For All Who Come to this Happy Place: My 1st Trip to DL for the POTC World Premiere!

Lindsey, congratulations on your kitten, he is so cute!:love: Love your new updates!:banana:

Even the food is Disney themed.......seems more so than at WDW!!!! Those cupcakes are too cute & look so yummy.

Love your character pictures.

OMG!!! Jax is sooo cute!! :love: Is Jax a Disney name? Did Jack Sparrow have a kitty named Jax? :laughing:

I LOVE Goofy's Kitchen! I had breakfast there for my bday last October. Great food & so much fun!!!:banana:

Lindsey, Your trip report is great and Jax is adorable!!!:goodvibes As an animal lover, oh my gosh, he is just so darn cute. So adorable also that you went and got him all the Disney cat themed stuff, I did that with Jake, my dog too!!! We need to let our addictiions transfer to our animals too, LOL!!!
I wish when I was at DL in June I would of not been so rushed due to the people I was with, oh well, there is always next time. :)

Thanks! He is adorable and he is my little buddy! I love all the Disney Cat stuff. It's so cute and I loved going to Downtown Disney and shopping for him! :goodvibes Jax has no choice, but to be addicted to Disney!!! No one in my family has a choice! :rotfl:

Even the food is Disney themed.......seems more so than at WDW!!!! Those cupcakes are too cute & look so yummy.

Love your character pictures.

The food at Disneyland is much more Mickey themed that at WDW, which I was surprised about! It's all Mickey or Disney themed and that just makes it taste even better! ;)

OMG!!! Jax is sooo cute!! :love: Is Jax a Disney name? Did Jack Sparrow have a kitty named Jax? :laughing:

Thank you! :goodvibes No, Jax isn't a Disney name. I know, that's a big surprise! When I took Jax to the vet today, there were two other cats there, one was named Nemo and the other was Simba. :rotfl: I actually was thinking of naming him Jack, but I didn't like it as much as Jax. I cam up with Jax and thought it fit him perfectly! :)

Just because I'm a proud Mommy of my baby Jax! :cat: paw:

n25002324_32553949_1879.jpg

n25002324_32553962_6190.jpg

n25002324_32554081_2422.jpg

n25002324_32554294_3354.jpg

n25002324_32554306_7836.jpg

More from Goofy's Kitchen...Coming Soon!!!

Goofy's Kitchen
Disneyland Hotel
Continued...

Chip came over to our table next and decided it would be funny to mess with my hat! :rotfl: He flipped it up off my head, so I had to set him straight! I gave him a little pop on the nose and then he felt very sorry for what he had done. :rotfl2: We made up pretty quickly, even though he did mess-up my hair! :goodvibes

n25002324_32314897_9720.jpg

I thought it was very interesting that Aladdin and Jasmine were at this character meal, but no other princes or princesses. :confused3 I know there is a bit more of a character theme at WDW restaurants and it didn't seem to be like that at Disneyland. It was just a mix of different characters, which made it a little more fun too! Well, the Aladdin at our dinner was also the Aladdin from our first day at Disneyland that put on the small Aladdin Oasis show! I told him we had seen him a couple of days ago and we really enjoyed his performance. We lucked out that Aladdin and Jasmine just happened to come over to our small area together, so we were able to get a photo with them together.

n25002324_32314898_7.jpg

By far, the most random character at Goofy's Kitchen was Gideon from "Pinocchio." :confused3 I mean, there was no Pinocchio and no other character from "Pinocchio," but there was Gideon!? :confused:

n25002324_32314899_294.jpg

He was super sweet though and thrilled to see us! He gave me the biggest hug, so I was quite glad he was there for our dinner! :goodvibes

n25002324_32314900_583.jpg

n25002324_32314901_868.jpg

The desserts at Goofy's Kitchen were so yummy and I definitely ate more sweets, than I did salad! ;) Who doesn't loves worms and dirt!?

n25002324_32314902_1155.jpg

It was time again for another interactive performance with all of the characters! Goofy brought out a large bucket full of pots and pans and then the song Trashin' The Camp "Tarzan" began to play all over the restaurant. You know the one Terk aka Rosie O'Donnell sings? All the kids joined in with the characters to the song beating the pots and pans.

n25002324_32314903_1441.jpg

The characters then began to dance around the restaurant and Goofy danced his way over to our table. Then, he put his hand out to me and asked me for a dance! Of course, I obliged! :goodvibes

n25002324_32314904_1733.jpg

We were finishing up our fantastic dinner and Dale finally made his way over to our table before we left. It was a great way to end the dinner, since Dale is, after all, my favorite chipmunk. ;) He came over to me and grabbed my left hand to see if I had a wedding ring. :rotfl2: He saw it flipped it over, so you couldn't see the diamond and made a "go away" motion to DH. :lmao: We were cracking up! Then, he took my hand and gave it a kiss. Then, DH had to explain to Dale that I was his girl, but Dale didn't want to hear any of that! He covered his ears and walked away. :rotfl: It was too funny and what a way to end a meal!

n25002324_32314905_2017.jpg

More to come!

Lindsey you always have the best character interactions. What a lucky girl you are.
I love the picture of Jax with his Disney Cat Dining Table. :lmao:

Lindsey, I've been lurking, reading about your adventures and thoroughly enjoying your report -- but I had to post to say congratulations on adopting Jax! We have two cats and one sweetheart of a large dog -- all adopted -- and I couldn't imagine life without them!

Jax is one lucky kitty!

And thanks again for posting about your trip -- I'm in L.A., and have a D-Land AP, but your report is giving me ideas for attractions I often overlook.

:thumbsup2

Lindsey...you are so funny with the characters. I am sometimes shy around them :flower3:

your new kitty is a cutie:cutie:

you mentioned a new trippie...is that your trip to WDW with your family???

:offtopic:
I know I am posting something off topic here. However, I thought you POC fans may be interested.
Yesterday I had to go to our local Target for some things. I always stop and look at the dollar spot. Yesterday there were MANY POC items at the dollar spot!! There were many pencils, stickers, notepads, etc. Johnny and Orlando were pictured all over these items.
I wanted to post this in case any of you want to head out to your local Target and get some of it because I bet it will go fast.

I know I am posting something off topic here. However, I thought you POC fans may be interested.
Yesterday I had to go to our local Target for some things. I always stop and look at the dollar spot. Yesterday there were MANY POC items at the dollar spot!! There were many pencils, stickers, notepads, etc. Johnny and Orlando were pictured all over these items.
I wanted to post this in case any of you want to head out to your local Target and get some of it because I bet it will go fast.

Looks like I need to go to Target now!

Cute kitty Lindsey!

Great report--thanks for sharing all of the premiere pics & videos.

I also like how you compared DL & WDW for same attractions/lands. Some day I hope to get to DL.

Lindsey you always have the best character interactions. What a lucky girl you are.
I love the picture of Jax with his Disney Cat Dining Table. :lmao:

Only the best Disney products for my baby Jax! ;)

Lindsey, I've been lurking, reading about your adventures and thoroughly enjoying your report -- but I had to post to say congratulations on adopting Jax! We have two cats and one sweetheart of a large dog -- all adopted -- and I couldn't imagine life without them!

Jax is one lucky kitty!

And thanks again for posting about your trip -- I'm in L.A., and have a D-Land AP, but your report is giving me ideas for attractions I often overlook.

:thumbsup2

I'm glad you are enjoying my Trippie and thanks for the congrats!!! I am so happy I adopted Jax! :goodvibes I saw him and knew he had to be mine! :)

Lindsey...you are so funny with the characters. I am sometimes shy around them :flower3:

your new kitty is a cutie:cutie:

you mentioned a new trippie...is that your trip to WDW with your family???

Jax is a sweetie and a cutie! :cat:

The new Trippie will be our First Anniversary Weekend Trip at the Contemporary Resort filled with a lot of Disney Magic! :wizard:

Time to go shopping!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter