Fill Up Asap

We just drove thru town,, our gas went from 3.34 to 3.99 and is still rising.
Diesel is rising , yesterday it was 3.88 and today is 4.59.

Isn't that price gouging? :confused3 Somebody needs to do something. How than they raise the prices BEFORE the supply is affected. I know free enterprise is supply and demand, but if the demand is due to an emergency, isn't there a federal law that prevents the prices being raised?

This gas thing is so sick. I hope that congress will wake up and do something. I, for one, can find better things to spend my money on. Luckily, I am a homebody and only go to church on Sunday and groceries on Tuesday. Other than that, I am home. A tank of gas generally lasts me a month. I haven't filled up since the Gustav scare and still have 3/4 a tank.

Isn't that price gouging? :confused3 Somebody needs to do something. How than they raise the prices BEFORE the supply is affected. I know free enterprise is supply and demand, but if the demand is due to an emergency, isn't there a federal law that prevents the prices being raised?

This gas thing is so sick. I hope that congress will wake up and do something. I, for one, can find better things to spend my money on. Luckily, I am a homebody and only go to church on Sunday and groceries on Tuesday. Other than that, I am home. A tank of gas generally lasts me a month. I haven't filled up since the Gustav scare and still have 3/4 a tank.

My DH heard on the radio that they were going to investigate some of the stations around here for price gouging. I remember there being charges against some a few years ago.

I just came from charlotte and a few gas stations had gas at 5.00 a gallon with a 10 gallon limit per car...are they crazy :scared1:

I just got gas in my area and it was 4.79

My FIL said that a station here went from about $3.69 premium to $4.39. :scared1: That is quite an increase.

The same station that had $5.20 posted earlier now says $4.51! :confused: Most other stations say $4.05 at the moment.....:confused3

today our BP shot up 40 cents... QT is at 3.69 and we are in the middle of the US with refinery's in Illinois so what gives?:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

there goes the extra $ i was hoping to use to upgrade to hoppers w no expiration...:headache:

Our sorry gov hasn't said crap about this. It is criminal, don't even know if there will be much damage to the wells. Where is the gov oversight. Oh i almost forgot GWB is an oil man isn't he. I guess since he is almost done he needs the money for his retirement. We need to vote everyone one of them bums out of office. They are out of touch with the people. Talking about need for revolution. Man

In fact it might still be going down. On 8 Sept the Pilot in Harrisburg, Pa had diesel for 399.9 and this A.M. it's down to 392.9. Many the Texas refineries don't process that much diesel, but mainly gas.

Larry
Did not know that.

Whats crazy is that the storm is here and fuel has stayed about the same price.

over $5!! That is nuts, I feel for you all

luckily here in Gainesville it has only gone up a cent or 2 :confused3

I am surprised that Florida hasn't been affected by this, typically FL gas always goes up with events like this :confused3

Our local gas stations went up from 3.59 a gallon to 4.34 a gallon some as high as 4.51 a gallon....

According to the MyFoxTampaBay website this morning.... the Flying J next to Lazy Days is $4.59/gallon!!!:eek: That can't be right because all other stations in Tampa are $3.50 - $3.79 a gallon.

According to the MyFoxTampaBay website this morning.... the Flying J next to Lazy Days is $4.59/gallon!!!:eek: That can't be right because all other stations in Tampa are $3.50 - $3.79 a gallon.

No, that's totally possible, based on the pricing set by the company headquarters. Our local news was showing a Kangaroo station that still had prices from 3 days ago with a line 100 cars long, and next door the Shell had prices $1.28 more! Not much of a line at the Shell! But while the news crew was there the Kangaroo ran out of gas... so $4.90 at the Shell probably started getting some buyers.

Well, well, well!! Florida State Governor, Charlie Crist, is going to be looking into the gas price increases here in the Sunshine State!!! He claims there is no reason for price increasing in Florida due to the fact that the refineries that ship fuel to Florida are located in Mississippi & Louisiana, and are not being impacted by Ike. He claims the Texas refineries ship fuel to the western states. Interesting!!

The local Fox station in Tampa did in fact show the $4.59 gas at the Flying J on their morning show today. Then they cut away to the interview with Governor Crist. Very interesting, indeed!!!

We haven't seen much of an increase around here, maybe a dime or so the past few days. I was expecting worse, but even with Ike bearing down yesterday, the radio news was saying that crude prices were dropping a bit. I took that to mean the traders don't expect Ike to cut the feet out from under the producers too bad.

The local news here in Raleigh showed one station in the area with $5.49 for regular... but I don't think that is typical ($4.19 is more typical!)

549.jpg

Glad to report that someone took a pic of the gas station that had regular posted at $5.20 yesterday...they just showed in on CNN!! ha This was Ingles in Cumming GA...yet one mile away it's still $4.02. Hmmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter