First Time Guest with Disablitlies Pass

heavenslightt

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! Can someone please tell me from experience how to get a guests with disabilities pass? It's for my son. There's going to be a group of 5 adults, my son, and his twin sister. And can you also please tell me how it works with rides and character meet and greets? Also I was told it could only be used for 6 people. But there's 7 of us. 5 who have park tickets and than my twins are 2 so they don't need tickets. Also how would we get the pass in my son's name if he doesn't have a ticket since he's two? Thanks in advance!

At 2 they will attach it to his magic band or give him a card that it will be attached to. It will only work on rides that he can ride so it won't help for anything with a height requirement. Also remember he must ride to be able to use it so if he is asleep you'll have to wait until he wakes up etc.

On top of that you have to be able to tell guest relations why your son needs a DAS. Why can he not wait in a standard queue. Think about situations you have experienced at home or in day to day life that would be similar that you can gauge his reactions by.

It does not work at most character meet and greats. Just know that going in. It only works at ones that have a FP return so I think Character Spot in Epcot, Princesses/Mickey in MK and that's all I can think of of the top of my head.

For all rides and characters that it works at you will take the MB or card (whichever one they give you) up to the Cast Member at the entrance you want a return time for. They will ask who all is using it and then you say who. They'll put the return time for the standby wait and possibly minus 10 minutes. So if it is a 60 minute wait your return time will be in 50.

Since your daughter is 2 she won't need to be on the DAS because she won't have an admission to use it. So only the adults need to be on it but again it is not going to help the adults if the kids can't ride. For those situations you'll need to use rider swap and try to maximize fastpasses to keep waits down while the kids wait for adults to ride if that is apart of the plan as well.

we can not tell you what to say but like the PP said you will need to go to GR and talk to them about his needs and why he can not wait in lines. if he get a DAS they will just give him a park ticket that will have his picture on it. He will have to ride the ride in order to use it.

if there are rides he can not go on you can use child swap

There are a few more meet and greet's with FP now, Anna and Elsa (at Epcot), Tinkerbell (at MK), and Enchanted Tales with Belle (not really a meet and greet, but sorta), maybe a few others.

Also, if your child uses a stroller for additional needs (beyond what a typical 2 year does), like for gross motor or sensory needs, you should explain that.

At 2 years old, our experience was that we actually ended up needing or using the DAS very infrequently, but everyone's experience is different.

Have a wonderful trip.

As everyone mentioned, you can only use it for rides and attractions that he can go on. Anyone in the party can go to the attraction and get a return time. He has to be the first one to scan his band/card when you return for the fastpass.

For rides he cannot do, some offer rider swap. Notify the CM that you want a rider swap.

Stroller as a wheelchair would allow you to bring the stroller in line with you. That may actually eliminate the need for DAS, depending on how he is.

Have fun!

Hey guys! Can someone please tell me from experience how to get a guests with disabilities pass? It's for my son. There's going to be a group of 5 adults, my son, and his twin sister. And can you also please tell me how it works with rides and character meet and greets? Also I was told it could only be used for 6 people. But there's 7 of us. 5 who have park tickets and than my twins are 2 so they don't need tickets. Also how would we get the pass in my son's name if he doesn't have a ticket since he's two? Thanks in advance!
if your son is going to need stroller in line also ask for the "stroller as a wheelchair" tag which is not included in DAS

There are a few more meet and greet's with FP now, Anna and Elsa (at Epcot),
Have a wonderful trip.
anna and Elsa do not have FP any more ( they never did when they moved to EPCOT) but with some Disney magic the lines do not tent to be that long. There is also not much stimulation in lines no really back a forth parts of the line ( I only did it one time) it is more like you are walking in there house and going in different rooms. I found this line to be one of the easer lines for me to handle.

DAS will not work on character greets that don't also have access to fastpass, and it won't work on anything your son is too short to ride. He must ride in order to use the DAS for the family. as noted, rider swap is an option for attractions where he doesn't meet the height requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter