first solo trip

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I am thinking about taking my first solo trip in May and am a bit nervous. How many nights did you spend on your first trip alone? I have never vacationed by myself, and I am afraid that I will be miss everyone so much that I won't have fun. Is 2 nights too few?

That's what my first solo trip was, not out of choice, but it was a surprise from my family, and that's all they could afford. They called it "Mom's weekend"-came in late Friday, left Sunday morning. Each trip's been a little longer since then (6 solo trips-so far), and last year I stayed for 6 nights. I wasn't homesick, and could have stayed longer. My dream is to someday take a 2 week solo trip. But I think it's quite reasonable to start with a shorter trip, even 2 nights is OK to start. And don't feel you HAVE to feel comfortable with sit-down dining solo. It took me about 4 trips before I could do that. Still haven't done a character meal solo though-yet!

My first solo trip was 7 nights, but I arrived after the parks closed the first night. Honestly, I don't think I would travel that far for two nights.

Deb

I agree that two nights seems like a very short time for a trip that far. I would do at least four nights. I just returned from my first solo trip and it was six nights.

princess:

You can read all about my recent solo trip at the link in my signature. I'm finishing up the report tonight, and it has some reflections on the "solo" aspect of touring.

Hope you take the plunge!

N.E.D.

My first solo stay was 2 nights at the beginning of a trip, since I arrived 2 days before my extended family. I really loved those 2 days solo, so this spring I did a whole week solo. I had a fantastic time. While I love sharing the WDW experience with family and friends, I would never hesitate to do another solo trip sometime. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter