First trip since 2018 - help me plan please!

OkanaganAmanda

Earning My Ears
Our last trip was in Jan 2018 (our kids were 4 and 2. The then-2 year old doesn't remember any of it). Thankful we came when we did, our 4 year old got to do Bibbity Bobbity Boo makeover. Now the kids are 6 and 8. Haven't been anywhere in awhile (thanks Covid, closed border) including two cancelled trips to WDW. On a whim decided to drive down from British Columbia for spring break, March 19-26. Takes two days each way to drive. We will be in the parks on March 21, 22, 23 and 24. Yes, I know there won't be fireworks. Sucks but it is what it is. We are still booked to go to WDW in Nov/early Dec thru Dreams, so they can wait for then for fireworks.

We have 4 day park hoppers, and already bought Genie+. The kids want to do it all and have been watching lots of ride thru videos. We all have cabin fever after several years of no holidays. They are tall enough for everything. Haven't yet seen Galaxy's Edge (I know, I know....!) and of course not Avenger's Campus. Already spent a small fortune on the hoppers with genie+ so not too excited to do ILL if we can avoid it. We are morning people so good with rope dropping. Staying just outside the gates at Del Sol motel.

Only thing I know is we need to rope drop RSR probably 2x, ok with a couple longer-ish waits. Also know that I prefer to 'take in' Galaxy's Edge to see it first without seeing it for the first time as we rush in for rope dropping Rise. Kind of thinking day 1, rope drop RSR at DCA, then hop to DL and see GE for the first time. Besides that, totally unsure on best plan of attack for which park to book reservation at.

Ok with a rest back at the hotel mid day if the parks are open late? Curious how you pros would plan this trip if you were me. Kids don't seem super into characters all that much any more. I wouldn't mind one occasional sit down meals just for the sake of a break, but we're good with quick service for the most part. What would you plan if you were me?

A couple things to keep in mind are the park hopping limits right now - you cannot hop before 1pm. I think that's the biggest change that keeps tripping me up when I'm planning! So your plan to rope drop RSR and then hop to see Galaxy's Edge just remember you can't enter DL before 1pm, so you'll be spending your morning in DCA those mornings.

So far, all experiences with Rise seem to be that rope dropping doesn't really save you that much time anyway, so you might just go in and bite the bullet and wait in the line. That is my plan if we end up not doing ILL$ for it.

Another change is that it has been much harder to get reservations for table service since DLR reopened. Your dates have already opened and there might not be anything left. You can check out some of the dining alerts services out there to pick up cancellations, but you might already be out of luck. The reservations open up 60 days in advance and are going within minutes for places like Blue Bayou!

Hope that helps with your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter