• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favourite attraction at DLP

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
Just curious to find out what everyone's favourite attraction (ride, show etc) is at DLP. I think mine has to be POTC followed a close second by Haunted Mansion. I really enjoy the ambience of Frontierland it really feels what I imagine the 'old west' would have been like. I certainly hope the steam boats will be back in operation by Nov. as they really add to the atmosphere.

Pirates of the Caribbean - without a doubt. The animatronics are superb and the theming is wonderful. I also like that it's on a boat and for a thrill-avoider like myself, the two small drops are about the most I can take, so quite thrilling for me! I love the walk from the entrance to the ride, with the music and artifacts on the way - the heat also rises as you get closer. They vary the lighting in the building and sometimes it's almost pitch black as you walk around the alleyways to the ride - great stuff. I adore the music - so much that I paid far too much money a few years ago to get the whole album imported from America - has some great music, including A Parrot's Life For Me which is trés funny. It was my favourite ride in Tokyo and has always been may favourite ride in Paris - I love the film too and love looking for ride bits in the film, of which there are lots.

Other favourites:

Phantom Manor - much better since the referb last Spring. More great music and brilliant effects - the ball room is spectacular and when the ride enters the 'realm of the undead' it's great fun.

Star Tours - being a huge Star Wars fan this ride is always going to rate highly, it could do with a major update though, DStar Tours 2 is debuting in America in 2007, hopefully Paris will be next. Was better when the post-ride area wasn't a video games arcade.

Studio Tram Tour Ride - how awesome is Catastrophe Canyon? Even though I know what's coming I always marvel at the earthquake, exposion and floods. As a fan of Dinotopia it's always nice to see the gateway to waterfall City - a Dinosaur or two would be nice though. The Reign of Fire set which sees the fire from the Dragon is actually the set used when they filmed it - another fave film of imne, though few others apparently!

Tarzan - The Encounter - it's my favourite Disney film so it's no surprise that I love this show. The music is fantastic and full of emotion, and the gymnastics on show are brilliant. We always go two or three times and that's one show that I do miss at Christmas.

There are tons I love - Lion King, Cinémagique, Moteurs Action, Le Pays des Contes de Fées - I even love It's A Small World and we ride that a few times every visit! I can't wait to back there in December!

BTM for me purely because when Rhiannon and I first went to DLP in April 2004 it was the first ride we went on and we just screamed and laughed the whole way round and it's a lovely memory for me. But I also love PoC and Haunted Mansion among others.

1. Big Thunder Mountain
This is my absolute favourite ride at DLRP. For me, it's much more of a "thrill ride" than the bigger rollercoasters. I've never been a huge fan of loops (don't mind them, but I don't get any sort of thrill out of them) but I love loads of drops and twists and high speeds, which makes this one perfect for me. The theming is wonderful (I've always loved the old west) and the fact that it's an outdoor ride and you can feel the wind in your hair is just brilliant. Plus it feels a lot scarier than the indoor, dark rollercoasters, because you have water around you and it feels quite precarious. I just love it and can't imagine ever getting tired of it!

Hold onto your hats and glasses, 'cause this is the wildest ride in the wilderness!

2. Pirates of the Caribbean
I love the warmth and atmosphere of this ride. The music is fab and I just love the whole feel of it. The drops are cute and just exciting enough for thrill-avoiders like Steve ;) without being scary, and it's an incredibly clever little ride.

3. Rock 'n' Rollercoaster starring Aerosmith
I went on this for the first time last month and it made it into my top three straight away. :) The launch is the best launch I've ever experienced on a rollercoaster, and the music and lights in the ride are great.

Those are my top three. :)

Very interesting Raptor. I actually haven't done either of your two but am going to make a note of it for my trip in Nov.

My favourite is Big Thunder Mountain. First rode this years ago when I went to Disneyland and loved it but had to pluck up alot of courage to go on it when we started going to DLRP - went on and loved it again. Didn't go on it on our last trip though but plan to in November.

Casey Jr I also like a lot - it's quick enough to give me a thrill and I love hearing Amber screaming with delight on it.

Of the shows my favourite is The Lion King.

:goodvibes The walk up Main Street.

I know this is not strictly an attraction but it's my favourite part of the park. Nothing beats the feeling I get when I am walking up here! So exhilarating if they bottled it I'm sure it would be illegal!

For me it has to be BTM, also HISTA - those blinking rats get me every time. Even though I know whats going to happen and brace myself, I still scream

DH Cinemagique

DS R&R, POC Cinemamagique

BTM - my DS (aged 7 loves it sooooo much that even to think about it makes me smile!)

I also liked Cinemagique and Indiana.

I have to go for BTM because when we first went to DLP we had time for one ride before the park shut and we went for BTM. We had such good fun on it and I realised I was there!! It had been 7 years since I'd been to a Disney park and it felt good to be back (even though it was our first time at DLP!) When we went in October and December it got dark before the park shut and BTM is FANTASTIC in the dark - you can see across the whole park and I always get goosebumps!

POTC is fantastic though and comes a close second; I also love Phantom Manor and IASW!!!

Like Karen, I get as much pleasure walking around and soaking up the atmosphere as I do on the rides!! It's part of what makes DLP so great!

I think I could be the only American lurker on this board! :confused3

1. Cinemagique-Different than any American ride
2. BTMRR-The under water tunnel is fantastic.
3. SM-One word...Loops
4. RNR-Seems faster and brighter than WDW
5. I really like Lights...Stunt show but the one in Florida is the same except more English dialogue.

Michael623 said:
I think I could be the only American lurker on this board! :confused3

Promise you aren't Michael! There are a few of you and I really enjoy getting the different perspective from you guys.

1. BTM Always makes me laugh out loud. Me and DH both love this ride. :)
2. POTC This was the first ride I went on in WDW when I was a little girl. My dad still always sings the song whenever we talk about MK.
3. Haunted Mansion Love the song!!! A really fun ride.

Verity.xxx :maleficen

What a great thread.Miffy makes a great point about Main Street USA - it can be an amazing feeling when entering the park first thing in the morning.Its hard to pick one but my favourite attractions are as follows.

Space Mountain : I have only experienced De La Terre a La Lune which was the most fantastic ride ever in my opinion & I just cant wait to do Mission 2.Part 1 had the looks,music,thrills,emotion & theming.Absolute perfection.

Pirates of the Caribbean : Another class act with everything Disney does so well shining through.From the moment you enter the queue area & smell the sea water to walking through the dark pathway & hearing the music,then you have the Animatronics,the storyline,the drops.

Big Thunder Mountain : Everyone loves this & its particularly great at night when you dont anticipate the many drops & turns.I also like the fact that its out on an island surrounded by water & the thrills are very high throughout.A gem.

Phantom Manor : I prefer Phantom Manor in Paris to Florida's Haunted Mansion.I like the Western influence here.They are both very good,the music & special effects especially the Ballroom scene are fantastic.

Cinemagique : This is one of my favourite attractions in any Disney Park.It is unique to Paris & anyone I know who has been to DLRP lists this in their favourites.

Rock n Roller Coaster : 0-60 in less then 3 secs - need we say more!!

:smooth: :moped:

Rock n Roller Coaster : upside down to loud music what could better it.

cinemagique: one day i will watch and not cry.

and i am a really sad person, my favourite, must do every day in the disneyland park is IASW

nikki

Mine's Pirates but my sons (who will have just turned three when we return in September) is Small World so we tend to spend most of the time on that!

I think I could be the only American lurker on this board!
You aren't, honest!...I come here every once in awhile to lurk too. I loved it at DLP!

My favorite ride at DLP is actually a tie between Phantom Manor, and Big Thunder Mountain. Paris has the best versions of these than any of the others! I also liked the difference of Space Mountain too. I don't know how I missed Cinemagique, but I did somehow. I will have to go back someday to see it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter