For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here

Hi all! I have another question. Can a specific stateroom number be requested? I f yes, where do we indicate it?

Thank you :)

Yes you can request it and if it is still available DU will do all the can to secure the room... I like doing this so if my cabin request is not available then DU has an idea of where I want to be on the ship.

Place the request in the special comments area on the Request for Quote form

Yes you can request it and if it is still available DU will do all the can to secure the room... I like doing this so if my cabin request is not available then DU has an idea of where I want to be on the ship.

Thank you Kelly! :)

Here are a few more questions of what I'm sure will be many more before the cruise:

Are there dining tables for two?

Is it better to go ahead and book early (now) or wait and see if Disney will offer shipboard credits?

How does the DU shipboard credits work?

Thanks Y'all!
Steve

Here are a few more questions of what I'm sure will be many more before the cruise:

Are there dining tables for two?

Is it better to go ahead and book early (now) or wait and see if Disney will offer shipboard credits?

How does the DU shipboard credits work?

Thanks Y'all!
Steve

There are a few tables for two, you can request one but there is no quarantee, besides you are already cruising with 300+ people, may as well eat with them as well.

It is always better to book as far out as possible.. Prices rise as the demand for a cruise rises, this cruise is getting group spacing so there is already a price adjustment there I believe.

I have never seen Disney offer SBC that are better than Dreams. Actually, I've never seen any travel agency offer better SBC than Dreams.

SBC are applied to your room as a plus on your room account, as you purchase and charge things (remember there is no cash used on the ship) to your room they are applied against the SBC first, once that is used up, then your credit card would be charged. They can be used for anything on the ship that has a price (drinks, excursions, server tips, stores). They can't be used against the dollar here, dollar there tips you may want to give to say a bartender or to the castmember who delivers room service.

Hope that helps

As far as DCL is concerned, every person in the room counts, regardless of age.

If you wish to all stay in one room, the lowest category stateroom that accommodates 5 is a category 4.

You might want to consider connecting staterooms in a lower category. This would allow you more space. You would need to put an adult in eaxh reservation, but DCL isnt concerned with sleeping arrangements.

Okay so this is a stretch, but what if we found a family of 2 or 3 also looking for a category 10 or 11 stateroom that puts one of our family of 5 in their stateroom? We'd have no intention of actually being roommates but it would bring us down to a party of 4 without raising the cost of someone else. We'd still have port charges/taxes/fees and the increased cost of having another person in that party, but would it work?

Hi all! I have another question. Can a specific stateroom number be requested? I f yes, where do we indicate it?

Thank you :)

And don't forget to use the stateroom reports.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomlist.cfm

PC 1.0 was our first cruise and we were extremely pleased with the deck 2 midship location we chose. Stateroom 2566.

This is more of an, "OMG how do I manage this" type of question. Between packing for a few nights before the cruise, the actual cruise and the fish extender extravaganza, how in the world do you not overpack?! I, like another cruiser on the first PCC loves her shoes, oh boy I'm sooo going to have to pay the extra baggage fee.
I know I'll have more question as this will be my first cruise ever, so I am so grateful this thread was started!

This is more of an, "OMG how do I manage this" type of question. Between packing for a few nights before the cruise, the actual cruise and the fish extender extravaganza, how in the world do you not overpack?! I, like another cruiser on the first PCC loves her shoes, oh boy I'm sooo going to have to pay the extra baggage fee.
I know I'll have more question as this will be my first cruise ever, so I am so grateful this thread was started!

Take a deep breath. I know I packed a lot of clothes and used them all (except for two pair of shorts and one pair of lounge pants). In retrospect, I didn't need all that stuff. But, I wanted it. I made it work. I know that the next time around I will bring two pullmans instead of a pullman and a garment bag. I am also thinking about flying Southwest (assuming they still aren't charging for every piece of luggage). My flights were perfect time wise, but I paid $130 round trip for my checked baggage. That nearly double the cost of my tickets to fly ($142 round trip). And I shipped a box home (another $38)

Okay so this is a stretch, but what if we found a family of 2 or 3 also looking for a category 10 or 11 stateroom that puts one of our family of 5 in their stateroom? We'd have no intention of actually being roommates but it would bring us down to a party of 4 without raising the cost of someone else. We'd still have port charges/taxes/fees and the increased cost of having another person in that party, but would it work?
Where would everyone sleep? I understand what you are doing, but the rooms aren't the same as hotels. The sofa isn't a pull-out. It's more of a flip-over. It is a single and the bed that pulls from the ceiling in some rooms is also a single.

I would suggest you fly SW. They fly out of LaGuardia and LI. :thumbsup2 There is plenty of storage space in the stateroom. I was able to fit my empty luggage under the bed no problem.
This is what I brought with me (plus a garment bag not pictured)...
helmet823.jpg

The best advice is don't overpack but if you must overpack (I fall into this group:teeth:) Fly SW and use a porter to handle the bags. :thumbsup2

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but I suggest having everyone pack a carry on and not a checked bag. We had booked flights in the afternoon and flew (pun intended) through security. We ended up waiting at the airport for many hours. If we had packed carry ons we would have been able to get on an earlier flight standby. Personally, I would rather wait in a hotel room than at the airport. Hope this helps people.

Is there any Laundry facilities on the ship to allow you to wash clothes to help with over packing?

Yes there are laundry rooms. You can purchase boxed soap for $1, the washer is $1, and the dryer is $1 for 50 minutes and may take 2 cycles. The machines are coin operated and a coin machine is available.

Is there any Laundry facilities on the ship to allow you to wash clothes to help with over packing?
Sure is, although I don't know how much it will help with the over packing ;) There are coin operated self-service laundry rooms onboard. There are machines selling detergent and fabric softener as well or you can bring your own. There are change machines in each laundry room. The rooms can be quite warm and crowded at times and drying often takes more than one cycle.

You can also send you clothes out to be dry-cleaned or laundered for you if you don't want to spend your vacation doing laundry.

I found these new sheets in walmart today... they are laundry soap, fabric softner and dryer sheets all in one and no liquid... not sure how they work but the first thing I thought was "those would be great for a Disney Trip"

SBC are applied to your room as a plus on your room account, as you purchase and charge things (remember there is no cash used on the ship) to your room they are applied against the SBC first, once that is used up, then your credit card would be charged. They can be used for anything on the ship that has a price (drinks, excursions, server tips, stores). They can't be used against the dollar here, dollar there tips you may want to give to say a bartender or to the castmember who delivers room service.

Hope that helps

It does help - thanks!

Just to make sure that I understand, the DU SBC is added to the room key/account once on board?

Steve

It does help - thanks!

Just to make sure that I understand, the DU SBC is added to the room key/account once on board?

Steve

Yes when you get on the ship, in your stateroom there will be a statement with each of your SBC listed and the amount..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter