Festival of Arts 2023

It's my first time at this festival. Tell me what you love. What should I not miss?

We love going to the Disney on Broadway concerts and, of course, eating the food (which is tasty AND pretty...lol)

I love doing the scavenger hunts and just meandering through all of the artwork booths.

Attachments

• FOA7.jpg
    FOA7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 28
  • FOA5.jpg
    FOA5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 25
  • FOA6.jpg
    FOA6.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 25
  • FOA4.jpg
    FOA4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 21
  • FOA3.jpg
    FOA3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 21
  • FOA2.jpg
    FOA2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 21
  • FOA1.jpg
    FOA1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Tinkerbell.jpg
    Tinkerbell.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

We've not done this festival yet but are planning on January 2023. We are coming down for a couple days to go to the Tampa RV show also. Wonders what the best day to go is. We will be there Fri-Sun. 1/20-1/22. Is Friday better than Saturday?? Crowds??

Well, it's not like the Food and Wine festival, where Saturday is crazy busy so you'd definitely choose Friday (why is everything suddenly darker print?). Anyways, I'll be there that same time, and I'll do Friday, rather than Saturday, mostly out of habit. I'm just used to avoiding Epcot on Saturdays during festivals.

It's definitely my favorite festival. I follow a lot of Disney artists on Instagram, and I can't wait until they start teasing their new pieces that will be on sale.

In addition to the booths and all the artwork you can see, I enjoyed the Ink and Paint workshop that I did in 2020. We got a cell with Donald Duck on it and then we got to paint him in. Super cool. The Broadway concerts are also the best concert lineup of any festival they have, in my opinion. The quality of the performers is just top notch. I have my favorites (Ashley Brown, Gavin Lee) but you really can't miss.

So, I’m intrigued by this festival but also don’t like the idea of a January/February trip. I went in March this year and while the temperatures were fine, the cloudy skies were kind of a bummer. On the other hand, the drawing classes look neat. For people who have done those, was it hard to draw without a table to sit at?

So, I’m intrigued by this festival but also don’t like the idea of a January/February trip. I went in March this year and while the temperatures were fine, the cloudy skies were kind of a bummer. On the other hand, the drawing classes look neat. For people who have done those, was it hard to draw without a table to sit at?
I always go in February. My last trip was in Feb 2022 (going again in Feb 2023). The weather was great. sunny most days, only one day rained and it was mild rain.
Temperature in low to high 60s. One day was 70s.perfect for me

Hooray! I've hit the Ashley Brown/Josh Strickland concerts! Ashley Brown is an absolute favorite of mine. I can't wait.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw it's the 2022 calendar that they still have up. I guess I'm still waiting for the concert schedule.

Bummer. I will be there Feb 25-March 1. I may miss both Arts and Flower & Garden festivals.

I'm waiting to see if the "Paint by Number" mural is coming back.
From the Disney link up thread:
Expression Section: A Paint by Number Mural

Sounds like we are in luck! I'd hate to admit as anywhere other than the Dis how happy this makes me. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter