• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite non-Disney place to eat

livingskies78

Mouseketeer
We are stay at the Bwppi and would like to eat some our meals out of the park. Will have a car or can do ubereats

California Pizza Kitchen is pretty close to Park Place. Maybe a 10 minute walk. Very good pizza, which DL definitely doesn't have.

Joe's Italian Ice is pretty amazing. It's down Harbor Blvd about a mile. Get the cherry&vanilla or orange&vanilla.

Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney is a must every trip.Great food. But they also have New Orleans quality beignets at the Express or for dessert.

Nice dinner out? Morton's. Fun family dinner, Buca's. Joe's Italian Ice is great. Fast food? Miguel Jr's (east on Katella to Tustin Turn left its on the right.) Or Cane's (down by Target on Harbor.)

Pizza Press is amazing and I highly recommend!! We've already planned that on arrival day next month, we're going to either DoorDash or walk over from the Grand Californian to get it. So delicious!

Anaheim Packing District hands down my fav...a foodie food hall with tons of options for everyone.

Worth the trip for the build your own flavor/dip/topping gelato bar place alone!

But honestly there are so many great options in DTD and GCH that we rarely eat off site unless it is just a quick bite.

Not only do we order during our stay but we also order to take with us when we are headed to the airport for our flight home. All their food is GOOD!!!! Marris - Anaheim (714) 533-1631

FYI ... Sometimes their deilvery time is an hour or more. I've learned to call about 2hours before we want a delivery to see what the wait time is. It is always worth the wait. Enjoy!!

The takeaway options for various foods must also be checked out if you fancy food being delivered to your room - there's lots of choice around. Haus of Pizza is one that comes to mind right now, though there are others.

Porto's! There is one in Buena Park (about a 15 minute drive from the BWPPI). I especially like their ropa vieja platos, potato balls, and croqueta de jamon...and the desserts!

Kind of missed this earlier since I'm an occasional [correction] lurker here. But.......

I looked around for where they might have this, and I'd think the former ESPNZone would probably be it. Now it's covered with Marvel scenes.

I was trying to understand how they could be so inexpensive. It's apparently the volume, which allows them to negotiate on ingredient prices. They also have a central commissary where they make a lot of what they sell that gets baked at their retail locations. This was from 2019, but it says that their cost for their potato balls is 5 cents each via automation, although it used to be 50 when they were making them by hand.

And “automation allows us to grow,” he added, noting they now produce the bakery’s famous potato balls at their central commissary for 5 cents apiece, compared with 50 cents apiece before by hand. Further, they recently installed a bun and roll line from WP Bakery Group and operate a line of 140-quart Hobart continuous mixers with a depositor on the end of the line, just for automated sponge cake production.​

When I've carried Porto's bags, I've been asked where I got them. It was like people wouldn't be surprised if Porto's kept on expanding way past LA County. I remember someone in Anaheim who seemed surprised that I had a bag, and asked where I got it. It didn't sound like she had heard of the Buena Park location.

Last edited:
Kind of missed this earlier since I'm an occasionally lurker here. But.......

I looked around for where they might have this, and I'd think the former ESPNZone would probably be it. Now it's covered with Marvel scenes.

I was trying to understand how they could be so inexpensive. It's apparently the volume, which allows them to negotiate on ingredient prices. They also have a central commissary where they make a lot of what they sell that gets baked at their retail locations. This was from 2019, but it says that their cost for their potato balls is 5 cents each via automation, although it used to be 50 when they were making them by hand.

And “automation allows us to grow,” he added, noting they now produce the bakery’s famous potato balls at their central commissary for 5 cents apiece, compared with 50 cents apiece before by hand. Further, they recently installed a bun and roll line from WP Bakery Group and operate a line of 140-quart Hobart continuous mixers with a depositor on the end of the line, just for automated sponge cake production.​

When I've carried Porto's bags, I've been asked where I got them. It was like people wouldn't be surprised if Porto's kept on expanding way past LA County. I remember someone in Anaheim who seemed surprised that I had a bag, and asked where I got it. It didn't sound like she had heard of the Buena Park location.

There was much "omg where did you get that?!" heard at D23 after the DTD location was announced and panel attendees got some free Porto's lol

That location is going to be very busy even by Porto's standards when it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter