Fireworks in July Question

714atuf

Earning My Ears
I have read different things about the fireworks. Some threads say that they are mostly at ground level, some say they are in both parks simultaneously.

What is the real scoop and where is the best place to view them?

In the past,on the 4th of July they have set off simultaneous fireworks at IOA, US, and City Walk. They were SPECTACULAR! After the 4th, US and IOA have each had separate fireworks displays. You can see the high ones from HRH and RPR, but there are some GREAT ground level effects to be seen around the lagoons.

You may have read other posts (including mine) that were referring to the regular nightly fireworks that are at IOA. US doesn't have them every night, but IOA does. I've never been there over 4th of July.

The nightly fireworks in July at IOA are a combination of both ground level fireworks display and the traditional over the tree top kind. I think it is a story they are trying to tell. Someone help me here.

I'll be spending 7/4 at RPR with my mom who has limited mobility. Assuming that we will be able to talk RPR out of the best room to view fireworks, what room would you ask for?

Barbara, that's what we found out after we had our bad view of the few you could see over the trees. It's something about a battle, but I don't know what exactly. I remember someone on these boards doing a nice description of the story a while back.

Also, I see by your countdown clock that you'll be arriving around the same time as us. Our arrival day changed to July 18th instead of 17th AFTER I did the timer and now I don't know how to change it! Anyway, I also see that you live in NJ and we live in DE. Are you flying down? It would be funny if we ended up on the same flight! Ours is out of Philly @8am on the 18th.

Eclpz314 - My DH refuses to fly. I would in a heart beat! I guess we can have that family bonding as we all drive down to FLA together! The thrill of stopping at South of the Border!

We've been there/done that too. The last time we went to WDW and I convinced dh to stay late to watch fireworks. We made sure we had reservations at a hotel about 1 1/2 hrs away from the traffic "to get an early start on heading home". Pulled in about 1:30 am to check in and the clerk (through bullet proof glass window) said "you're in your room" Turned out they had rerented our room and we had to drive to find somewhere else to stay w/ 3 kids in tow. Flying doesn't seem so bad to dh now;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter