First cruise nerves

NUHuskies#1

My kids speak in COD code.. I don't know what it m
Hi there,
We’re booked on RCL IOTS in June 2022 to the Bahamas, So excited but I’m a newbie to cruising. Started making some itinerary plans today and noticed that our balcony cabin is on deck ten almost right below the pool area which is above us on deck eleven. Is this going to be a very noisy spot if we’re out on our balcony? Oh no! Should I change cabins?
TIA to all you expert sailors

Hi there,
We’re booked on RCL IOTS in June 2022 to the Bahamas, So excited but I’m a newbie to cruising. Started making some itinerary plans today and noticed that our balcony cabin is on deck ten almost right below the pool area which is above us on deck eleven. Is this going to be a very noisy spot if we’re out on our balcony? Oh no! Should I change cabins?
TIA to all you expert sailors
You might hear some noise while out on your balcony and you might hear some noise from the ceiling when the crew moves deck chairs around. BUT...
1) Are there other cabins in your class available to move to? If not, just accept it, and make the best of it.
2) Are there other benefits to your cabin location (near stairs/elevators, "hump" cabin, near others in traveling party, etc)? That may override any possible inconvenience.

If there's nowhere I'd want to move to, I wouldn't worry about the noise.

Thanks so much for your response. I looked again at the deck plan and I think we may be ok. We're AFT and more toward the SPA area and stairway.

I'll be honest - when you're one deck below the pool you will hear activity during the day. Less noisy at night, so shouldn't be an issue when you're trying to sleep. Still, if you can get a cabin in the same location but on a lower deck, I'd probably go for it.

Are you on the port or starboard side? Port side by the pool has (or at least had) a smoking area. If you're midship-portside you may catch whiffs of smoke.

Also, there are many YouTubers (RC Blog, LaLidoLoca, ShipLife, etc) vlogging from Wonder of the Seas right now. Might be worth your time to watch one of their livestreams from day 1 or 2 to get an idea of what to expect when you board.

We are actually forward on the ship one deck below the spa on the Independence of the seas. Gonna go with the flow and hope for the best.

Based on deck plans, and using location of elevators and stairs for reference, it looks like there are cabins on Deck 11 over the cabins on Deck 10.

Bon Voyage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter