Flowers and Smileys and Chit Chat, Oh My..... Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way you think, Beth! :thumbsup2
2.gif
:thumbsup2

My sisters and I have been talking about lots of different things. A cruise has come up quite a bit. But I don't know, we need to talk more.

I think the place that we are going to at the end of the month for Mike's family reunion in NC would be really nice at Christmas.

But yeah, I think we definately need something different.
A cruise would be fun too. But then you'd still miss out on the snow. Unless you combined both thoughts and made it an Alaskan cruise. :thumbsup2

But will they sleep late if they stay up late?

My kids are already in full "summer mode" they are sleeping until 9:30 every morning! :banana: :banana: :banana:
They might sleep in until 8 or 8:30. Not real late. I've been letting them stay up until around 10 and then I send them to bed where they talk and don't fall asleep until around 10:30 or later.

It doesn't get dark here until around 10 or even later.

All of my family lives in Dallas.

Mike has one sister here, and the rest of his family is scattered around.

Until recently though Mike's parents lived here also, and we would end up on the road between Houston and Dallas on Christmas morning, not fun at all!

I don't know how far apart that is but that stinks. We don't have a lot of excessive driving, it's just more annoying that my mom is always like "go and do what you need to do, I won't be offended" and his mom is always like "what took you so long to get here, where have you been" It's never enough and it's always my family that gets slighted. :mad: It's getting really old. Christmas is also bittersweet for me, I miss my Dad a lot, so sometimes we are just coming from the cemetary and I am really not in the mood for a lecture. Someday we're going to spend Christmas where it's warm

They might sleep in until 8 or 8:30. Not real late. I've been letting them stay up until around 10 and then I send them to bed where they talk and don't fall asleep until around 10:30 or later.

It doesn't get dark here until around 10 or even later.

Wow, it doesn't get dark until that late??

I guess it is about 9:00 here.

Usually the kids play until around 10:00, then they lay down and watch a movie and fall asleep.

I don't know how far apart that is but that stinks. We don't have a lot of excessive driving, it's just more annoying that my mom is always like "go and do what you need to do, I won't be offended" and his mom is always like "what took you so long to get here, where have you been" It's never enough and it's always my family that gets slighted. :mad: It's getting really old. Christmas is also bittersweet for me, I miss my Dad a lot, so sometimes we are just coming from the cemetary and I am really not in the mood for a lecture. Someday we're going to spend Christmas where it's warm

It is about a 4 hour drive, that is why we don't do that anymore.

Our family is the opposite, my Mom is nuts and Mike's family is very laid back.

There have been years here where I have on the AC at Christmas.:rolleyes:

Now you see, this is why I LOVE Halloween. None of this BS pressure to be here and there, rushing around, baking, spending, etc.

Halloween is fun costumes, and candy. Please, what more do you need? :confused3 ;)

Seriously all of that can take the fun out of Christmas. Makes it feel more like a chore. And I'm sorry about you missing your dad. I'm sure the holidays make it tough.

It's interesting though how those in the cold want a warm Christmas and vice versa. We all just need to swap houses for the holiday!!

Oh that's pretty tame. Stick with me, I'll show you where to go for the good stuff. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

(all the new ladies are going to think I am a total freak. :lmao: )

OH! I have a page I used once that you might like!

How you feel about leather and whips?? :confused3

:rotfl2:

whips and chains??? Bring it! :banana:

I know that it is tame compared to a lot of what is out there but considering I went to craigslist to list some old stuff and I spent 30 minutes checking out guys' junk, it was definitely interesting. LOL. Ryan was like, what are you doing? SO I made him come look :rotfl: HE said the same thing you did, that's nothing. I know he has a list of sites from his lonely semester in college while I was in FL living it up :rolleyes1

Well, Adam and Noelle are home now. They came home while I was getting the twins in bed.

It's hot in their rooms so I am letting them all sleep out in the living room on the floor. We'll see how well that works as far as them actually going to sleep. :rolleyes:

We used to like to do that when we were kids. Who cares, it's summer and it doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't get completely out of hand.

My sisters and I have been talking about lots of different things. A cruise has come up quite a bit. But I don't know, we need to talk more.

I think the place that we are going to at the end of the month for Mike's family reunion in NC would be really nice at Christmas.

But yeah, I think we definately need something different.

ooh, a cruise would be so nice.

Beth, have you been watching Pirate Master?

I have been (because there is nothing else on) but I haven't been too impressed with it, not enough drama for me and kind of predictable.

Wow. that's late! it's dark before 9 here.
Wow, it doesn't get dark until that late??
Yep, it's crazy.
I don't know how people who live in Alaska do it. "Land of the midnight sun"?? No thanks!

Oh, I remember those holidays in CA. It was so weird to be in shorts on Christmas day. I used to at least like it to rain or something!!

I don't know. I grew up on the movie "White Christmas" ("what's a Christmas with no snow" lol) so that's the one time, I would really miss the snow if we move.

It is about a 4 hour drive, that is why we don't do that anymore.

Our family is the opposite, my Mom is nuts and Mike's family is very laid back.

That is way too long of a drive, unless you plan on being there for the weekend or something. My mom and my mom's family are totally laid back and his family gets all bent out of shape :headache:
I can't even imagine the AC at Christmas.
Now you see, this is why I LOVE Halloween. None of this BS pressure to be here and there, rushing around, baking, spending, etc.

Halloween is fun costumes, and candy. Please, what more do you need? :confused3 ;)

Seriously all of that can take the fun out of Christmas. Makes it feel more like a chore. And I'm sorry about you missing your dad. I'm sure the holidays make it tough.

It's interesting though how those in the cold want a warm Christmas and vice versa. We all just need to swap houses for the holiday!!

Actually, we are supposed to rush around and show off the kids in their costumes to everyone :headache: Or should I say, **I** am supposed to, since Ryan is usually at work.

speaking of costumes, I thought some pics were supposed to be going up here :rolleyes1

You're right, it does feel like a chore sometimes, and it is sad. It should just be a day to relax and count your blessings but noooooooooo

I'd be up for a house swap! :cool1:

whips and chains??? Bring it! :banana:
2.gif

If I ever put my page back to my dominatrix one, I'll make sure to let you know so you can see it.

I just changed it to Vegas right now.

Beth, have you been watching Pirate Master?

I have been (because there is nothing else on) but I haven't been too impressed with it, not enough drama for me and kind of predictable.
I missed the first episode and then there was a thread on the CB about how terrible in was, so I never bothered.

I'm going to try to catch Big Brother and that Age of Love one though.

I think I saw the dominatrix one. Ryan looked at it and said "WHO IS THAT??" :lmao:

Actually, we are supposed to rush around and show off the kids in their costumes to everyone :headache: Or should I say, **I** am supposed to, since Ryan is usually at work.

speaking of costumes, I thought some pics were supposed to be going up here :rolleyes1

You're right, it does feel like a chore sometimes, and it is sad. It should just be a day to relax and count your blessings but noooooooooo

I'd be up for a house swap! :cool1:
Okay you rush too much then! Time to move away from the family..... :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

I'll have to find some of our old costumes to post. I had some good ones. ;)

Well ladies, I hate to run, but Ruben just walked in the door and I'm going to go see how his day went.

I'll catch ya tomorrow. Have a good night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter