Finally DVC Members now looking to add direct

hungrydonut

Earning My Ears
We finally purchased DVC via resale and would like to add a small contract direct at BWV. When we called DVC told us it would be months. What are your experience? I was told there is a long list on the waitlist for our use year. It’s been two weeks and I’m not patient enough and I want to call and ask where I am on the list. Has anyone had to wait a super long time for their preferred resort? I though the resale process was long o_O

We just completed a resale purchase at BWV with June use year. Called and had 25 direct points in our account the next day. Probably depends on use year but my experience was super easy and immediate.

We just completed a resale purchase at BWV with June use year. Called and had 25 direct points in our account the next day. Probably depends on use year but my experience was super easy and immediate.

Wow that is super nice. We’re looking for Feb. I wonder if Feb is in that much demand?

Bug your guide.

I'm serious.

Call every other day. It's not worth his while to sell you 25 points at a legacy resort except to make you quit calling.

It's not like you're bothering him at work. HIS JOB is to take your calls.

He was super nice and even welcomed me to the family. Also sent me a welcome email with a link to get a DVC membership card which of course doesn’t work since I’m resale. I hate to bug him, but I might just have to!

I would keep calling and bugging as well. More people will be looking for Feb points as we get closer to the month, due to them having to pay less yearly dues when the purchase is so close. If you cannot get anything before Feb 1st, I bet a bunch of points will become available right after.

I would keep calling and bugging as well. More people will be looking for Feb points as we get closer to the month, due to them having to pay less yearly dues when the purchase is so close. If you cannot get anything before Feb 1st, I bet a bunch of points will become available right after.

Thanks! I might call Monday and see where I’m at in the list!!!

I realized it’s only been a week since I talked to our rep, so I chickened out!! But I’m going to call tomorrow, and try again!

If you ask where you are on the list, I'd ask how many points are being requested before you, not how many buyers. However, I don't know that that is really going to tell you anything anyway. It's impossible to know when / how many points they will get and when.

Good luck!

I'm on a waitlist for 25 SSR Feb use year. He said it could be anything from a few days to a couple of weeks.

Yea we got put on the waitlist for April OKW was told the same things few days to weeks

We just closed on a resale last week and I called Friday and had 25 direct BWV added that same day. March use year. I was surprised at how fast and was expecting a wait list.

We just closed on a resale last week and I called Friday and had 25 direct BWV added that same day. March use year. I was surprised at how fast and was expecting a wait list.
We were offered AKV and BWV as well as Poly and CCV for April use year but decided to wait for OKW.

I'm on the wait list for BLT. I was told the list is long and they have no idea how long it might take.

I'm on the wait list for BLT. I was told the list is long and they have no idea how long it might take.

What month are you? With so many units, I have to doubt their prediction unless it is some really rare UY.

That would not be too concerning to me then. Feb is by far the largest use month for them, with something like 37% of the total points. Yes, this would lead to more people looking to add direct, but also tons more ROFR and foreclosures to pick from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter