• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those of you selling on Amazon...

JRoglitz

DIS Veteran
I just listed some of my books on Amazon and was wondering...when someone buys a book from you they pay the price you listed plus shipping charges or just the amount listed for the book. I know you get a credit from Amazon for shipping, is this the amount that shipping should cost. On Ebay I always have to add the shipping costs to the auction cost. Thanks for your help.

Amazon charges the price of your book plus shipping. Then credits your account that amount minus their fees, plus a shipping credit. You do not make more than what you list the book at. Depending on the size of the book, you make over the fee they charge. For example, the shipping credit is about $2.30 or something like that. A small book may ship for a little over $1.00, so you keep the rest. When you ship internationally, the credit is over $12.00.

I hope more people are considering it. I made over $700.00 in less than six weeks, selling my old books. If you have some older college books that you do not need anymore, you'll get the most for them. Now is the best time to sell those, because classes started or will very soon. Students are looking for bargains.

Wanda

Thanks to everyone for posting about Amazon.com. Listed a bunch of cookbooks I don't use two days ago and have already sold two of them. That was a quick and easy $20.00 made for our next year's Disney trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter