Firefox Browser may not work with Member Web Site

Wouldn't it be a better to ask what the cost of supporting those users via phone and snail mail would be, then compare that to the cost of supporting their browsers?

I don't think that is necessary as they are not supporting users of web browsers other then IE. If MS is saying the anything but IE isn't supported, that another browser might or might not work, they have removed the burden from themselves to the end user so there is no support.

-Matt

I don't think that is necessary as they are not supporting users of web browsers other then IE. If MS is saying the anything but IE isn't supported, that another browser might or might not work, they have removed the burden from themselves to the end user so there is no support.

-Matt

I'm sorry, I didn't write that clearly!

What I meant to say was that it might be more accurate to compare the cost of making the site work with each additional browser beyond IE with the cost of providing answers about people's DVC memberships via telephone and snail mail.

In other words, if I (a Mac user with no access to a current version of Internet Explorer) have to call MS every time I have a simple query as to the number of points I have on hand or in the bank, there's a cost associated with that. If I can do it online, it might cost less.

If it doesn't cost less to offer these services online, then perhaps they should look at whether there should be a website at all.

I'm sorry, I didn't write that clearly!

What I meant to say was that it might be more accurate to compare the cost of making the site work with each additional browser beyond IE with the cost of providing answers about people's DVC memberships via telephone and snail mail.

In other words, if I (a Mac user with no access to a current version of Internet Explorer) have to call MS every time I have a simple query as to the number of points I have on hand or in the bank, there's a cost associated with that. If I can do it online, it might cost less.

If it doesn't cost less to offer these services online, then perhaps they should look at whether there should be a website at all.

Ah, now I understand and I agree with you on that. :thumbsup2

But I really don't think that there is an issue with using FF. There are no special ActiveX or other add-ons with the site that would make it IE exclusive. Users need to make sure they stay current with the new versions and revisions of FF. Anytime you have an issue, with any website, clear out the cache, cookies and history.

-Matt

Ah, now I understand and I agree with you on that. :thumbsup2

But I really don't think that there is an issue with using FF. There are no special ActiveX or other add-ons with the site that would make it IE exclusive. Users need to make sure they stay current with the new versions and revisions of FF. Anytime you have an issue, with any website, clear out the cache, cookies and history.

Definitely!

It's a question of usability. It doesn't cost more money to ensure that your web development staff creates a website that is usable by more than 70% of the market. If you build in standards for accessibility and check out the product on all platforms before releasing it to the public, support for Opera is exactly the same as support for IE.

Sorry! I get a little het up about website accessibility. One of my tasks at work is to oversee delivery of an online product developed by our main training organization to my customer. Our customer is primarily made up of Unix users on Sun and SGI boxes, but the main group deals mostly with PC users. I had to make more than one bullying phone call about accessibility. As a result, lack of compatibility makes me a little nuts.

For some yet to be determined reason, I can access the site only when using Firefox. IE doesn't work. :confused3

I haven't been able to get IE to work for some time ( MSN Browser either).

I have cleared and reset things and still nothing I get the login page with nothing ( DVC Header) on top of ther login page . Then when I log in it's just blank with a Done showing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter