• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those who have used the DDP at Seasons in the Land?

lissawynn

I drink Coke with everything.<br><font color="deep
I'm going in July and will be using the DDP. For those of you who have used the DDP at Seasons, did you have any problems using it for any of the items on the menu? The prices range from less than $4 to $10+, so I was wondering if there were any exclusions.
I'd like to hear about your experiences here and what's good.

We ate there in December and were on the DP. I don't remember exactly what everyone ate because there were 8 of us, but we were all pleased. We each got what we wanted from the various stations. I think there were two or three salads, one sandwich, and a couple combo/plated lunches. We were then instructed by the CMs to select a dessert from the bakery station. We all chose something different and everyone was pleased except with the selection of the orange flavored creme brulee.

I don't remember any limitations on ordering except with the children's lunches. Obviously, we ordered theirs from the children's menu, but their dessert was limited to a cookie choice if I am remembering correctly.

Overall, we were very pleased at the quality and freshness for a CS place and intend to each lunch there again this year.

We've eaten here three times on the DDP and enjoyed each visit.
I don't believe there are any limitations and they have the best desserts of any CS establishment we've tried. They had huge bowl of ice cream, strawberry shortcake, key lime pie, and many other yummy-looking desserts.

We make a point to get back here each trip.

My sister is a no-carb dieter and they let her substitute a cheese plate for dessert. They were thrilled!

My experience is dated, but I was there last Thanksgiving. It was easily the best (both in quality and quantity) CS credit we used. You could easily share dishes there.

I ordered from the Asian counter and the quantity was enough to feed two of me, and I'm a big guy.

The staff lets you know what to order. You usually get a combo meal, or a combination of items from two or more counters (kind of like breakfast at your resort).

I ate there in December. For my Cs I had the Black Forest Ham sandwich with the soup (possibley a white chicken soup or a chowder, I cannot remember what it was) and the worms and dirt for dessert. It was a ton of food so DD and split the sandwich and she had the dessert. We shared a poweraid. Dh had the same sandwich with pasta salad and a dessert. It is a great value and very good food.

WE are going back this winter, it was one of our best cs places.

GretchGraham said:
We ate there in December and were on the DP. I don't remember exactly what everyone ate because there were 8 of us, but we were all pleased. We each got what we wanted from the various stations. I think there were two or three salads, one sandwich, and a couple combo/plated lunches. We were then instructed by the CMs to select a dessert from the bakery station. We all chose something different and everyone was pleased except with the selection of the orange flavored creme brulee.

I don't remember any limitations on ordering except with the children's lunches. Obviously, we ordered theirs from the children's menu, but their dessert was limited to a cookie choice if I am remembering correctly.

Overall, we were very pleased at the quality and freshness for a CS place and intend to each lunch there again this year.

This was our experience as well, the kids meal had a cookie choice for dessert and it was a HUGE chocolate chip cookie - it took DD, DS AND DH to finish it. The kids sub sandwich that DD and DS shared looked really good too and everything was super fresh. DH and I both had the flatbreads and they were really good too. The key lime pie was to die for! This was the best CS of our trip!

My mom and I split the salmon with mashed potatoes (and it was really good) and had an orange creme brulee for dessert - which was definitely one of the best desserts of the trip.

In addition, they have the self serve soda so make sure you take the large cup if you want it.

I know that your room key doesn't distinguish how many credits you have for adults, and how many you have for children, just the total number, sooo couldn't you just get 2 meals of whatever you wanted, not necessarily just kids meals?

We love this place and it is a great DP value. Nothing was excluded. Now we mainly return for the desserts -like someone said, they have the best selection! You get a lot of food; we'd probably go there even if not on the DP.

GC&S said:
We love this place and it is a great DP value. Nothing was excluded. Now we mainly return for the desserts -like someone said, they have the best selection! You get a lot of food; we'd probably go there even if not on the DP.

They do have really good food there and the kids meals are the best out of any other place IMO. My son really likes the chicken drumstick with mashed redskin potatoes and a veggie. In case you aren't aware, they also do the Nestle cookie experience there. You have to line up early, but it's really cute!

This place was AWESOME. So much so that I would rather eat here than eat in the World Showcase. I agree that is the best CS usage on property. All of the food is very fresh and gourmet in preparation. We loved the flatbread in particular. I got a flatbread, a big bowl of soup as my "side" (delicious) and strawberry shortcake for dessert, plus a bottle of water as my drink. We got about $17 per person "value" from just our CS here.

When we go back there, I think we could easily share a meal, as what we got per person was just way too much and we didn't have much room for dinner, which we had planned as a TS.

We also got a breakfast there one day - we were able to get a croissant, piece of fruit and a juice using on CS. Not as good as lunch in terms of value, but perfectly adequate as a breakfast.

Anyway, BIG BIG thumbs up for the Sunshine Seasons.

We ate there last month and nothing was excluded from the DP. They had some wonderful desserts.....and the food was good too!

JLS said:
This place was AWESOME. So much so that I would rather eat here than eat in the World Showcase. I agree that is the best CS usage on property. All of the food is very fresh and gourmet in preparation. We loved the flatbread in particular. I got a flatbread, a big bowl of soup as my "side" (delicious) and strawberry shortcake for dessert, plus a bottle of water as my drink. We got about $17 per person "value" from just our CS here.

I thought that if the entree didn't come with a side (like fries) that all you got was the entree. I know the bakery in Norway gives a bowl of soup with their sandwiches if you're on the dining plan, but was not aware anyone else did.

When I was there last summer, I had a salad and a bowl of soup. (It was 2pm and I hadn't eaten yet :blush: ) I paid for the soup OOP though. You could have it as your entree, but there was no side included. I think the soup was only around 4 dollars. It was a large bowl and it came with some pita like bread.

The salad was better than the Chinese food. But the Chinese food is a large plate. Probably a good choice when you're starving. The deserts there are fantastic. You can have any of those beautiful pastries you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter