Found the BEST deal for staying on site!

Same here please. Thanks so much.

Shirley

"The Twins"
dalmsbar.gif

I would like to have some info on renting DVC points. Thanks, Tom

tevansga@hotmail.com

I live in the real world, so I choose to vacation in Fantasy Land!!
WDW-88,96,97,6/99,12/99,4/01,12/01,4/02,12/02...

I would like to have some info on renting DVC points.

tevansga@hotmail.com

I didn't thinck it went through, but it was just on the second page! LOL

Me too please ! This sounds like it might be VERY interesting ! Thank you /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Laura jiggerj@javanet.com

pj02.gif

Please send me info, too! My email is nancy.houseknecht@pmail.net. THANKS!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'd be happy to share my renting experience with you, please just let me know your email. Thanks!

'75 offsite,76 offsite,
'88 Disneyland
'93 CBR, 94 Poly,95 ASM
'96 GF,'97 PO, '98 DxL
Summer '99 BC & WL
Winter '99 Contempo
Summer '00 BW/Poly
Winter '00 OKW
Summer '01 Disney Cruise & BWV

Susan, got your info, no problem either. Many thanks for giving us another way to afford WDW! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

We aren't going to Disney until summer of 2002 but am already looking into ways to make the trip more affordable. My whole family is going(about 25 people) so housing costs are a BIG concern. Thanks so much for your willingness to share your success! Shari e-mail addy:asbengry@netonecom.net

Oh, It's a jolly holiday at Disney
No wonder that it's Disney that we love!

I've had so many requests for info, that my head is still spinning! Not that I'm complaining, I love helping my DIS friends! Just wanted to say, that if I've inadvertantly missed anyone, please let me know! I think I'm all caught up on responses now, but if I've missed you, please email me!
Hope this info helps others as much as it helped me! Good luck!

'75 offsite,76 offsite,
'88 Disneyland
'93 CBR, 94 Poly,95 ASM
'96 GF,'97 PO, '98 DxL
Summer '99 BC & WL
Winter '99 Contempo
Summer '00 BW/Poly
Winter '00 OKW

SusanB, please send the info to my email address at rarob12432@yahoo.com

Thank you and warm regards....

Forgive me for throwing a wet blanket on the festivities here but while this is certainly a way to make sure you have a nice place to stay (ie. more than just a hotel room and 1 bathroom) while at Disney, I fail to see that this is a great deal. I looked into doing this for the last week in February next year (granted this is peak season and we need a 2 bedroom unit) but at that time, a 2 BR unit in Old Key West goes for aproximately 300 points. The going rate on the DVC rent/trade board appears to be $10 per point thus I would be paying $3000.00 for a 1 week stay in 2 BR unit at Old Key West in February, which is about $428.50 per night. Not exactly a bargain in my mind, especially when you can find some nice properties with 2 BR units off-site for $100.00 per night. I was even able to rent a 3 BR house with a heated pool a couple of years ago about 10 minutes from Disney for $750 for the week. Now I understand that many people miss the "Disney Magic" by staying off-site but is it really worth an extra $300 per night to stay on-site?
Now, if you compare the price of having 2 BR and 2 baths plus a full kitchen and living room on Disney property to the price of just a room at one of the deluxe resorts (Poly, GF, Contemp, Yacht and Beach) which will go for $300-$400 per night at that time, then this option does make more sense. It may also make more sense if you are looking to rent a studio in January (especially if you stay midweek and avoid the weekend which costs more points) but other than that, this just doesn't seem to be a great value to me unless you know of a way to pay less than $10 per point.
Just my 2 cents.
Ted

Ted makes a valid point; staying off site is certainly much cheaper. But, as my title indicates, I was referring to onsite stays. This won't be for everyone, but I was pleased with the deal I got and just wanted to share my thoughts on the process. For those trying to decide whether or not to do this, it's worth taking opposing thoughts into consideration too.

'75 offsite,76 offsite,
'88 Disneyland
'93 CBR, 94 Poly,95 ASM
'96 GF,'97 PO, '98 DxL
Summer '99 BC & WL
Winter '99 Contempo
Summer '00 BW/Poly
Winter '00 OKW

Please tell me about renting DVC points!! I am not a DVC member, but I would like to know how it works. Thank you! My e-mail address is:

Fantasia_1@prodigy.net

group01.gif

mickey15.gif

Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!
CBR/9-10-00
DoubleTree/9-11-00
ASMovies/9-12-16-00
CSR & Movies next year!!

We would also like to have info on renting DVC points. Thanks so much!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message was edited by The Pluto People on 10-05-00 at 08:50 AM.]

Susan, could you please send me the info on renting DVC points? I would really appreciate it!!!
My email is ajn@execpc.com

Thanks, Cheryl. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter