"Feeling Superhuman Again" - Universal Heroes Contest

jcb

always emerging from hibernation
I just received an e-mail saying I was one of the first one hundred thousand individuals to "successfully register for the Universal Heroes Promotion" - the promotion that Universal ran three times during the Superbowl.

Now, the funny thing is, I didn't register until after the Superbowl was over, the confetti was flying and Joe Namath was handing out the Lombardi trophy. (Who won again?)

So, either Universal and I don't agree on the meaning of 100,000 (i.e., it really wasn't limited to the first 100,000) or very few people registered for the contest. (Perhaps the blame for that lies with Mr. Springsteen.)

I tend to think it might be the former (not to doubt the power of the Boss). While I receive a "Universal Orlando® 2-PARK Unlimited Admission Ticket valid for 7 consecutive days at both Universal Orlando theme parks" I am told I can only redeem "one ticket per household." So for couples or families, Universal will likely sell some tickets they might otherwise wouldn't have (not that I am looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything like that).

Now I have to figure out how I am going to haul my lazy bum down to Universal before the end of the year.

I was just about the post the same. However, I registered THE NEXT day!! I can't imagine 100K didn't come before me. Good way to drum up additional sales. :scratchin

cheers,
:flower3:

I just posted on another thread that I won too. Wish we didn't have to use it by the end of the year. But yes, a great way to drum up sales.

I just got the same e-mail. I was surprised- that I was in the 100,000. I did enter during the Super Bowl cuz I didn't care who won- If the Patriots aren't in it- I really don't care-LOL. But hey a free ticket is always a good thing. May use it in the fall, as we have an annual pass for Disney this year and will be going down several times.

Congrats guys!!!! That's AWESOME!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

i just got the email too! i saw it posted on the dis while watching the super bowl and thought i would register for the heck of it. hmmmm just what is their 100,000 number?

If I remember right...it was the first 100,000 after each SHOWING of the commercial...not just the one during the superbowl...When I first went to the site, it said "the commercial has run three times"....I'm not sure how many of these they are giving away....but it sounds like a whole lot.

I did to. I think I registered that night. I really don't think we will use it so if someone else can Pm me. I don't even know how we are suppose to receive it.

I got mine a few minutes ago too! Question though...I noticed you can only use it between March 1 and Dec 31 of this year. We just got annual passes. Do you know if these can be exchanged for FOTL passes or GC like they do w/ Disney's annual passes? If not, someone in my family will get a nice little gift!

I did to. I think I registered that night. I really don't think we will use it so if someone else can Pm me. I don't even know how we are suppose to receive it.

You will get a voucher certificate thing in the mail in a couple weeks. You take that and picture ID to a ticket booth at Universal and they give you your ticket. You have to claim it yourself. You can't just give the voucher to someone. (darn!)

I would think you could give your ticket to someone after you claimed it, but I don't know that for certain.

Ooops! I just posted on another thread that I just received one too!

I am trying to think how we will fit it in and use it!! :goodvibes

I won one of the tickets too!!

Not sure if we'll be able to use it yet or not...but i'll keep my fingers crossed!

I never win anything!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Yeah! add us to the list! We just received our Universal Heroes Registration - Fulfillment email! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I got one too. Just not sure if I can use it. We're going down in July for DCL cruise and 4 days at WDW. Just can't fit any time at Universal in to that trip. It's too expensive to fly down just to use 1 ticket. I'd still need airfare, hotel, admission for 2 other people and food and transportation. Not very cost effective.

Anyone know if they are going to go by the address on your drivers license? Say if you move before you use it and the address is different but the name is the same as the one on the code they send you do you think they will let you use it?

Anyone know if they are going to go by the address on your drivers license? Say if you move before you use it and the address is different but the name is the same as the one on the code they send you do you think they will let you use it?

It seems they were pretty loosey goosey about giving these away so I can't imagine them turning you away. Besides, the passes are good till the end of 2009, and lots of people will have moved by then so I'm pretty sure they'd just be going by names. 10 years ago, mailing lists that were more than 3 months old were considered obsolete. I imagine that timeframe has shrunk a bit more since then; so I wouldn't worry about it. Have a fab trip! :goodvibes

I think the ID is required as they don't want people reselling the tix. What are the chances you'd find someone with the exact name who wants to buy it? :rotfl:

cheers,
:flower3:

ePrize is the fulfillment company on these. They are a big agency that runs a lot of online sweepstakes for companies. They will be in charge of how these get distributed and making sure they rules are followed. They will mail the voucher to the address on your entry. It may come certified, but with so many winners, I doubt they will go that expense. I have had them come both certified and regular mail. The envelope will say ePrize in the return address, but it might get confused for junk mail so don't throw it away!

I don't think it matters what address it has on your ID as long as you can prove that you are you. They just don't want a bunch of these showing up on Ebay, so they are making you jump through the ID hoop.

Congrats winners!

I didn't bother registering because I didn't know about it until like an HOUR after the superbowl was over, and saw it on the Dis. I figured by then, well, there's no way I'll be in that top 100,000...looks like I should have registered :sad2:

YA KNOWWWW....if anyone just can't possible find a use for theirs, I will gladly take the burden off your hands!!!!!:lmao: We've been dying to go to universal!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

If I remember right...it was the first 100,000 after each SHOWING of the commercial...not just the one during the superbowl...When I first went to the site, it said "the commercial has run three times"....I'm not sure how many of these they are giving away....but it sounds like a whole lot.

That makes more sense, then, because I got the notice that I won, too, and I didn't enter any where near the time of the first showing of the commercial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter