First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise Take Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
And is there going to be a huge line that I will have to wait in....might it be worth the $75(?) dollars to park at the port and not deal with the hullabaloo?

I plan to rent and park....Since the trip is so short its a small expense for the time I'll save. The vacation is already pretty expensive so a few extra bucks is worth it for such a short trip.

Welcome to the insanity!!!

And you didn't miss much on the other thread...mostly fluff...and Don's 4 or 5 wives...and hawt people will be on this cruise...:dance3:

Was it 4..or 5. Actually I think I only have 2 or 3 that still claim me.

We are doing a 1 day rental picking up at MCO on Sat, dropping off on Sunday for $40. We'll then pick up a car on Thurs and drop it at MCO on Sunday. For us I think that would be the easiest, least expensive route. :goodvibes

FYI, Don't use National Rental in Cocoa Beach. We had a not so fun experiance with them. We had to take a cab to get back the agency and when we arrived it wasn't open. Also, we reserved a car seat and they didn't have it. It was a real "fly by night" operation.

I'm leaving for the airport in an hour. I'll try to check in here to see if there are any real cruise questions but if you don't hear back from me in a while, feel free to email me your question. I doubt I'll keep up with that other thread :rolleyes1

Bye everyone! See some of you on the 13th!
Have a great time Tracy. :goodvibes

I guess its okay for me to jump ship now :)

Let the record show I followed directions for once!

Have fun Tracy, take lots of photos so us homebodies can see that action.

Brown Noser. :rolleyes1
FYI, Don't use National Rental in Cocoa Beach. We had a not so fun experience with them. We had to take a cab to get back the agency and when we arrived it wasn't open. Also, we reserved a car seat and they didn't have it. It was a real "fly by night" operation.

Thanks for the info. We'll skip National. We currently have a car from Budget. But, I'm always looking for a better deal. :thumbsup2

Have a great time Tracy! You will be missed and you will come back to probably 100 pages.....:lmao:

so here's another cruise related question- what time are most folks planning to leave the Dolphin/Orlando for the port (if you have a car)? 10am? 9am? Is there a caravan?

Have a great time Tracy! You will be missed and you will come back to probably 100 pages.....:lmao:

so here's another cruise related question- what time are most folks planning to leave the Dolphin/Orlando for the port (if you have a car)? 10am? 9am? Is there a caravan?

I'd like to know as well - if we get there early, are we just going to be standing around before we are allowed on the ship?

I'd like to know as well - if we get there early, are we just going to be standing around before we are allowed on the ship?

If memory serves I think the parking lot opens at 10am? Someone will correct me I'm sure. I was actually there 10 mins before opening and had to wait in my car. The hold some cars in the lot across the street before letting them park. Then we checked in and waiting to board in the terminal. They have TVs and couches and we needed to check our kids in etc. It was a few hours, but not too bad. If you don't want to sit around waiting then I would come later. The only thing you'll miss is getting on board early when you can't even get into your room yet. We went swimming and had to wait to get into our room till 4 (I think) again someone will come along and correct my times I'm sure.

I have a question that I figured all you DCL veterans can help me with. I am going to be flying into Orlando on Saturday May 9th and will have a rental car from Budget. I was looking at ways to get to the port and came up with 3 options.

I could return the car to Orlando Airport and take DCL transportation to the port from the airport.

I could return the car to Melbourne airport and just take a taxi to the port. It is about 30 miles.

I could return the car to the Cape Canaveral office of Budget and take the taxi to the port, it is only about 3 miles. The only reason I would even think about the second option over this one is I’m not sure how easy it will be to get a taxi at this location to the port. Of the 3 options this one is the one that makes the most sense to me.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I have a question that I figured all you DCL veterans can help me with. I am going to be flying into Orlando on Saturday May 9th and will have a rental car from Budget. I was looking at ways to get to the port and came up with 3 options.

I could return the car to Orlando Airport and take DCL transportation to the port from the airport.

I could return the car to Melbourne airport and just take a taxi to the port. It is about 30 miles.

I could return the car to the Cape Canaveral office of Budget and take the taxi to the port, it is only about 3 miles. The only reason I would even think about the second option over this one is I’m not sure how easy it will be to get a taxi at this location to the port. Of the 3 options this one is the one that makes the most sense to me.

You might want to call the Budget Office directly in Cape Canaveral, but they should have a shuttle running from the office to the port. I know that Avis and Hertz do. It will save you time and cab fare.

does Budget not have a shuttle from their location to the port? I believe Hertz does- we are getting the car at MCO, then driving it to the port and dropping it off at hertz and shuttling over to check in for the cruise.

So is anyone going in the parks on Saturday before the cruise? I think we are going to buy just a one day ticket for MK- where's the cheapest deal online for a one day? We have breakfast at Kona already reserved for Sat am before the MK (doing the KTTK tour that am) and Boma for the night before too!

it's never too early to plan, right?

I'm not a huge fan of hurrying to wait. If they don't let people start parking until 10, I am most definitely not going to show up before then. I was thinking of leaving the Dolphin around 9:30. I don't need to be the first one on the ship, I would rather enjoy my vacation than worry about getting up at dawn and rushing at breakneck speed to get to the terminal to wait for it to open to wait to board the ship. I think as long as I get there prior to the DCL transfer buses, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter