Favorite lounges to eat in

Jess.stw

Mouseketeer
Since we won't have the dining plan now, DH and I love to eat smaller plates in lounges....spam me with your favorites! Bonus points for pictures!

I know some might not be open, but fun to have a wish list anyhow!

I have a special place in my heart for the Contemporary Resort, so The Wave Lounge is a favorite of mine. The drinks are great , The Wave Cheeseboard is fun to snack on, and they serve a pretty good burger ... I do miss the Hot soft pretzels though ...

I love eating in the lounges, especially when doing a solo trip. Some of my favorites are: California Grill, Nomad Lounge, Ale and Compass - not sure of the name, but it is next to the Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge (outside restaurant). I want to try some new lounges at the Grand Destino Tower and Riveria resorts.

If your upcoming trip is this summer it may not be allowed to visit other resort lounges, due to the new requirement of needing to have dining reservations when visiting a resort. It is disappointing to me, because I enjoy going to other resorts quick service, bars, and lounges. Guests will need to stay at their own resorts.

Have a fun trip!

The lounge at the top of Grand Destino Tower (CSR). Spectacular views.

So many great options. IN parks - Nomad Lounge (AK), Hollywood Brown Derby lounge (HS) - note that this is outdoors, Tutto Gusto (EP). Just about every restaurant in Disney Springs has a bar or lounge -- my favorites are Boathouse, Wine Bar George, Raglan Road and Homecomin'. At the resorts, favorites include Flying Fish (Boardwalk), bluezoo (Dolphin - some good happy hour deals here), Il Mulino (Swan), Crews Cup (Yacht Club - next to Yachtsman), Victoria Falls lounge (AKL). We also really enjoy a self-guided monorail crawl between the Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian -- stopping in at various lounges in each and exploring the resorts. The Belle Vue Lounge at Boardwalk gets an honorable mention but it's beverages only - no food.

Thanks everyone! I keep moving the line as to what will be a deal breaker for our upcoming September trip...as they keep making changes I didn't anticipate!

I do think if we can't visit other resorts, that may be a deal breaker...but honestly I didn't read their statement to mean a reservation at that hotel when they said "resort or dining reservation for day guests" was required...I just read it to mean a WDW resort guest--like I could enter the Boardwalk or heck even the Poly if I was a guest at the Beach Club...I guess we shall see. I also am holding out hope that September will be past the "initial stages" or whatever it was they called it.

Nomad and Brown Derby lounge would be our favorites.
I would add California Grill, but we always have ADRs there instead.

The Tune In Lounge at 50s Prime Time in DHS is a popular one with some good drinks and a fun atmosphere. But, its almost always full from people stopping in or waiting to be seated for their restaurant ADR. I would recommend going at opening or during off peak meal times, and be prepared to wait around for seats to open. We also love Baseline Taproom at DHS, though its not really a lounge associated with a restaurant if that's what you're looking for.

Thirding Crew’s Cup. Here was the burger I had there, best I’ve had on property and I would put it against any pub-style burger I’ve had here in NYC.

AbracadaBar's food comes from Flying Fish. The pork belly is a must-get. I prefer going to the Flying Fish bar myself, but AbracadaBar's environment is much cozier.

So glad to see crews cup earning so many nods as it’s the one in our main hotel! 5 nights beach club, 3 akl and 2 wilderness lodge.

I’m taking lots of notes!

I'm staying at BCV in July, and I plan on spending an evening at Crew's Cup Lounge, and maybe heading over to the Bellevue Lounge at BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter