Filling out documents

jfis1020

Mrs. Preferred View
Now that we have the documents and are on the downhill slide, I have to consider filling all five sets out! I don't want to wait, and want to have them done long before we leave next week!

My question is............how much of these do I need to fill out?:confused:

You need to fill out one of each for everyone, with the exception of the stateroom account card. If everyone in your group will be charging to the same account, you only need to fill out one (per stateroom). I believe they need a complete Bahamas immigration form, passenger info form, transportation form, and signed cruise contract from each passenger.

If you look at the inside flap of the ducument holder, there should be a list of everything you need to have filled out and for whom.

I didn't even notice the "checklist"! You'd think I would have, but was so excited about what was inside that I overlooked it!

:rolleyes:

thanks!

I didn't even notice the "checklist"! You'd think I would have, but was so excited about what was inside that I overlooked it!

I've been on two cruises and I've never noticed the "checklist". I guess I'll have to check it out on my next cruise docs!

Originally posted by savs
If you look at the inside flap of the ducument holder, there should be a list of everything you need to have filled out and for whom.

They put your checklist on the INSIDE flap? Dopey must have put yours together.

Our checklist was a bright orange sticker attached to the outside of the box. You couldn't miss it.

There isn't a "checklist" per say, but a list in side the flap of list of items to fill out. No "dopey orange" checklist on the outside. A nice brown box with all the docs inside, that's all.:rolleyes:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to get my little brown treasure chests:earsgirl: :earsboy:

PLEASE fill them out before you get to Port Canaveral - it saves both you and the rest of the cruisers time!

They are very simple and easy to do, but if you have ever been behind a large family who hasn't done this.....well, you'd understand!!! We waited in line 30 minutes behind one family who (1) didn't have their docs filled, (2) didn't have the entire family together and had to go searching through the crowded terminal for people and (3) were Castaway Club members and should have known better!!!!

Maybe DCL needs a line for those who have completed documents and those who need assistance!

Rae

Thanks Rae.........I would never think about not being prepared! That's why I have "cruised" the boards for about a year preparing for the big day next week!

BTW...........both resident Hoosiers we are. Where are you? I am native, but noticed you aren't. Bet our "slow" ways drive you nuts! It does DH, who is a native Buckeye, but lived the "city" life of Cleveland and Cincinnati.

Looking forward to this cruise.........know I will be hooked as well!;)

Originally posted by jfis1020
BTW...........both resident Hoosiers we are. Where are you? I am native, but noticed you aren't. Bet our "slow" ways drive you nuts! It does DH, who is a native Buckeye, but lived the "city" life of Cleveland and Cincinnati.

Looking forward to this cruise.........know I will be hooked as well!;)

You sure hit the nail on the head! I am amazed still after all these years of being here (since 1984) that I can't adjust to it. And that the "old ways of doing things are still fine today" - I think that's what is causing the brain drain here - we have great colleges but lose our graduates to other states so easily!

I am hoping that you will enjoy your cruise as much as we have. It's a great vacation considering the most stressful part of the entire trip (for me) is the plane ride!! I love cruising and although have only used DCL - I am in no hurry to try anyothers, except HAL to Alaska with the DVC!

There are many good tips on the boards, our first two cruises we weren't part of it or even had the Passporter to help out. Both would have and definitely now have made a big difference for us.

We have 50 days til our next cruise, and just put our house on the market.....it's going to be a wild summer around here!

Blue skies, calm seas and much happiness!

Rae

Do you have to fill out the bahama form if you are going on the eastern or western. I thought maybe that form was only for the 3 or 4 day that stops in Nassau?

Originally posted by ohioMickey
They put your checklist on the INSIDE flap? Dopey must have put yours together.

Our checklist was a bright orange sticker attached to the outside of the box. You couldn't miss it.

I'm not sure who put our's together....but the orange sticker is only telling you about what to bring for Immigration Documents!!!

The inside flap says:

Helpful hints
Please complete the following:

(then it lists 1,2,3 &4 things to fill out)

Sorry guys I saw it because I have to read everything from cover to cover :)

Originally posted by savs
Helpful hints
Please complete the following:

(then it lists 1,2,3 &4 things to fill out)

Pulled out my cruise docs (from May's cruise)

savs has got it right. It then goes on to list what to fill out:

1. bahamas immigration form (1 per guest)
2. Embarkation form including emergency contact (1 per guest)
3. cruise contract (1 per guest)
4. payment authroization form (1 per stateroom) Please list all guests able to charge to your account and sign the form, even if paying by cash or check.

The big orange sticker on the front of ours (which probably covers up a really cool picture) says:

IMPORTANT IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTATION REMINDER

All US citizens MUST present one of the following as proof of US citizenship for each member of the party

1. valid US passport

2. certified birth certificate and a picture ID issued by local, state or federal gov't (for children under 18 only a valid birth certificate is required if traveling with parent/legal guardian)

3. certified naturalization certificate and a picture ID issued by local, state or federal gov't

HTH

And each member of the cruise party MUST be present at the DCL check in at the time of checking in.

Otherwise, everyone behind that group is delayed.

Yes, this is hard when children need the bathroom or see a character, but either do these before or after you get into a processing line.

A little foreplanning and consideration go a long way.

Been there, waited there

Rae

BD - Bad! Bad! BAD!
It's too early on a Saturday morning for you to be this naughty!
Roll over and go back to sleep!

Rae

Hey jfis1020!

Ignore these crazy jealous people (yes, BD I'm talking about you!). They're just jealous because it is our turn to get all crazy as we countdown to our embarkation.

Now if that port cam would just turn to the Magic!

Deb

HEY RAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have 50 days til our next cruise, and just put our house on the market.....it's going to be a wild summer around here!

Are you returning to New York??? Or moving further inland so your future grandkids can marry one another???...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter