? for the experts

noritake1

I sell Disney in my jammies!
Hi and thanks in advance to all who respond. I have a child with a disability who is on a list for a dream. I ahve another child who also has the same disability and her therapist has sent in a application for her at the same wish rgranting place. I have 3 other kids who do not have disabilities. Is that in poor taste to submit for both children? The therapist said why should the 2nd child be slighted just beacue the other child is in her family, What do you all think? thanks again Jill

I'm definitely no expert, but would be happy to give my opinion:goodvibes . I think that wishes are granted to children who have life threatening illnesses; and that they are based on what that child perceives as their wish. Although a lot of times the family gets to participate, the wish is the child's. Therefore, if you have two children who have had to go through all that most of these kids have gone through, well first, many blessings to your family, you've all been through a lot. and second, why shouldn't they each get a wish granted if they both qualify?:grouphug: to your family, and I hope your kids wishes come true:wizard:

I would agree with ireland_nicole and the therapist.
If they both qualify, they should both get their wishes.
The wish is for the child and they may both want the same wish, but they may both want totally different wishes.

Another way to think about it is to pretend they are in different families.
If one was your child and the other was your niece, you probably would not even think to ask if it was in poor taste to submit for both children. If they were not in the same family, it would be clear that there would be no problem with them each getting a wish.

here's some pixie dust for each of them:
:tinker: :tink: (a little different, since they each may have a different wish).

I am going to move this to the disABILITIES Community Board. Since it's a general subject, not specifically about WDW, I think it will fit in there better and get more responses.

Thanks to all who responded. I will submit for my second child. I'll keep you all posted on how it all turns out thanks again Jill

I know several families personally who have had a wish granted for each child. One was a family with 5 boys who had Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Sadly two of them have passed away while the others watched- seeing their own possible fate. I can't even imagine their grief. Another was a family whose four children had the same hereditary progressive disorder that shortened the life span of their children, although they were expected to live to mid-adulthood. As was already mentioned, the wish is for EACH child. I'm glad you decided to apply for your second child.---Kathy

I think each child should be granted its chance to say what it's own wish is. While they may both want the same thing it still is each child making a wish. Who has not heard the complaint about one sibling getting to do stuff but not the other. Maybe the agency will read both and decide that they should have a combined trip or them kids might instead decide on something you never expected. Let the kids have their chance to say what they want.

Big Hugs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter