Subscribing...looking to book a trip in late Aug and would LOVE to get FD for that time period.

I really hope free dining is not offered during our Sept-Oct trip. It makes it impossible to get last minute reservations anywhere. I do call ahead at the 180 mark but it's nice to be able to add one or so when we get there. So here's hoping for no free dining from Sept 25-Oct 3! Sorry for anyone wanting it. ;)

I really hope free dining is not offered during our Sept-Oct trip. It makes it impossible to get last minute reservations anywhere. I do call ahead at the 180 mark but it's nice to be able to add one or so when we get there. So here's hoping for no free dining from Sept 25-Oct 3! Sorry for anyone wanting it. ;)
It's nearly impossible to get walk-up or last minute reservations when free dining isn't going on - the Dining Plan is just very popular. And, I would most definitely count on the free dining promo to be going on while you are there. The dates will most likely be August 15 - October 2 and as long as you book by October 2, you can have the free dining discount for up to 14 days. So, that would have free diners in the parks until October 14, 2010.

It's nearly impossible to get walk-up or last minute reservations when free dining isn't going on - the Dining Plan is just very popular. And, I would most definitely count on the free dining promo to be going on while you are there. The dates will most likely be August 15 - October 2 and as long as you book by October 2, you can have the free dining discount for up to 14 days. So, that would have free diners in the parks until October 14, 2010.

We do have much better luck getting last minute reservations when free dining isnt going on. Like I said, we do book meals for every day 180 in advance for dinner. Sometimes during the trip we might want a nice breakfast and will call for that. With free dining it's impossible. Without it, probable. Our trips always seem to fall during those free dining dates so I tend to hope for the best that it isn't offered one of these times. LOL!

First thank you so very much for the info! :thumbsup2

Please note the following dates for discounts that were released in 2009:

March 30, 2009 – Free Dining released for travel from August 16 – October 3, 2009

:guilty:
This would mean that it will be **AFTER** the 180 day marker to make advance dinner reservations (ADR). For example, a reservation for 16 AUG 10 the 180 day marker was 17 FEB 10.

I am planning on a 7 day stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) from MON, 06 SEP 10 thru MON, 13 SEP 10 and the 180 day marker is 10 MAR 10, which is before the 30 MAR date you are quoting from last year. So it looks like I will have to book soon (was planning on doing it on 01 MAR 10), get my ADR and just hope that they do the free dinning and I can get the offer "added/applied" to my reservations. Not the way I really wanted to do it but I don't want to risk not getting my ADRs in on the 180 day marker.

To keep up to date on the free dining progress of 2010, follow us on twitter or facebook, or subscribe to our email updates here on MouseMisers.[/I]

:confused:
How can I sign up via eMail to get the updates from MouseMisers?
Thanks

First thank you so very much for the info! :thumbsup2

:guilty:
This would mean that it will be **AFTER** the 180 day marker to make advance dinner reservations (ADR). For example, a reservation for 16 AUG 10 the 180 day marker was 17 FEB 10.

I am planning on a 7 day stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort (CBR) from MON, 06 SEP 10 thru MON, 13 SEP 10 and the 180 day marker is 10 MAR 10, which is before the 30 MAR date you are quoting from last year. So it looks like I will have to book soon (was planning on doing it on 01 MAR 10), get my ADR and just hope that they do the free dinning and I can get the offer "added/applied" to my reservations. Not the way I really wanted to do it but I don't want to risk not getting my ADRs in on the 180 day marker.

:confused:
How can I sign up via eMail to get the updates from MouseMisers?
Thanks

You're welcome and I hope that I have more FD info. to share with all of you soon:)

I understand your concern over ADRs and they're warranted. Looks like you may be making some ADRs very soon;)

The e-mail sign-up is here on this page:

http://www.mousemisers.com/

Good luck!

Thanks for the link for the sign-up! Just completed it. I budgeted the vacation WITHOUT the free Disney dinning but it would be nice to save some $$ if they do offer the plan. In any case this weekend I plan to book the vacation plan and put down a deposit as well to lock in my package. Guess I know who will not be going to work or going in late on 10 MAR 10. :rotfl:

Thanks for the link for the sign-up! Just completed it. I budgeted the vacation WITHOUT the free Disney dinning but it would be nice to save some $$ if they do offer the plan. In any case this weekend I plan to book the vacation plan and put down a deposit as well to lock in my package. Guess I know who will not be going to work or going in late on 10 MAR 10. :rotfl:
I won't tell:rolleyes1

Keep in mind that if you don't get the FD, you could possibly use a pin code or general public room-only savings. If you're going with someone who is retired or active-duty military, you are eligible for -40% off the rack room rate until 9-30-10.

Check here (Codes and Rates sub-forum) and at www.mousesavers.com periodically for room discount promos.

Have a great vacation!

Already was... That was the Bounce Back offer last fall. Free Dining between Aug 14 and Oct 2.

It's also slow season, right before Epcot's Food and Wine Festival, and more than likely there'll be an FD public offer...

Say if the Free Dining is offered Aug. 15 as being rumored to....what if you arrive on August 12 and stay through Aug. 22. Can the free dining be applied to the whole length of the stay or will i have to pay for it the first 3 days?

TIA

Say if the Free Dining is offered Aug. 15 as being rumored to....what if you arrive on August 12 and stay through Aug. 22. Can the free dining be applied to the whole length of the stay or will i have to pay for it the first 3 days?

TIA
Sorry, any WDW promo takes effect on the day it starts. Hypothetically speaking, If FD starts on 8-15 and you arrive prior, you will be charged for the DP up until 8-15. 8-15 through your check-out day, it would be free for you.

Sorry, any WDW promo takes effect on the day it starts. Hypothetically speaking, If FD starts on 8-15 and you arrive prior, you will be charged for the DP up until 8-15. 8-15 through your check-out day, it would be free for you.
No, that's incorrect. They will NOT receive the discount on that latter part of their vacation just because some of the dates fall in the free dining timeframe. To take advantage of the free dining discount the previous poster would have to do two separate reservations and each reservation/package would have to have at least one day base tickets.

TIA
Please see the above post. You would not be eligible for the free dining discount unless you do separate reservations or change your check-in date.

Thanks everyone for the responses! I will go ahead and probably just do the two reservations to be on the safe side. We were planning to go to Universal the first couple of days anyways so the dining plan isn't really necessary.

A few years ago we did a room only reservation for a couple of nights before free dining started.

We have gone for Free dining since 2007(August 200-Aug2008-August 2009) and hope they have it offered this year.

still waiting, but let me know if anyone else hears about it before me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter