For those of you who use reusable shopping bags

dyna

DIS Veteran
Do you prefer handles like a Walmart plastic bag or most plastic bags OR tote bags style where handles are separate handles sewed onto the bag?

I am going to be sewing bags to sell I'd like to know which ones ya'll think would sell better.

I prefer the tote kind because I can throw them over my shoulder and still carry other in my hand at the same time.

Neither. We bought 250 good old fashioned, tall, sturdy brown paper grocery bags. No handles. They sit up nice in the trunk of the car, and don't spill their contents all over.

Do not make bags with no handles. They are useless. I prefer totes with longer handles so I can put them over my shoulder to carry in as much as I can at one time. I don't tie knots in the plastic bag handles, as I see no need to do so since I can put both handles over my hand or hang onto both of them.

Personally I like tote bag style, since I'm able to get it over my shoulder and carry more bags from the car into the house. I think a combination of both is pretty useful though only because some buyers will lean on the short handles as they won't drag when hauling groceries in.

We have dozens of bags, most of them free.
My favorite bags are made out of canvas and have a square bottom. Good for can goods or 4 2L bottles of soda. About the only bag I trust for that purpose. They are about 30 years old.

Least favorite are the bags that have no or just a small gusset, maybe good for flat objects, like celery but not for a bunch or items.

Agreed with the longer handles. Loop over shoulder, arm, carry in hand, less trips from car to house.

Separate handles, but price point is everything. I personally can't stand the things - the take up too much room both at home and in the car, and it's infuriating when you forget to bring them into the store and remember when you already have a 1/2 shopping cart full of groceries.

Long, separate handles for carrying over your shoulders. I only buy the Plastic coated ones that can stand up by themselves - $1.99 at Publix and they are the best. Plastic bags have been banned here for several years.

Long, separate handles for carrying over your shoulders. I only buy the Plastic coated ones that can stand up by themselves - $1.99 at Publix and they are the best. Plastic bags have been banned here for several years.
Yep, we don't have this particular store where I live, but the store bags I buy meet this description. They cost a dollar or two and last us for years. You can wash them down easily. They hold a ton, stand on their own, and the handles are long enough for me to even tie the bag shut and still have loops left to hang on to.

The veggie, winter, "meals to go", and Halloween ones in this link are the type I like. (In fact we use those Halloween ones for Trick-or-Treating once the kids get tall enough to carry them. :) )

https://www.wegmans.com/search.html?searchKey=reusable bags

I think separate handles end up working better for versitility and strength and size but make sure the handles are strong too especially at the point of contact with the rest of the bag.

I think if you're considering small shopping bags ones that are more like Walmart work better. I have 2 shopping bags that fold into themselves that I bought from Aldi. They are great for non-heavy, just a few items trips but they have the ability to just go in my purse of something like that whereas larger totes don't tend to.

I like a variety. I can sling the tote ones up on my shoulder, and that leaves my hands free to grab some of the regular bag style ones. I can carry twice as much at once!

I use tote bags with sewn on handles. The things I look for are the handles, a flat rectangular bottom so the bag will sit upright when filled, and a loop between the handles on one side so it stays upright at the store as I’m filling it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter