• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food Budget $100 a day possible??

Wenlitz

<font color=6699FF>The Tag Fairy has been known to
Just curious, I have budged $100.00 a day for eating. We will be eating breakfast in our room and taking snacks in our fanny packs. I have planned to eat a nice evening meal as our main meal. I dont eat much breakfast and usually eat a light eve. meal.
There are 4 in our family sooo what do you think?? Is this possible. Any tips to help me out?? Thanks :)

I think you can do it, but it will be tight. I presume you are not including wine or beer [with dinner] in your calculation. I was on a strict budget when I went last summer and brought snacks for the day and, similarly, ate a nice dinner. Be aware that depending on the appetites of others in your party, there are many places where splitting things is sufficient; e.g., Tony's on Main Street-the portions are huge! When I went in Feb, one plate of spaghetti was enough for both my BF and myself. We also split a plate at Alfredo's and the restaurant at Mexico. Good luck!!

hmmmm..... are you going to do fast food for lunch? If so it will probably work. Figuring $20 per person for dinner. That leaves $20 for lunch. Could be tight. I know dinner is not always $20 per person....but once you trow in a tip and an occasional extra nice meal I bet it averages out that way.

We usually figure $150 a day for food. The thing that always makes us go over is if we order drinks first or a bottle of wine. That's something to watch out for.

Lunch menus are usually cheaper if you wanted to try your nice meal mid day.

Check http://wdwig.com the restaurant section. I think she has meal prices with the restaurants menus.

BabyBlue61

I forgot to mention that my 9 yr old DD and I plan to split our meal. Thanks.

Ok maybe I was to vague, We will have cereal, toast, bagels, juice, coffee, cereal bars and granola bars for Breakfst.

My DH and I dont eat lunch, we will eat dinner (eve meal). My DS will eat lunch and maybe my daughter. (she is a little eater)

We will do dinner and my daughter and I will split entree and maybe salad.

I am an avid fan of eating when your hungry not when the clock says lunch or dinner time!!

We will be there for 7 days and flying 2. $900.00 for food is what I am hoping to budget. Possible??

Does your budget include those breakfast foods? From your first post it doesn't sound like it does. If that is true and you aren't "big drinkers" LOL...yup, I bet you can!

Originally posted by Wenlitz
I am an avid fan of eating when your hungry not when the clock says lunch or dinner time!!

Well, I think it is possible to do eat with $100/day, but you would definitely want to eat when the clock says lunch. I'm generally like you in that I prefer to eat when I'm hungry, but at Disney World, generally they serve the same things at dinner that they do at lunch, and lunch is a lot cheaper than dinner. So if you eat a bigger meal earlier in the day, you could just buy a snack or small meal for later in the evening.

If you're really against eating by the clock, then I would budget between $30 and $50 more, just in case. JMHO! :D

Can you do it?? Yes if you have to do it you can.

I am budgeting $100 for three because I would rather come home with extra then to not have enough.

I am figuring (counter service) $10 for lunch per person and $15 for dinner per person. That leaves $25 for snacks and drinks etc.

If you want to get an idea of the prices for the meals you want, you can check out http://www.wdwig.com . It has the menus w/prices for virtually all the eateries at WDW.

Quick unrelated question-how does everyone get the "Countdown to Disney" clock on their posts? It's absolutely adorable!

$100.00 a day does not include the pop, snacks, water, and breakfast stuff. I am purchasing these when we get there.

Where do you plan on eating dinners? Just about all the character meals-buffets- are at least $20 a person. Children range from $10-13.

I think you can get by on $100 a day. I did last August and there were 4 of us. We ate out the whole time (9days) counter service for breakfast and lunch(when we ate lunch) and either counterservice or nice dinners (Portabellos 2 times, Rainforest Cafe, boatwrights twice) If i remember right kids ate free at portabellos bill was still $80 but well worth it. We werent really hungry during the day. I guess too hot to eat. Mostly just drank water or powerade(from the parks) Had left over on days which we just added to the next day. AAWe arent big drinkers. Had glass of wine at portabellos but that was about it. I think you can do it.

This past APril my family of six (6) survived decently on $150 a day....we had breakfast in the room every day.....cooler with milk, coffee from food court, cereal, bagels, donuts......

Brought PLENTY of snacks from home (and I do mean HOME) for each child in their fanny bags....I picked stuff that I dont generally allow them to have like gummy candies, M&M's, Lunchables. Okay - not healthy but we're on vacation.

Most of the time we skipped lunch and had a large early dinner.

We went over the $150 on a few days but other days we were under.....it all evened out in the end.

Thanks for all of the input. We will be flying 2 days so didnt figure we would blow !00.00 to eat on those days so I have allowed to go over. I plan on one big meal a day with breakfast in the room and loading the kids fanny packs with snacks. They will have 100.00 of disney dollars to spend on whatever they want snacks if they want.
We are eating at CRT on day, Yachtsmans one day, Pucks the day we attend Cirque and a couple meals on the Broardwalk.

The kids will eat lunch as my son is diabetic and has to do the 3 meals, 3 snacks aday.

So I am going to stop stressing over this and go with the flow and try to stay on budget. The closer I stay to budget the more to spend on treasures from the parks!!!:)

Originally posted by Wenlitz
...My DS will eat lunch and maybe my daughter...
OMG!!!!! Well, that'll cut down on at least one meal you have to buy each day depending on what day this happens!!!! LMAO!!!:p

FWIW, when my wife and I go, I usually budget $100 for us and we usually spend about $70 and we get everything in the parks...breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus we snack whenever we want to. We do the fast food thing for all meals.

Greg
ps. I know what you meant, but it just sounds funny!!

This would be a hard budget for my family to stick to, but it is probably possible.

crt would equal at dinner time 4.99 per child includes drink
19.95-25.95 per adult with no drink

yachstmans would equal at dinner time 5.50-10.95 per child no drink included
18.99-34.99 per adult with no drink

pucks would be at dinner time 3.85-5.25 per child not sure of drink
10.95-27.95 per adult no drink

so no appetisers or salads, seems like it may be tight. Good luck!!

We did great on $50.00-$60.00 a day for 3 of us. We always ate out, either at the food court(POR), a few sit down resturants, & snack places. We ate when we were hungry. Our trip was 11 days long. At times, we ended up sharing because portions were huge(ex. Stuffed french toast at Boatwrights, huge huge portion, and oh so yummy). The 2 refillable mugs we bought, saved us alot of money. My 6 year old only drinks milk, water, & 100% fruit juices, so we did not purchase a mug for him, so we ended up buying drinks for him. Thanks to the discussion boards, I planned on spending 75.00 a day, so we made out well, and used the extra money for other things.

Maine!!! Hello, acadia! The weather must be beautiful up there right now. I'm a Colby grad...nuthin' but love for the state!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter