Favorite Boardwalk restaurant?

Jenny

DIS Veteran
what is your favorite Boardwalk restaurant for dinner & why? i need some recommendations. is there any restaurant that an almost 3 yr. old would like more than another - decor or food?

I think in terms of food, most would say Flying Fish. My vote would be Palio.

For kids, Spoodles probably has the best kid's menu, and it's a little less expensive for adults than the other two places, although I have had a bad meal there. The Dolphin Fountain seems like it should be fun for kids, although 3 is probably a little too young. I believe Gulliver's at the Swan has a character dinner, but I could be wrong about that; don't know which characters and don't know much about the food; others can pitch in.

If you're considering red meat, Shula's is reportedly very good; never been there.

If you have a park hopper pass and you're going to the boardwalk on a day when you've been inside one of the parks, you can go through the international gateway entrance off the boardwalk and eat at epcot. It adds a bunch of new options.

Our favorite Boardwalk restaurant hands down is Spoodle's. We eat there every trip and would not consider skipping it. The food is wonderful as it is service and atmosphere. Their 4 cheese flatbread is like heaven on a plate!

When we go early, there are lots of kids there and they seem to be happy. I would take a child the age of yours to Spoodle's anytime.

Beaches & Cream over at the Beach Club is a great place, too. Very kid friendly with great burgers and ice cream treats.

After eating a fun thing to do is rent a surry bike and peddle around the lake. Your kiddo can sit in the front and ring the bell!
:D

Favorite Boardwalk restaurant would be Flying Fish - great seafood and other dishes, very nice wine list and wonderful whimsical decor. And, children are more than welcome there!

Absolutely Flying Fish. Just at there Friday night and had a wonderful meal. We were out in a little over an hour so it is a fairly short dinner. Try the mahi mahi if they have it!

We think Spoodles is one of the best kept secrets of dining at WDW. So shhhhhh...don't tell anyone!

For excitement that will cater to a youngun', I suggest the ESPN club. The game room next door had quite a few games that my kids (2 & 2) could play, and the liveliness of the restaurant kept their attention through most of the dinner. They also have food that would cater to almost anyone, so I bet there's something for a toddler.

Spoodles! We ate at Spoodles for the first time in October with DS (age 8). Great food and great service - and pretty reasonable prices for the quality of the food. We actually sat near the pizza oven area for the takeout window and the CM's there "flirted" with DS. He had a blast!

I love spoodles also. DH and I went for the first time this last trip. We had so much food and it was soooo good. We'll definitly making a regular restuarant that we go to when we vacation.

Flying Fish! The food and atmosphere both contribute to my reply. Sorry, I can't comment on children's meals.

Anyone know how late Beaches & Cream serves lunch? And what time do they shift to dinner?

Are Q&C vouchers good here for dinner? Thanks

Anyone know how late Beaches & Cream serves lunch? And what time do they shift to dinner?

They don't have a seperate lunch and dinner. It is all the same menu. If they change to calling it dinner, I have never seen that and we eat ther often.

As far as using a voucher, I don't know. Does the voucher state rules on the back about what hours it can be used?

Spoodles is one of our favorite places to eat at WDW. We always eat there at least once on every trip.

We found Fresh to eat Breakfast at on our last time at WDW and we just loved it. They are now the top place for breakfast for us. So if your over by the Dolphin resort give it a try.

If you need a quick appetizer before you eat or a quick dessert after you eat at the boardwalk restaurants, grap a crepe from a little stand inf ront of the BW resort. They are fantastic!

Originally posted by 2ofUs

Are Q&C vouchers good here for dinner? Thanks

Like CoolDisneyCat said, the menu is the same for lunch and dinner.

You can use your Q&C Vouchers any time of the day.

Another vote for Flying Fish. We think it's in the top 5 WDW restaurants for food quality. The atmosphere is loud, not exactly what you'd expect for fine dining, but perfect for a family to go with young kids and experience outstanding food. :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter