For which rooms is 11 months vital?

LucieR

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering:

Which rooms/ resorts are impossible to get without using 11 month window?

I know

AKL- Value and Club Level
CC- Studios
GC- Everything

Any others?

(We’re looking at a second resale contract and are swaying between SA points at SSR, or “locking in” something harder to get)

I wouldn't say impossible but not very easy!
BWV Standard Studios and 2 BR
BWV Boardwalk View Studio and 2 BR

From what I've seen, VGF studios, mostly the standard view are hard to get within 11 months BCV studios are also hard to get within 11 months during the Food and Wine festival
Someplace I've seen a great chart listing chances of availability at every DVC resort Hopefully someone will find it and add it

I was just wondering:

I know

CC- Studios
GC- Everything

Any others?

(We’re looking at a second resale contract and are swaying between SA points at SSR, or “locking in” something harder to get)

Do you mean booking immediately at 11 months or just having it as a home resort? For example, VGC is not an immediate 11 month like AKV value and Concierge. Things kind of correlate but not completely. For VGC I'd say that villas are often available up to 7 months but then you don't want to be late when that 7 month window opens. AKV value and concierge it's more don't miss the 11 month window opening or you'll have problems. However I'd never recommend buying AKV with the plan to always book Value or Concierge as that could be a stressful part of ownership and not guaranteed. Buying VGC to guarantee a room there? Yep. Buying VGF with the plan to book a studio (or even any villa) in early December? Probably frustration. But buying to book a studio there in March at 11 months? Pretty good.

Generalizing the small room categories and the cheaper room categories at small resorts require home resort although cancellations happen so sometimes you can still get them without owning there. That's the bonus, not the rule.

Last edited:
Will probably have a studio theme going. But certain times of year, BCV studios will be difficult especially if wanting a week or more.

SV studios at RIV are pretty difficult at 11 months as well. Spring was easier to get than fall, but they still go fast.

For hard to get rooms, it is not an issue that you need to have the 11-month window to get them. Instead, it is that you cannot even get them with the 11-month window some or most of the time because they disappear right at 8 a.m. 11-months out or even before. During the last four years (and for many of these before then), those rooms have been:

AKV: value and club level studios (and thus also 2BRs because all are lock-offs) have the issue almost all year long.The 1BRs even have the issue about 35% of time, particularly in the high demand fall season.

Aulani: standard GVs have the issue all year long, hotel rooms about 30% of the time and standard studios (and 2BR lock-offs) only rarely.

OKW: GVs in the near Hospitality House booking category almost year round.

CCV: (actual patterns still developing) studios (and thus 2BR lock-offs), both regular and shower, now a problem 70% of the year. During the fall season on occasion even 1BRs and dedicated 2BRs have also disappeared.

BLT: standard studios (and lock-off 2BRs) and dedicated 2BRs, most of the fall season and about 40% of the rest of the year. Note those dedicated 2BRs are now actually disappearing at a pace the same as the studios. Standard 1BRs have also disappeared at times in the fall such as during the first two weeks of Dec. Theme Park studios (and lock-off 2BRs) sometimes disappear right at 8 a.m. during first two weeks of Dec.

BWV: standard studios (and 2BRs) about 75% of the year. Boardwalk view studios (and 2BRs) during much of the fall season but only rarely the rest of the year. Pool/garden studios (and 2BRs) may disappear at times during the first two weeks of Dec).

VGF: studios, both standard and lake view, about 50% of time during the fall season. 1BRs on occasion during first two weeks of Dec.

Riviera: (another that is still developing patterns) tower studios and standard studios (and 2BR lock-offs) during much of the fall season and 40% of the rest of the year; preferred studios (and 2BR lock-offs) only occasionally and more confined to some times in the fall like first two weeks of Dec.

BRV and BCV: studios (and 2BR lock-offs). rarely but once in a great while during the first two weeks of Dec.

HH, VB and VGC: on rare occasions the 3BRs have disappeared at 8 a.m. at 11-months out or even before.

Poly and SSR: no 11-month issue.

Last edited:
I was just wondering:

I know

CC- Studios
GC- Everything

Any others?

You realize of course all we can do here is estimate what is LIKELY based on past history. The fact is while there may be 'usual patterns', every future year is different and there is no sure '7 month availability' that one can guarantee with certainty. This may be especially true now that banking & borrowing were restricted due to COVID and harder to predict patterns of availability may emerge. There will also be changes year to year as point charts change, old owners sell and new ones buy, and sales and WDW promotions change.
You should probably check out Pete's predictive DVC chart which is on the site as a reference, but as I said bear in mind that these are only estimates & there can always be surprises on availability. If there is a particular room type you really want, and you have the opportunity to book at 11 months it is always the safest way to get it.

Booked AKV jambo standard studio for early May less than 5 months out

As expected, no availability, even for single nights, in a value

nice surprise today to see our WL came thru

We tried to book RIV Studio w/ standard view for the second week of December on our 11 month booking window and they were already gone.

We tried to book RIV Studio w/ standard view for the second week of December on our 11 month booking window and they were already gone.
You should continue trying at 8 am because “walking”... and Riviera might declare more rooms into the system.
Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter