Favorite Resort Restaurant?

I haven't eaten at many of the resorts - I really need to get to more of them. I will say that I really enjoyed Ale & Compass on a semi-recent trip.

Quick Service:
Primo (Riv) and Capt Cooks (Poly)

With table service it really just comes down to where you are at. There is tons of good options all around WDW for table service.

Hi we are going to be in the Orlando area and already have a DS restaurant booked. Wondering if you have a favorite among the resorts. It will be myself and my 20 something daughter. We are not steak eaters. Where should we go.
My daughter and I love Boma!

I suggest Grand Floridian Cafe for any meal.

The atmosphere is bright and cheerful, service efficient, food among the best of TS.

Even if you don't need gluten-free, the g-f apple crisp is as good as homemade, eggs benedict excellent, salmon delicious--yes, I LIKE the place. Salads are delectable, too.

It's a relaxing place to unwind after a park or simply to close out a lovely Disney day.

Also, highly recommend the open-air lounge, Geyser Point, at Wilderness Lodge. It's a bit rustic and might not be where you'd care to eat on a drizzly, chilly evening. The food could make up for any less-than-optimal weather. The bison burger description sounds quirky, but it all goes together fabulously--highly recommended.
A wonderful place for MK fireworks watching with yummy food.
GF Cafe is a must for us. My wife loves the Victorian decor and I proposed there so it is our fav place for brunch.

Had one of the best meals of all time at Jiko couple weeks ago, get the venison. Prior to that I would have said Topolinos. But, we ate at Topolinos twice recently, a breakfast and a dinner on different days. Dinner was great, but the breakfast I can't recommend. Portion sizes were small (they use to include a second option as a side), service was trying to rush us out and we left hungry. For the money while staying at Riviera, Just get Primo pancakes and French toast.

Runner ups Grand Floridian Cafe (chicken and wafflessss)

Enzo's Hideaway for italian food.
Kona Cafe for breakfast.
Olivia's cafe anytime

When it comes to picking a favorite resort restaurant, it's always a tough choice for me. However, if I had to narrow it down, I'd have to say that the restaurant at Resort Kalina holds a special place in my heart. The ambiance is so cozy and inviting, and the food is absolutely divine. They have a knack for combining flavors in a way that leaves you wanting more. It's the kind of place where you can relax with friends or enjoy a romantic dinner.
What?

Had one of the best meals of all time at Jiko couple weeks ago, get the venison. Prior to that I would have said Topolinos. But, we ate at Topolinos twice recently, a breakfast and a dinner on different days. Dinner was great, but the breakfast I can't recommend. Portion sizes were small (they use to include a second option as a side), service was trying to rush us out and we left hungry. For the money while staying at Riviera, Just get Primo pancakes and French toast.

Runner ups Grand Floridian Cafe (chicken and wafflessss)
I'd put lots of money on the fact that anyone's next meal at Jiko won't be as nice as yours, much like your subsequent visits to Topolino's were pretty lousy. When we have a good meal at WDW, we thank the heavens above that good luck shone down on us and we had a good experience.

Flying Fish. Never disappoints.

If you like sushi, Kimono's is fun spot in Swan Resort.

I have not been to yet (have reservation this July) Amare at Swan Reserve is supposed to be excellent. All the reviews I have read/watched are raving. Which usually means the kiss of death for me, but alas I am trying. ;)

• Sanna at AKL
  • California Grill at the Contemporary & Citricos at Grand Floridian
  • Beaches and Cream at Beach Club
  • Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge

Hi we are going to be in the Orlando area and already have a DS restaurant booked. Wondering if you have a favorite among the resorts. It will be myself and my 20 something daughter. We are not steak eaters. Where should we go.
I've been to 1900 Park Fare (currently closed), Kona, 'Ohana (breakfast), Whispering Canyon Cafe (breakfast and dinner), Sebastian's Bistro, and Cape May (breakfast).

Sebastian's Bistro would win out of those choices for us every time.

Price is reasonable, food is excellent, service was fantastic, and the restaurant is beautiful.

I still dream about that bread pudding.

I'd put lots of money on the fact that anyone's next meal at Jiko won't be as nice as yours, much like your subsequent visits to Topolino's were pretty lousy. When we have a good meal at WDW, we thank the heavens above that good luck shone down on us and we had a good experience.
I can't judge from your experiences, but I disagree with your premise. We've had countless outstanding meals at most restaurants at Disney, including Jiko, and including 'return' experiences. Sorry you've had some poorer experiences. But I'd say for us 4 out of 5 meals at Disney restaurants have been pretty good/excellent over the years. And I don't think there's a restaurant mentioned in this thread that we haven's tried and had a really good meal - and I expect we'll have good experiences in the future.

I can't judge from your experiences, but I disagree with your premise. We've had countless outstanding meals at most restaurants at Disney, including Jiko, and including 'return' experiences. Sorry you've had some poorer experiences. But I'd say for us 4 out of 5 meals at Disney restaurants have been pretty good/excellent over the years. And I don't think there's a restaurant mentioned in this thread that we haven's tried and had a really good meal - and I expect we'll have good experiences in the future.
The experiences certainly skew toward the "good," but each and every place, again, is a toss-up as to whether it's going to be good or not-so-good. There's simply no consistency which gives me confidence that any particular meal will be good. Disney tends to move its chefs around its upper-end restaurants, so the food can be uneven. And servers turn over in most of the lower-tier places which makes service a wild card too.

Boma and Jiko - I have been eating at both since the resort opened and have never had a bad experience.

Steakhouse 71 and California Grill at the Contemporary. I've started going to those in the last few years and have had excellent meals each time.

I'll add a non-resort option too - Boathouse in Disney Springs. Again, excellent each time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter