Flying through DCL

LilacBarries

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are going on our first cruise together in September and have decided to book our flight through DCL. I know we wont know till closer to the embarkation date exact details but I'm wondering if anyone has done this before? It's quite a bit more then flights i'm seeing right now from SFO but we liked that we could pay it all together and that it's all guaranteed as far as getting to the ship in time etc.

Does anyone know what airline(s) they use? is it worth the extra money? It also includes a stay at the Hyatt Regency Orlando the night before, has anyone stayed there? how is it?

Hi there! I won't be a lot of help here, as we have never purchased air fair from DCL. We do plan on staying at the Hyatt however, and using DCL transfers to get to port. I know that the hotel is currently going at $170 (AAA) and the transfers are $35 pp, one way. The hotel is supposed to be very nice, all though not sure how much of it you will get to experience, depending on what time you get in. The important part is that you will be getting on a cruise in the morning!!!:goodvibes. Assuming you will be flying the day prior, of course!
I am curious as to how much DCL charged for flights. Do you mind if I ask an estimate? I almost went for the deal as we will be traveling from SFO, as well.

We're paying about 1400 for our air fair the day before. It includes all transfers and the stay at Hyatt.

So if the transfers alone are going to be 140 for both of us, 180 for the Hyatt and about 1000 for the flights if we booked through Expedia.. I think it's worth it

We were told that we can cancel up till our PIF date. Right now were looking at 500 ish pp for round trip flights. I really need to decide soon if we're going to drop the flights or air fair will go up. But then well have to also figure out getting to the cruise terminal...

I think we'll keep them, we discussed from the beginning that we knew it was a lot more but we liked the security of booking everything together.

That sounds like a pretty decent deal to me, as we are seeing the same prices as you for flights. My only concern would be if they had me on connecting flights. As you know, sometimes getting out of SFO on time can be tricky, and then I have bizarre, unnatural fear of lost luggage.:scared1:

I would post your question on the main DCL forum page. You will most likely get lots of advice there. This is technically the "trip report" area.

Hope you have a great cruise!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter