First Solo trip 2025!!!!

skw251520

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,
Well I am finally doing it I am doing a solo trip for just me and I have a lot of questions

1.) Do i really need Genie+? ( know nothing on this subject by the way)
2,) What is the best way to capture selfies in the parks ( thinking about getting a handheld and Bluetooth photo button)
3.) Best tips for dinning by yourself?
4,.) Any tips for that you have

Thank you in advance for all your advice

Congrats on booking your first solo trip.

1) This will depend on what you want out of your trip, how long you are there, and which park you are in. I am not big on rides so I do not pay for Genie+. It would be a waste of money for me. I ride attractions that have a short line and time certain things for certain times of day when I know the line is a little quieter, otherwise I soak up the atmosphere and eat and drink through the day.
2)Not sure the best method but honestly there are tons of kind folks around that will take your picture for you.
3) Main thing for dining is table service and getting the reservation that you want. I usually book for two as there is more choice then putting in one. A lot of times if doing quick service I check the kids menu. Portion size is usually pretty decent and cost a little less. There are so many solo travelers now, sitting at a table alone will not be strange to anyone around you.
4) Enjoy your time. When you are by yourself you can decide if it is time for break or change your plans in a moment without having to poll anyone else and that is priceless.

Hello everyone,
Well I am finally doing it I am doing a solo trip for just me and I have a lot of questions

1.) Do i really need Genie+? ( know nothing on this subject by the way)
2,) What is the best way to capture selfies in the parks ( thinking about getting a handheld and Bluetooth photo button)
3.) Best tips for dinning by yourself?
4,.) Any tips for that you have

Thank you in advance for all your advice
1) I'd say this depends on the crowds that day and what you want to accomplish. Sometimes I get Genie+ and other times I do not. While there are some rides that have a single rider option, most do not, so if your wish is to ride as many rides as possible, then I'd think about getting it.
2) As has been previously stated, many people are willing to snap pictures for you, keep in mind that you cannot use a Selfie Stick in the parks, but you can have a small handheld.
3) I like to have a mixture of seated reservations and also some options when I just wing it. Once I "over reserved" and felt like I had too many table options.
4) Enjoy yourself - make friends!!! I always offer people to share my table with me at the Epcot Festival food booths and have met some really great people!

I definitely agree with #4. I've had some really interesting encounters, and seen some too! Maybe it's the grandmother in me (I have 4 grandchildren) but young kids love to tell people about their day, and for some reason Moms tend to apologize for it. But I love it!

Have fun! I just booked my third solo trip and I can't wait.

I've booked Genie+ every day my last 2 trips (2 park days and 3 park days each) since I'm only there for a short period of time and since it's just me the cost is pretty minimal. It's definitely worth it to me to be able to pretty much breeze onto any ride. If you'd like to save money or don't think you'll use it every day I'd arrange your park days to get the best bang from your buck: MK and HS one day (the most expensive G+ cost) and EP and AK another day and skip G+.

I don't mind eating alone and no one ever made me feel weird about it. But I do prefer to eat at the bar when I'm solo. I sometimes like to talk to people or the bartenders when I'm eating and it's a little more casual.

The best tip I can give you is to not over plan (hard for most of us, I know). The best part about going solo is doing exactly what you want. Unless there's somewhere very specific you want to dine or a ride to plan around I wouldn't make any moves ahead of time and see what you feel like doing once you're there. This is all about you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter