• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite things to do on your day off

Well, it has been raining for the whole month of May here in eastern PA, so today I had a day off from the hospital and I hung out in my camper, doing some computer work. Still work, but at least I was in the camper!

:D

I guess that I did leave this a little short. But I did get a laugh from your post ftwildernessguy I have an older pop up and I enjoy being in it too. What I really meant was what do you do on your off days at fort wilderness? I guess what I want to know is what is everyones favorite thing to do on your off days without leaving the camp grounds? Sorry this was one of those in a hurry to post and get out the door type of posts.

Hey Goofy, I can answer that too. We always take our bikes so we spend the better part of a day riding around - we like to go to WL and hang out sometimes. We also take the boat over to Contemporary, then the monorail to the Poly for breakfast and some shopping. My DW and DD like to hang out at the pool. Last year my son and I played 9 holes of golf at Oak Trails. On our last day, we go to Downtown Disney for shopping and lunch. I used to like to go on the swamp trail, but last November it was closed when we were there.:cool:

We have breakfast at Trail's End, browse around the trading posts, play checkers out on the front porch of the Meadow's Trading Post, buzz around in a golf cart, rent water mice, walk around the petting farm, see the blacksmith shop, sit in a rocking chair on the front porch of Crockett's Tavery, sipping lemonade.

We just like to relax on our day off. We don't hurry anyplace. :)

On our "off" days from the world, we hang out at the pool. Go for a bike ride to WL. Take the boat over to the Contemporay and go to the huge arcade they have there.
We also go to the petting zoo, sit on the porch at the Trails End and watch everyone come and go. (love to do that!).
Gosh, let's see, we might go to Downtown Disney or go over to the Boardwalk.
And then come evening time, we will go to the campfire singalong, and then head to the beach to watch the fireworks at MK.

off days....OFF DAYS????? what ARE you people talking about???

You're allowed to sit around and relax at WDW???

Quick, someone, tell my husband!!!

:crazy: She-who-longs-to-rest

This is usually what we do:

Do a theme park for a day, then take a day off. Or do a theme park 2 days in a row, take a day off.

Our next trip in a week and a half (yea)......we will be there for 11 nights. Can't wait! :)

off days....OFF DAYS????? what ARE you people talking about???

ROFL!! I'm more like your DH, where as if I hear MY DH say the word "relax" one more time, I'll make him eat my mouse ears!! :eek: We have a marriage filled with compromise, so this years' trip, I'm trying to be a bit more laid back. Parks in the am, swimming, biking, boating, eating in the afternoon and a show in the pm once or twice. Since he's the one who wants to relax he can stay behind in the trailer w/ the younger ones and show them how to take a nap at WDW. I consider this a marvelous compromise! ;)

Thanks for all the replies and do hope that ya keep them coming. And ftwildernessguy you got my curiosty up what is there to do on the swamp trail is it just a great trail to walk or some other things to do? And is it closed for good or just that time?

Originally posted by Feelin' Goofy
Thanks for all the replies and do hope that ya keep them coming. And ftwildernessguy you got my curiosty up what is there to do on the swamp trail is it just a great trail to walk or some other things to do? And is it closed for good or just that time?

The swamp trail is a wooden walkway through the cypress swamp. It gives you an idea of what the area looked like prior to developement. If you want some photo ops, this is an interesting place to go. You may find wildlife, birds, insects or just the cypress trees and spanish moss. Two years ago the wood was showing its age, and last year was apparently deemed unsafe so it was closed down until it could be rehabbed. Since this is not a very glamorous attraction, I wonder when, if ever, the rehab will be done.:(

I had planned to take a morning walk along the Swamp Trail while the rest of our party slept on our July trip. Has this not been rehabbed yet? I saw it well marked on the "new map" posted on Disneycampers. I figured that it had been re-opened. Of course the new Recration map there also lists River Country as "open seasonally"

Of course the new Recration map there also lists River Country as "open seasonally"

Define "seasonally". Is that seasons on a calendar year, seasons of a persons life, seasons that never change in FL.....I guess those that never change, as RC just hasn't changed into its' prime season as of yet. (We're hopefully waiting, though!!) ;)

When we were there during Christmas, we planned 2 non-park days. One day my DH and DS played the 9 holes at Oak Trail. They got some great pictures of the aligators sunning!! I spent a leasurely morning cleaning up and then went to Downtown Disney. The other day we visited Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was nice to have the time to watch the animals and not have a set time to be anywhere. When our kids were younger, we would go to the petting area, ride the pony, watch the blacksmith at horse area, and try out some of the playgrounds at FW. Non-park days are a great way to unwind and relax.

OK! I told my husband about this thread and he says you people are sick!! LOL

I may have mentioned elsewhere...we are spending 6 nights camping in conjunction with a church conference(Lakeside,OH anyone? can you say MAYFLIES?), two nights camping bracketing a day at cedar point, a long trip to Niagra Falls, three nights there, two nights at six flags/sea world, a night at home because its on the way, and two nights at King's Island (where my girls and I are dancing!!! What was I thinking when I agreed to THAT?) Currently on night 4.

DH cracks me up

We went on a cruise once, and by the end he was ready to fling himself overboard!!

:crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter