First Chilly Trip Report 4th - 7th Jan 09 Day 2 SNOW!

Feenies

Earning My Ears
Day 2

We all a fairly good night's sleep we were exhausted from travelling and getting so much done on our 1st night. It was such a treat to see the snow falling outside and manged to make the kids even more excited (if possible!)
We decided to give the EMH a whirl, a major tip to anyone staying on Admiral's Floor at NBC spend the extra €10 to have your breakfast in your room. We did this every day and it was the best €30 I ever spent. We just put our order on the door the night before and the next day a smiley happy French lady would arrive at our chosen time with our food! No queueing, no hassle, no wasting time and you could put any leftovers in your bag for the day without looking to see who was watching you, it really made a difference to us and meant we could get dressed into all our thermal stuff and head straight out. I'll stop now it really was so easy tho and highly recommended.
Anyway, off the Fantasyland arrived 9am and managed a couple of go's on Peter Pan, Teacups, Carousel and as we were heading out my DH noticed Dumbo starting up so we managed to get on it in heavy snowfall! I notice from other TR's it seemed to be one of the rides affected by the weather we were lucky to get on. We had a mooch around the castle and shops (I spied a nice Tinkerbell hoodie for €39 and thought of treating myself before we left....thankfully I didn't get it then as a sale started on selected stuff throughout the shops on Wednesday and I got it for €20!!!) then headed over to see what BTM was like and it was also closed I was told the chains were frozen. We managed to get down to Mickey's Winter Wonderland Show which was just lovely, my DD loved it.
We went across to Woody's Roundup in the hope of seeing the man himself and Jesse but no luck. I asked every CM there and no-one was able to tell me when / where we could see them?? We didn't go to see Santa but there was a decent queue.
After this we headed back to the hotel for a rest and a thaw out.
It was a major job to get everyone motivated to go out again in the snow but we did and headed to WDS which we didn't visit on our last trip in 2006. Found it so small compared to DP but easy to get around. With the weather being so bad everything was quiet except for Crush which we decided to leave til the next day. We did Carpets in the snow (very cold!) and went on Cars lots of times this proved a huge hit with my DS, it is great fun. Next it was Animaque and Stitch Live which were really good and managed photo ops with Mickey and Pluto.
At this stage it was time for our reservation at Cafe Mickey which I was a bit worried about having read some posts but it was just as good as it was in 2006. We were out in the conservatory as I call it but still got the attention from all the characters Mickey, Friar Tuck, Sheriff, Baloo and Goofy. We were there for the staff dancing which was great fun.
Headed back to the hotel and we were ALL asleep by 8.30pm. I'd sent my DH to the train station for a bottle of wine for the room which we intended drinking when the kids were asleep.......it was still unopened when we left we fell asleep with the kids every night!!

great second day. i really hope dumbo is working while i am there ash loves it. we fall asleep early after a day in the parks as well

Great day - we didn't manage to see Jessie or Woody this time. Well we did, but we were on the train at the time!

Sounds like you still managed to get a fair bit done despite the freeezing conditions!:)

Another great & busy day despite the weather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter