Fishing report for BDR and Born 2 Fish

Pirate-Jeff

DIS Veteran
Spent the weekend at Cape Hatteras.

We fished all day Friday and Saturday in the surf. We caught Spanish Mackerel and Blue fish from sunrise until about 9am. Than the Whiting and Pompano moved in. What a ball it was to catch these tasty critters. We also caught Flounder that seamed to bite better at low tide and first of the incoming tide. Later in the afternoon the big/over-slot Redfish showed up. Do you know how hard it is to throw back a Redfish over 28 inches. 5 throw backs and just 1 keeper. Just about dark the Blues and Spanish mackerel showed up again.

There we NO fish harmed in the writing of this report.
All keepers were released and are swimming in the Crisco Bay tonight

We did stay in a rental cabin this trip. Nice, but we missed our MH. Next trip We will stay at one of the many Campgrounds there. Camp Hatteras Campground looked to be the nicest. Has anyone stayed there and how was it?

<'))))><

Jeff....why ya wanna make me all jealous? Sounds like a GREAT trip!!! I think I may go throw a line in at the lake this evening.

Jeff, we stayed at Oregon Inlet (national park Svc cg) over Memorial Day weekend this year. No electric, no water, no septic. Totally dry. You can get water and dump at the marina across the street. Generators are allowed only till 10pm. (I don't remember what time in the am you're allowed to start them up.) The bathhouses only have cold water showers. It was very open, but on the other side of the dunes is the ocean. If you're just going so you can fish, it's great. If this is for a family trip, and you like lots of amenities, I'd stay at a private cg. The best part was the close proximity to the beach and it was only $20/night.

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Sounds like ya'll had a GREAT time ! Wish we could'a been there. We havent surf fished in such a long time that I've forgott'n what it's like.
It's so good to hear when folk have had a good fish'n day (days),,specially with a nice variety of swimmers.:thumbsup2 What all did you use for bait ?
Man I am happy for you,,, and a little envious.

BDR Why are you jealous. You are the only guy that has caught any real fish at Disney.

Just Beachy The Family is going next trip so I will have to go with a Family Campground instead of a guy/fishing type campground.

Born 2 Fish The Spanish Macs and Blues were caught on metal spoons at sun up, the Pompano and Flounder were caught on pieces of Shrimp on #4 gold long shank hooks, The Reds and some of the Blues were caught on fresh/live finger mullet that we cast netted in the surf.

<'((((><

Jeff....Frank & Denise have pulled in way more than me at Disney...they taught me everything I know about Disney fishing (which aint much!!!)

I have NOTHING on you guys!!!!

Jeff....Frank & Denise have pulled in way more than me at Disney...they taught me everything I know about Disney fishing (which aint much!!!)

I have NOTHING on you guys!!!!

Rog, speaking of fishing our local Wal-Mart have those red hooks on clearance for a $1.00 a pack.

Heeey...Im going to wallyworld today....I'll check and see if we have the same deal, last time I checked they didnt have the red ones at all....but I got the same size in the reg'ler ol'silver. Thanks Denise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter