Finding the real me in this body

This weightloss journey is just that - a long jouney. The weight did not go on overnight and it really won't come off overnight either. You ARE making progress (your clothes fit better/looser.) Hang in there! It seems like forever, but every little thing you do will help you to eventually acheive your goal. Great job staying out of the kitchen when you were feeling down earlier. That was a huge step.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: . I hope you are feeling better soon. Didn't your son have strep earlier? If you are running a fever with that sore throat, you need to get to a dr. Strep won't go away without antibiotics. Great job sticking with healthy eating even when you are not feeling up to par. :thumbsup2

Today is february 27th. I have been on my low carb diet since January 1st, almost 2 months. No cheats except for a few glasses of wine a few weeks ago. I'm down a size. Things are fitting much better. No one really has said anything. Sometimes I wonder if anyone even notices. I was just soo big before and I hid it well. Maybe that is why no one seems to notice. I am eating much less. I really cut back on lunch. Now I really don't get hungry at lunch time anymore.

I now have 6 weeks until my family reunion. How much weight can I lose in 6 weeks? I just want to look good. I don't want to be the fat one. I want to feel good about the way I look.

I have to start walking.

Hang in there! I lost 37 lbs on WW a few years ago and NO ONE noticed! I went with a friend who was much taller who lost 15 and EVERYONE noticed her loss! It's just not fair!!

You're doing an AWESOME job with the food!

Your BP is still high, but it is also usually higher when you are getting sick.
Also, have you had a Dr. check your BP machine?? I bought one that was WAY off once. My current one is checked by a Dr. about 1x/year and runs consistently about 5 pts high top & bottom.

Hope you have a good rest of the week!

Congrats on staying on track for two months!:banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: That is such a wonderful achievement. You should be really, really proud of yourself. You have really made a lifestyle change :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: . I'll bet when you go to your family reunion people will notice your loss. When people see you everyday they may not notice the gradual changes. Those that haven't seen you since Christmas will see a change. Hang in there :banana:

We are in a new month now. So It's been 2 months and 2 days! I finally started walking!

Today I'm wearing a Mickey sweatshirt that I haven't fit in for years. The sweatshirt fits perfect with plenty of extra room. It is a great feeling. I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe, but it's just my old clothes that are fitting again.

As far as the food plan goes, I have to go shopping again. I am out on almost everything. There is plenty of every type of food for the kids, but nothing for my low carb diet.
Yesterday I had a small salad for dinner with a few small pieces of chicken that I had cut up into the salad. I was really hungery about two hours later, but there was nothing to eat. So I went to bed. This morning for breafast I ate the last egg. So I will be off to the grocery store to buy plenty of my low carb food. It is such a big help to have foods handy whenever you are hungry. It really helps keep me on track.

On my family reunoin, it's been 5 years since I have seen most of these people. This is now going to be a yearly event. I want to look and feel my best. This event is 6 weeks away. I will be happy with going down a size.

My blood pressure still worries me. I had been sick, maybe that did raise it some. I haven't been to the doctors. I have been checking the BP on my own. I really need to see a doctor. I thought the low carb would control my BP but it hasn't so far. Maybe the walking will help. I'm trying to deal with stress better. My BIL and nieces problems are not consuming me anymore. BIL was in jail for breaking into someones house. He was in a lunatic's rage when he did it. They put him away a few months ago. Yesterday my son said he saw him at the video store. So I guess he is back out. I just plan to keep my distance.

I'm still going strong on my food plan. Yesterday, I purchased a large strawberry cheesecake for a friend's birthday in work. I did not eat any. Next week is my DS10's birthday. We are having Icecream cake, again the strawberry cheesecake & pizza. I have to try my best not to give in.

I've had little projects to keep me busy. That has curbed my eating out of bordom. I've been busy with DS10's basketball. They are starting the tornament next week. DS4 is starting T-ball. I've been busy with little league meetings. I'm also searching for a pre-k for DS4. He needs full day pre-k, and I will have to pay $$$. I'm torn over if I should keep him in his current day care, 3 days a week all year long for about $5200. Or switch him to DS10's catholic school which will cost me $3400 for 5 full days Sept-June. I really want to go with the $3400. The school for $5200, I can withdrawl him from at anytime if I can't afford it (like if something happens that changes our ability to pay). The $3400 catholic school I would be obligated to pay. I wish our township had an all day free pre-k.

I've had some problems since Monday night. First, a co worker passed away from Cancer. Not the one with Lymphoma, this woman found out she had ovarian cancer about 4 years ago. She lost her battle, and man was it ever a battle for her. The viewing was Monday night. I left directly from work with a friend to go to the viewing. We stopped at a place in Medford NJ called Bradocks Tavern. I had a Crab cake and a cheese pie thing that was great. Not low carb though.
I did really good Tuesday, back on plan. Then yesterday was DS11 birthday. I really felt shakey all day. I went off the diet big time. I ate cookies, pizza, cheesecake & icecream. They were small pieces but I am in shock that I ate all that food! I feel sick today, my stomach hurts. After not having carbs for 2 & 1/2 months I went carb crazy. The worse part is, being so used to low carb, I sort of lost my taste for carb heavy foods. It all didn't taste as good as I thought it would. It was just too heavy. I am back on the plan today and really focusing on my family reunion that is 1 month away. I skipped breakfast because my stomach is still upset. I couldn't even drink coffee this morning. I'm going to have noodleless chicken soup for lunch. Dinner is still up in the air.

I now need to put myself on the fast track for weight loss, for the next month. My plan will be to walk, I'll try for everyday. I'll also drink plenty of water, cut back on coffee, eat salads & take vitamins.

Hi there,

No need to stress over the splurge you had yesterday....today is a new day and you can start over. That is the great thing!!! You know now what not to do next time since your tummy is upset.

You are doing great though....someone will notice the weight loss. I've noticed that people see it, but are too afraid to say something. At least that is how they were with me. I had someone tell me that they were afraid that it would upset me if they mentioned it. Not sure why it would but they were afraid.

Keep doing what you are doing and yo will make your goal!!

Have a great day :)

Hi Deelam, I was reading a bit of your journal, and just want to say congrats on your weight loss to date and much luck to you as you continue your journey! I see you were at Braddock's Tavern. It really is a small world...that's where we had our daughter's wedding reception.

Have a healthy, happy weekend! Denise

Hi Deelam, I was reading a bit of your journal, and just want to say congrats on your weight loss to date and much luck to you as you continue your journey! I see you were at Braddock's Tavern. It really is a small world...that's where we had our daughter's wedding reception.

Have a healthy, happy weekend! Denise

Thanks Denise...
It is a small world! A big Hello to a fellow South Jersey person! Bradocks is a really nice place. A little $$$ but you have to treat yourself to something nice every now and then. I bet it was a wonderful place for a wedding reception.

Eyeore25...After 2 months of low carb you would think someone would notice. I know that I lost weight, because I fit in a smaller size. Even the smaller size is getting big. Who knows why. But it is nice to hear the encouragement here.

Don't stress over the splurge. Life happens & you're in this FOR life!!!

Walking should help your blood pressure a lot - or at least it has for several people I know. If not, the meds aren't the worst thing in the world and you do want to stay healthy.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Hang in there! Even if others don't notice your loss, you are still a BIG winner!!

Thanks for the kind words. It really wasn't a great weekend. There was allot of stress and my eating choices went downhill last night. It started Friday night with an ice storm in NJ. It took me 2 hours to drive 13 miles to get home from work. Then Saturday, My aunt, who is very old, had a heart attack. It was major and she is not expected to live. They tried to take her off of the breathing machine yesterday. When they did her lungs filled up with fluid, so they put her back on the respirator. I went to see her last night. It was very difficult. This Aunt has been like a Grandmom to me. The only thing is we all realize that she is old and it is her time. When I got home last night from the hospital, I ate a big piece of Strawberry cheesecake. I really must be a stress eater. I am back on program today again. I really feel better when I stay low carb. I plan to stay on a healthy diet. I really can't stand the bloated feeling from eating carb heavy foods.

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt....keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Don't worry about what you ate this weekend, with the stress you are under, the last thing you need to worry about is your food. Today is a new day and you can start over.

Keep your head up.

I have been eating healthy since I slipped on Sunday. I feel much better with low carb foods. Yesterday I had ham & cabbage. It was so good. Today will be a very busy day. I have work until 4, then I rush to the hairdresser. Then I have to go to DS11 & DS4 school for CAP training. To get access to go on school trips or be around the kids at all, you must get fingerprinted, have a background check done and go to the training seesions. I'll be so busy tonight. I won't be able to eat dinner until after 8.
My Aunt is still in the hospital. It is still very grim. She has congestive heart failure, and whenever they remove the respirator her lungs fill with fluid. She had a major heart attack. The Doctors were talking to my cousins about taking her off of the respirator and making her comfortable. One cousin just isn't ready yet. So my Aunt is hanging on.

Good for you getting back on track with healthy eating. :cheer2: That takes a lot of control with everything you have going on right now. Give yourself a pat on the back. So sorry to hear about your aunt. Your family is in my thoughts.

Hi there,

Good for you for getting back on track after your mishap.

Hope all is well....

Keep up the good work

I am still on track. I have been walking for 30 minutes a day during my lunch hour. It not a long time, but my lunch hour is the best time for me.

I love the feeling of being on track. My clothes look better, I'm down about 2 sizes. I am an apple shape, so my clothes always get very loose in the hips, but yet not around the tummy. But I really do look so much better.

My family reunion is about 3 weeks away. I feel okay about the way I look. That is a big step for me. I still haven't gotten on a scale, but going my what size I am wearing I had to have lost at least 20lbs.

I took my BP yesterday and it is lower. It is still considered high. It was 149 over 100. This is so much better the 220 over 115, or the more recent 175 over 110. My plan is to walk and eat right to get the BP under 140 over 90.

So my next goal is to get to a healthy BP and a healthly weight for summer. I want to be down 1 size by June. This is my mini goal. My big goal is still my Disney vacation (Birthday Vacation) in October. I want to look and feel good and I plan to get plenty of family pitures with me in them.

Great job getting the walks in. I'm sure that is helping your BP along with your healthy eating. Congrats on going down two sizes also. That must feel wonderful! :banana: :banana: :banana: I'm "pear" shaped (big butt & thighs). The waist (and top - sigh!) on clothes always gets loose on me long before the hips :sad2:

You have great mini & long term goals! You are really doing great!

Have a wonderful day!

Way to go on getting your walks in. 30 minutes is great.....don't think that it is bad. You are doing great.

Good to hear that your BP is lower.....all your hard work is paying off.

Keep it up and you will make your goal!

My Aunt passed away this past weekend. Her heart just gave out. She had been on a respirator for 2 weeks. Her heart was too week, she couldn't recover. She did live a very long life, and it was a good life. The Funeral is tomorrow.
I'm still walking and it feels so good to walk. I had a few little slip ups this weekend. I ate cotton candy & ice cream. That was Saturday. Sunday I went back on the healthy eating plan. For the luncheon after the funeral tomorrow, I will try to eat a little sensable, but I already know that I may slip up.
The main thing is that I get right back on track after I slip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter