Few kids' club questions...

Luckymommyx2

Wishing you a magical day
Hopefully these haven't been asked before, or at least in a very long time. Here it goes...

1) Are the 3-4 and 5-7 yr olds in the same area, just doing different activities?

2) How cold are the kids' club? Will they need a light sweater?

3) Can you check the kids in and out of the club on Castaway Cay? My husband and I would like some alone time and some family time both.

4) When they take the kids up to Beach Blanket/Topsiders for the buffet, do they help the kids get something to eat and carry it to the tables? How does that work?

I'm not sure what to do with my 4 & 5 yr olds. The only time they are separated is when my daughter takes ballet which is only an hour once a week. I figure if they can at least see one another in the clubs maybe they would be okay. My son gets very insecure without his "big" sis around. I've also thought about trying to get them in the same age group. Any thoughts or help to the questions would be appreciated. THANKS! :)

Great questions LuckyMommy,

I too am interested in any info. and feedback about the kids clubs for this age group! DS is 5. I had considered starting him out with the younger group for the very first day, and then changing him into the 5-7 after that. (depending on the activity schedule) I know that they will not want to change kids back and forth, which means un-registering, then re-registering new age group, new armband, etc...

I have heard that with the younger kids that they do indeed prepare the trays and set the kids up at the table..... I had asked that question before, and got very positive feedback! Anybody else here with details?

I have also heard that you can indeed check your child(ren) in and out of Monstro's Point on CC... Seems like they set up with computers somehow????

Also, what are good tips from you other parents out there!!! What activities did your kids love. etc...

Thanks!

1) Are the 3-4 and 5-7 yr olds in the same area, just doing different activities?

They will be broken into the two different age groups for certain activities. If you check Barb's old nagivgators at her website, www.castawayclub.com , that would give you some type of idea on how much they'll be apart.

2) How cold are the kids' club? Will they need a light sweater?

DD has never needed a sweater. Just another thing for her to use. What you could do is bring one with and if you children get cold, they can just page you .

3) Can you check the kids in and out of the club on Castaway Cay? My husband and I would like some alone time and some family time both.

The kids can be checked-in and out as many times as you (or the kids) want to be checked in and out including at Castaway Cay.

4) When they take the kids up to Beach Blanket/Topsiders for the buffet, do they help the kids get something to eat and carry it to the tables? How does that work?

I also had this question before our first cruise. I couldn't imagine DD (3 then) carrying a tray and putting food on it. What they do is the trays are already set up. The counselors go around asking who wants more fruit, hot dogs, etc. and they give the kids 2nds and 3rds on what they want. No tray carrying or serving themselves.

Thank you for the quick replies! I know I'll have tons of questions the closer I get. I'm still not sure if I'm going to seperate my kids in the correct age groups or try to keep them together. I'm going to have to play that by ear. Thanks again...any further feedback is appreciated!

Wishing on a star...that countdown timer keeps looking better and better!! ;)

I only wish I could answer your questions... our 3yo DS would NOT stay in the clubs and towards the end of the cruise would freak if we went anywhere near it (to check on older DS in the lab).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter