Favorite show - not cirque

Mysteria

I guess the tag fairies wings were clipped.
What are your favorite shows in Vegas? Anything but Cirque shows. Not that I don't love cirque but I know about them. Looking for ideas for other shows that I may not be aware of.

When are you going . . . because The Lion King is opening in May at Mandalay Bay.

If you're into magic, Lance Burton's show at Monte Carlo is pretty good.

The new guy at The Mirage, Terry Fator, is getting a lot of really good buzz. He won one of the TV shows (America's Got Talent) and some people at my office who saw him REALLY liked him. He replaced Danny Gans, who moved over to the new Encore Resort.

Donny & Marie at The Flamingo is selling out over & over.

Bette Midler's show is really good; she is at Caesars.

Jersey Boys is at The Venetian/Palazzo Resort; I saw it in New York and it is supposed to be the same production.

Blue Man Group is also at The Venetian; my kids really like it.

If you want something more adult, the Crazy Horse show at MGM Grand is something very different. The Fantasy show at Luxor is also supposed to be very sexy; their lead singer, Stephanie Jordan, gets a lot of good press.

Have fun planning your trip!

Thanks!

We have no set plan yet but we are mulling over January 2010.

Hi Mysteria,
Outside of Cirque shows I have seen Carrot Top and and Blue Man Group. Blue Man was an excellent show. I would defiantly recommend everyone to see it at least once. It was at the Luxor when I saw it though I know someone who has seen it and Luxor and Venetian and said it was pretty much the same.

I more recently saw Carrot Top and thought he was VERY funny. I believe that is all we have seen outside of some smaller shows and Cirque.

A lot of larger names in music come through Vegas so you may want to check Mandalay Bay, Palms, and Hard Rock for the time you are there.

Have a great time whatever you choose. :cool1:
________
Free wordpress themes

Just another vote for Terry Fator. We thought he was really, really good. And pretty clean. Worth it.:thumbsup2

Another vote for Terry Fator and Blue Man Group...also look into The Fab Four but I can't remember where they're playing right now.:confused3

Phantom, Jersey Boys, Mama Mia, Lance Burton.

Woody

If you want great singers in a fun show that is not too expensive, I highly recommend Voices at the Las Vegas Hilton and Gordie Brown at the Golden Nugget. Gordie just came off being on tour w/ Celine Dion. His show is funny as heck and he can really sing well too. His new show is more comedic than when he was at the Venetian where he sand more. We liked it so much we've seen it twice and the 2nd time was as good as the first. Voices is a new show featuring Lani Misalucha from the Philipines (who performed for a couple of years with the Society of Seven at Flamigo and Bally's) and Earl Turner who has a long history in Vegas. They are both outstanding vocalists and their show is also very funny! If you go, you can probably get tickets for either show at the Tickets Tonite locations all over Vegas for buy one get one or half off.

Carrot Top for comedy- Seen him 3 times and he's great plus it's a bargain compared to other shows.

Lance Burton for magic- Really entertaining show, long running show as well.

Lion King for a broadway show- WOW, is all I have to say to describe this one.

The Lion King was great! I really enjoyed it! The Excalibur show is cheesy but fun! I like the topless revue at Paris...I can't remember the name. Of course all the free shows are a lot of fun too!

We just saw Terry Fator in December and he is excellent. You don't need to buy the expensive tickets - there are large screens on either side that show him close up. SIgn up on Mirage website and you will get discount offers (25% off)

I've seen Blue Man Group also - fun but different.

Gordie Brown is also excellent - same type of show as Terry Fator - comedy and singing and impressions.

If you have access to Broadway type shows then I wouldn't see them in Vegas but they are usually shorter than the regular shows... however they are all very good.

Am I losing my mind? I swear we saw Terry Fator on the Disney Magic in 2006 or 2007 - before the AGT show. Can anyone help?

Just noticed this thread popped up again. We haven't made it there yet but we will so thanks and keep the suggstions coming.

I do have access to Broadway as I live very close to NYC. Oddly enough though I have seen Mama Mia and Jersey Boys in Toronto where I'm originally from. :laughing:

Any reviews on Phantom of the Opera at Venetian or Jubilee at Bally's? (not sure if that's still running)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter