Frameless glass shower question

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
If you have one did you buy the glass protector sealer from the manufacuter/installer? It's very expensive, so I don't want to buy unless necessary, but I've been reading that it makes maintenance so much easier.

We just use RainX every month or so. I didn't know about the glass protector until months after install, so we didn't get that. (I went through a gc, and it just never came up. Odd because we got the Sapphire upgrade, so seems they'd ask about other add ons.) anyway I only wash it before putting on the rainx. I do squeegee after showering - glass install guy said it's the soaps etc that sit on the glass and, long term, can damage it. Anyway, squeegee almost every shower and then wash before doing rainx and mine still looks new. HTH.

We also didn't have this option when we installed ours through our contractor. We use CLR frequently and it works pretty well. I like the RainX idea and think that we're going to try that idea. Also, ours is supposed to be spotless, but unfortuantely, it is not.

We have some sort of protect and on our doors but still use a squeegee after every shower and the cleaning lady polishes the glass once a week. They look new. Key is to make sure you remove the water after every shower. We also have a water softener on the home so that may also help.

We just use RainX every month or so. I didn't know about the glass protector until months after install, so we didn't get that. (I went through a gc, and it just never came up. Odd because we got the Sapphire upgrade, so seems they'd ask about other add ons.) anyway I only wash it before putting on the rainx. I do squeegee after showering - glass install guy said it's the soaps etc that sit on the glass and, long term, can damage it. Anyway, squeegee almost every shower and then wash before doing rainx and mine still looks new. HTH.

RainX once a month here, and squeegee after showering here too. It is on the instruction sheet the show door company gave us. Put them in 4 years ago, still look new today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter