"Flash Not Installed" when trying to run Nemo or VMK Communicator

ElectricLime

As seen on VMK
When I try to play the Nemo Virtual Lagoon or run the VMK Communicator, it immediately tells me that I don't have Flash installed, and offers to bring me to the page to get the installer.

Problem is, I *do* have Flash installed, and it works just fine with Flash pages. 'http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/' says I have version 9,0,47,0 installed.

I've tried uninstalling it with the utility from Macromedia, and then installing the latest version again, but still neither program sees Flash.

Does anyone know a way around this problem?

thats the version I am running

ie or firefox?

The installer installs plugins for IE and for Firefox, but I don't know which one the standalone games are trying to use.

google was coming back with a few apps that had a similar problem being fixed with the shockwave plugin being installed??

do you have shockwave installed?

ok reaching now :)

when you go to my computer > tools > folder options > file types

does it say swf = adobe flash player 9.0 r45

I solved the problem!

The problem was that I had to run Internet Explorer and let it finish installing the IE Flash Plugin. I had only been using Firefox, and I hadn't run IE since installing Flash.

When I ran IE and went to the VMK.com home page, it prompted me to finish the Flash installation. I said okay, and then I was able to install and run both the Nemo stuff and the VMK Communicator with no problems.

I hope this helps someone else! :)

I solved the problem!

The problem was that I had to run Internet Explorer and let it finish installing the IE Flash Plugin. I had only been using Firefox, and I hadn't run IE since installing Flash.

When I ran IE and went to the VMK.com home page, it prompted me to finish the Flash installation. I said okay, and then I was able to install and run both the Nemo stuff and the VMK Communicator with no problems.

I hope this helps someone else! :)
Thanks! I'll Try That :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter