For marital harmony, please help!

BONZO

<font color=660066>Has been known to go off topic!
Hi,

I need a quick bit of advice!

We have just retuned from WDW and I need to do my trip report. Both DW and myself kept a diary, so I've two sources of information to work on.

DW is a stickler for detail and I mainly observe and comment on things.

To this end, DW wants "editorial rights" over what I post! - LOL

So, how can I use MSWord to type up the report, get DW to approve and just "cut and paste" into the "message" field.

I guess I need to change the format to HTML but I suspect I'll need to change the page width settings.

Any advice would be useful as we are close to coming to blows! - ;)

You don't need to change anything. Just type it up in any word processor, let her make changes, highlight copy (or cut) and then when you open up a post, just paste into the text field and presto, instant success.

You may want to add color or whatever later on, but the text will transfer easily.

Originally posted by BONZO
...To this end, DW wants "editorial rights" over what I post! - LOL

[ snip ]

Any advice would be useful as we are close to coming to blows! - ;)

JC,

Wouldn't that leave a mess with the formatting?
I'm not sure how tabs and spaces translate here. If proportional fonts are used in MSWord and spaces are used to align text, that will be a big mess wouldn't it?

Maybe BONZO can start with a thread in here when he does the paste. Then fix all the formatting/colors and then do another cut/paste into the other forum.

BONZO, maybe JC can even do the formatting for you!
;)

Thanks everyone,

We've kissed and made up - LOL :p

Stormalongbay,

I'll take your advice, I'll type it up in MSWord, let DW do her amends, cut and paste over here and re-align/ re-format over here before posting.

Phew!

<font color=navy>What I do is open a Word document (or even email), and type in exactly how I would type in a post. I don't use tabs or anything through word, but I use the [ ] and < > codes in my document.

Then I paste it in, tweak where needed, and it's done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter