Fearlessly Fleeting February 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Warm weather in the 50’s. Took care of the dogs, but never made it back out to walk on the beach today. I got caught up in chores and sitting around trying to recover from the difficult week in school. Temperatures are dropping dramatically overnight and some snow coming. Looking forward to more warm days and more daylight.

DD and I are not football fans, and no parties to attend, so she and I will have to entertain ourselves once the game starts. I am trying chicken wings in my new air fryer tomorrow. I’m just happy to have another day away from school.

I have been eating pretty well and logging all of my food consistently since the end of December. So, there’s that.

@Summer2018 air fryer wings are awesome! I made them for the game last year...garlic parmesan yum yum. I do drumsticks this way a couple times a month for dinner. DS9 calls them caveman chicken.
DS6 has DD's cold. Unfortunately for him headcolds quickly travel to his stomach so this morning was rough. Glad he got out to play yesterday because I think he'll be on the couch most of the day.
Going to bake later for the food train. And planning in totchos and pigs in a blanket for game time. Hoping everyone's bellies are feeling better by then.
We are having what I like to call the perfect snow right now. It is sticking to the grass and trees but melting an the still warm roads. Not sure it will continue like that but regardless there will be a lot less snow on the roads than anywhere else.

Feeling pretty good about doing all my things yesterday. The to do list doesn’t matter to anyone but me, it just feels good to have the energy to follow thru on it.

The weather yesterday was gloriously spring like. This morning it is foggy but looks like it is going to burn off to blue skies again. Plan for today is to visit two of my danger zone stores… Home Goods and The Container Store. There are a couple more bags ready to go, so I’m contemplating another drop off at Goodwill on the way. Don’t have any interest in the Super Bowl, but might watch some more Olympics at some point during the day.

Dreary and overcast today. Good day for chili! We do enjoy football so looking forward to game.
Oneanne, I hear you on HomeGoods. I love HomeGoods! Will probably check it out one day this week. I’m looking for something to hang on the living room wall over the tv. I’m also looking for one of those big picture frames that holds several pictures.

@Summer2018 air fryer wings are awesome! I made them for the game last year...garlic parmesan yum yum. I do drumsticks this way a couple times a month for dinner. DS9 calls them caveman chicken.
DS6 has DD's cold. Unfortunately for him headcolds quickly travel to his stomach so this morning was rough. Glad he got out to play yesterday because I think he'll be on the couch most of the day.
Going to bake later for the food train. And planning in totchos and pigs in a blanket for game time. Hoping everyone's bellies are feeling better by then.
We are having what I like to call the perfect snow right now. It is sticking to the grass and trees but melting an the still warm roads. Not sure it will continue like that but regardless there will be a lot less snow on the roads than anywhere else.
My grandson is just getting over a nasty cold-after not getting sick for almost 2 years it seemed to hit harder. Hope your little ones feel better soon.

Looking forward to seeing how the wings turn out. DH wants to toss them in his favorite bbq sauce.

Snow is just on grassy areas in my area as well. DD is at a Galentine’s brunch right now, so I am relieved that the roads are just wet right now.

Home Goods is also a weakness for me, although I have noticed that since the pandemic, I don’t find what I am looking for as often as I used to. At least I am saving money as a result.

Good Morning everyone! I am very envious of everyone's nice weather this weekend. We were pretty cold on Saturday and snow yesterday and today I woke up to 7 degrees not including the wind chill. I am looking forward to Wednesday this week when we will finally hit 50.

I am technically on PTO today but I am working part of it. DD has a neurologist appointment at 11 today. She seems to be doing better but has times that are not good but more better times then bad times. I also heard back from the Hematologist on Friday night (this is not related to the current dizziness an weakness). So far all the blood work has come back normal. They do think something is up as she has extremally heavy periods (that also run in my family) and there are times that she has some very minor cuts that bleed longer then they probably should. So she has to go for more blood work for other tests. They bright side, with this test we have hit the deductible. This is a very odd blood test too. They are checking how her platelets work. She is not allowed to have chocolate or garlic for 3-4 days before the test as well as no Advil, Tylenol, aspirin or any of the like. She doesn't have school on Friday so we are doing it then. She has been having some bad headaches this weekend (all hormonal changes) so hopefully they will be over. We just need to get through the week.

I am working part of today (I am on PTO today) to cover leaving early on Thursday for school conferences and starting late on Friday after DD's bloodwork. So it will all even out by the end of the week.

We do love watching football and it was a good game. I was really rooting for our other Ohio team to win but it didn't work out. We did get wings from a great wing place here in town but they were not great this time. I also got my Valentine's gift early. Chocolate covered strawberries from my favorite place, so I ate those yesterday. We also had chili and cheese and crackers. DS had 2 friends over during the game as well. I was not a fan of the half time show. I found it boring but it was also not my kind of music.

They are checking how her platelets work. She is not allowed to have chocolate or garlic for 3-4 days before the test as well as no Advil, Tylenol, aspirin or any of the like.

I tend to run a low platelet count, and have been told to be very careful with aspirin or Advil as well (though Tylenol is OK for me). I also avoid too much garlic before a test (though I've never heard it for chocolate).

I tend to run a low platelet count, and have been told to be very careful with aspirin or Advil as well (though Tylenol is OK for me). I also avoid too much garlic before a test (though I've never heard it for chocolate).

Yeah, I understand the meds. But the garlic and chocolate I never heard of. As far as I know my platelets are good and DD has the normal amount but just may not be working as they should. I do lose basically all of my platelets towards the end of my pregnancies though. We found this out after I wanted an epidural with DS and was told I couldn't. That time my platelets went down to like 30 but as soon as they cut the cord they jump right back to normal pretty quickly. I will have this with every pregnancy. DD was better as they induced me 3 weeks early (as soon as they started to drop). Still couldn't have an epidural but I did get a spinal after the doctors argued with each other for awhile. I was told DD is at an even higher risk of having this since I did. No one else in my family had this.

Yeah, I understand the meds. But the garlic and chocolate I never heard of. As far as I know my platelets are good and DD has the normal amount but just may not be working as they should. I do lose basically all of my platelets towards the end of my pregnancies though. We found this out after I wanted an epidural with DS and was told I couldn't. That time my platelets went down to like 30 but as soon as they cut the cord they jump right back to normal pretty quickly. I will have this with every pregnancy. DD was better as they induced me 3 weeks early (as soon as they started to drop). Still couldn't have an epidural but I did get a spinal after the doctors argued with each other for awhile. I was told DD is at an even higher risk of having this since I did. No one else in my family had this.

They found mine (ITP) during pregnancy as well, but said I've likely always had it. The pregnancy just made it temporarily worse. I had to have a low dose of steroids for a little bit, but my numbers did rebound to an acceptable level, and now my doc just checks them at my annual physical and before any major procedures. Based on stuff I've learned, I think my grandmother had it too, but just wasn't diagnosed back then.

Welp our perfect snow turned into a mess. 4+ unanticipated inches. Minimal plowing as it was only supposed to be an inch or so. Our school district closed with no DL so the kids will have to make up the day...which is usually built into the calendar but wasn't this year. Ended up ok though as DS6 got sick again this morning.
Enjoyed the game last night. Sometimes I prefer when the SB has teams I dont care about because I can just watch you know?
Nothing big planned today except cooking. Debating getting coldstone delivered later for a Valentine's treat. Maybe if DS doesn't get sick again. Or maybe we can make cookies later.

My motivation this week? I am officially in the two week vacation countdown!

Plans for the week are to figure out what is triggering my coughing, because I'm doing it too much, walking more to get my vacation legs going and eating better so I'm feeling better. I'm starting to organize vacation clothing, personal items etc: the new suitcase should be here Tues/Weds and I think I may just lay it out and start putting stuff in to it. I haven't done advance packing in ages, but I think this trip warrants it, after waiting for it the past two years. And after all, getting ready is half the fun, right?

My motivation this week? I am officially in the two week vacation countdown!

View attachment 647406

Plans for the week are to figure out what is triggering my coughing, because I'm doing it too much, walking more to get my vacation legs going and eating better so I'm feeling better. I'm starting to organize vacation clothing, personal items etc: the new suitcase should be here Tues/Weds and I think I may just lay it out and start putting stuff in to it. I haven't done advance packing in ages, but I think this trip warrants it, after waiting for it the past two years. And after all, getting ready is half the fun, right?

So exciting! Getting ready is half the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter